PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Rex Ryan foot fetish? (merged many times)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've already said I believe Ben raped that woman. I even affectionately refer to him as Big Rapey. However, the court of law did not so Roger did not have the right to do anything.
Are you willfully ignoring what you've been told about criminal law versus internal discipline, or do you need it explained in another way. "Roger" DID have the right to do something even if a court had come out and said that Rothlisberger is the Messiah. Think about it, if Goodell "didn't have the right", why wouldn't have Rothlisberger sued and won? Ahh, it's because the world isn't guided by your notion of other peoples' rights and responsibilities.

So rape is only worthy of a 4 week suspension? That's pretty disgusting.

If they concluded that he raped her, why didn't they kick him out of the league? According to you, they would have the right to.
Here we absolutely agree! But businesses aren't known for doing the "right thing" unless there's a bottom-line impact. Face it, he sells a lot of tickets and jerseys.

Last edited:
Were Rex an exec in a public company and the details of his off duty predilections splashed all over the Internet and the media, odds are strong that the CEO and or Board of Directors would vote to dismiss him. It's not whether the actions are legal or harmful it's that their being out there in public view reflects poorly on the corporation. Certainly actionable under Goodell's vaguely worded NFL personal conduct policy.

Were Rex an exec in a public company and the details of his off duty predilections splashed all over the Internet and the media, odds are strong that the CEO and or Board of Directors would vote to dismiss him. It's not whether the actions are legal or harmful it's that their being out there in public view reflects poorly on the corporation. Certainly actionable under Goodell's vaguely worded NFL personal conduct policy.
I disagree, I don't think most employers would take any action against someone for something like this. Maybe some would, that's their personal preference, but are you actually aware of any cases where an executive was dismissed for something so minor?

By the way, if you're saying Ryan should be fired for this, surely you think Belichick should have been fired for spygate.

Last edited:
if Goodell "didn't have the right", why wouldn't have Rothlisberger sued and won?

I'm assuming he was told not to due to the public relations disaster that would create. The public already views him as a rapist, him challenging Roger's ruling would just infuriate the public even more and further keep the story alive.

You're confusing yourself (surprise!). Roger didn't pop Ben for rape, he popped Ben for all of the facts surrounding the rape, taking into account that it was the 2nd accusation against Ben, and concluded that all the discernible facts did not adhere to the PCP. The comish drew no conclusions about guilt or innocence, but probably did take into account the likelihood of guilt.

I was responding to Pujo, who told me the NFL concluded he was guilty of rape.

You're both defending the NFL's decision yet apparently can even agree on why they exactly did so.

Last edited:
Anyway, the issue here is a simple ignorance of US law by Pessimistic Pete. If you're friends with any attorneys I'm sure they could explain the right of an employer to discipline an employee for conduct that's not criminal, or if criminal, not substantiated by any court.

I'll try one more time, look at it this way... say I'm stealing money from my employer. The employer finds out, reports me to the authorities, and I'm prosecuted. However, it turns out that the detectives handling my case mishandled evidence (the photos of me taking money out of the safe), and I'm able to get it suppressed. Without the evidence, I'm acquitted at trial. Does my employer still have the right to fire me, given that rules of evidence don't apply to them and they have pictures of me stealing? Further, what if I was stealing clients' money? Wouldn't my employer have a duty to fire me, even though the court said I was innocent?

Last edited:
Doubt it would happen but a behind the scenes nudge by Goodell to get Rex to take some time off is possible. Sucks that Rex is also the DC for the team because in reality he should put his family first and take a few weeks off. He has to give the media face time as the coach but he can disappear if he's on leave of absence.

Doubt it would happen but a behind the scenes nudge by Goodell to get Rex to take some time off is possible. Sucks that Rex is also the DC for the team because in reality he should put his family first and take a few weeks off. He has to give the media face time as the coach but he can disappear if he's on leave of absence.
Surely if Ryan deserves time off for this then Belichick deserved time off for Spygate.

Anyway, the issue here is a simple ignorance of US law by Pessimistic Pete. If you're friends with any attorneys I'm sure they could explain the right of an employer to discipline an employee for conduct that's not criminal, or if criminal, not substantiated by any court.

I'll try one more time, look at it this way... say I'm stealing money from my employer. The employer finds out, reports me to the authorities, and I'm prosecuted. However, it turns out that the detectives handling my case mishandled evidence (the photos of me taking money out of the safe), and I'm able to get it suppressed. Without the evidence, I'm acquitted at trial. Does my employer still have the right to fire me, given that rules of evidence don't apply to them and they have pictures of me stealing? Further, what if I was stealing clients' money? Wouldn't my employer have a duty to fire me, even though the court said I was innocent?

There's a BIG difference between actually witnessing an employee steal money from you and concluding that a man raped a woman based on second hand evidence.

This thread has grown 124 posts since I visited it last night. That's hilarious. Sunday can't come quickly enough.

I don’t actually see that this makes any difference. I feel kind of bad for Rex as I do like him but he is not cut out to be a head coach. I have to admit I am partaking in some Schadenfreude as this is the Jets who deserve whatever bad comes their way.

You're so ignorant it's a f*cking miracle you don't die crossing the street.

There are multiple corroborating witness accounts of what happened.

Ben Roethlisberger's Bad Play | The Smoking Gun

BUT HAY IT'S TOTALLY THE SAME!!! :ugh:

Please, just stop posting.

Can we keep this guy banned? He hasn't shown any ability to keep the political forum flame tactics out of the football forum. If you guys are going to un-ban him, can we just make it so that he can only post in the political arena?

Surely if Ryan deserves time off for this then Belichick deserved time off for Spygate.

Probably was considered ... what's your point ... this thread is about Ryan not Belichick

Hey guys can we get back to the topic at hand....Rex Ryan the pervert. Ben Rapesburger had his moment in the sun earlier in the year.

Hey guys can we get back to the topic at hand....Rex Ryan the pervert. Ben Rapesburger had his moment in the sun earlier in the year.

You forgot Brett ... maybe we should sticky a thread titled NFL Perverts Discussion.:p

The NFL was able to conclude Ben raped a woman but in 70+ days they couldn't conclude that Brett Favre sent pictures of his penis to Sterger? A high school principle and one local cop could of finished that case in a few days.

So Roger suspended Ben because he had sex with a drunk girl?

99% of the girls these players bring back from the clubs are drunk.

My God, if you have a son and haven't talked to him already about this, do so ASAP.

Do not have sex with a girl that's so drunk she's lost her faculties.

Did you read the girl's testimony?

Are you aware that she was blacking out?

You or your son are inviting a world of hurt if you have sex with a girl in that state, especially in a bar bathroom, especially since whatever struggles or forceful sex occurred, no one denies that she was actually hurt in the encounter, not even Ben R.

I mean, I'm apoplectic that you don't see the problem there.

I disagree, I don't think most employers would take any action against someone for something like this. Maybe some would, that's their personal preference, but are you actually aware of any cases where an executive was dismissed for something so minor?

By the way, if you're saying Ryan should be fired for this, surely you think Belichick should have been fired for spygate.

Yes, and for nothing anything close to this. A simple "Loss of confidence" vote by the BOD and the annoying publicity dissipates and the BOD can move on to the new grass is greener candidate.

Remember Woody needs to sell PSLs. He hasn't done well with this critical task and if this continues to grow and make the Jets a laughing stock possibly inhibiting corporate sponsorship of PSLs, luxury boxes, etc., one embarrassing playoff loss could be the publicly stated reason for going in another direction.

That said the Jets org has a long history of consistency in bad decisions so the odds are that Ryan stays, barring something football related like 0-2 in the next games.

EDIT: I just re-read my cited post and noted that I said "Odds are strong". You were correct to object to that hyperbole.

Last edited:
Johnson called Mr Kraft to apologize about bringing up the Pats in the Alosi thing.
Jets owner still has 'respect' for Ryan after alleged foot-fetish videos go public

Johnson, addressing the Alosi situation, revealed for the first time that he called Patriots owner Bob Kraft to apologize for comments special teams coach Mike Westhoff made accusing New England of intentionally using a human wall along the sideline on punt plays.

The day after the Alosi incident, Westhoff went on a Chicago radio station and freely said that a lot of NFL teams, including the Patriots, use that practice, which is frowned upon by the league.

“I called Bob about any comments that we may have made regarding the (wall) and how he interpreted those comments,’’ Johnson said. “We don’t want to be insulting another team, another team’s coaches, players or anything. That’s not what we’re here to do.’’

Last edited:
I guess Woody hasn't yet seen the pictures of Rex's wife's coochi.

Finally, a voice of reason. This is how the real world deals such issues. A well-run businesses will go to great lengths to protect its reputation. Senior executives whose actions put the company's reputation at risk can expect serious consequences.

Whatever makes Fat Rex's socks roll up and down is fine with me. But keep it to yourself, please. Putting it out there in public damages the reputation of his employer (the new york jets, who SUCK, by the way) and the NFL.

Commissioner Blockhead probably won't do anything but clearly has the right to take whatever action he deems necessary to protect the reputation of the National Football League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes