PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT:Questions for season ticket holders

Status
Not open for further replies.
i went hard on craigslist this week. the stub hub prices were just absurd. i sent well over a hundred emails. avoided a lot of scams. you need to be very careful, cuz some people are really good. i've had a great history of buying off of CL tho.

i ended up paying $600 for a pair in... i think 336 iirc. probably could've tried for a cheaper deal, but wanted to make something happen with someone i felt safe with

i went hard on craigslist this week. the stub hub prices were just absurd. i sent well over a hundred emails. avoided a lot of scams. you need to be very careful, cuz some people are really good. i've had a great history of buying off of CL tho.

i ended up paying $600 for a pair in... i think 336 iirc. probably could've tried for a cheaper deal, but wanted to make something happen with someone i felt safe with

Basically if they won't meet you. There's a good chance it's a scam

And not to sound like a stalker...but if you meet someone on CL for big tickets like this..always best to get their License plate #. Not sure the police would be able to do anything..but something I have done in the past

And not to sound like a stalker...but if you meet someone on CL for big tickets like this..always best to get their License plate #. Not sure the police would be able to do anything..but something I have done in the past

Yup just found someone on Craigslist who sent me a pic of hard tickets. They look legit. (The other guy knows I'm looking for tickets with my friends and is completely cool with that). Definitely worried that these 4 tickets could be counterfeits. Already read today someone got sold fakes In black Bay and I'm pretty sure i responded to that ad. Not sure if the guy sold hard tickets or print outs.

A good habit to do is to review what fake tickets look like. The use of PayPal is a good options since it can protect both the buyer and the seller. I have seen, and used tickets that neither look like standard season hard tickets or TM printouts. They look like they are tickets to the enter the Hall. Some ST holders have access to extra tickets and they are box office printouts. But you have to know how to ID the fakes there too. I was so skeptical the first time I almost offended the STH. He made me take a photo of his drivers license the first time. I didn't understand why then, but I do now. In the end I developed a very good contact and has sold me excellent tickets (same strange tickets) to games I wanted them. I know where his seats are and he never charges me a premium. He even mailed me the hard copy of his season ticket for the home opener in 2015 as a souvenir.

As for going alone...done it. Do it! Just drink more beer! LOL.

I bought 4 tickets off CL for this game. The exchange was/is a nightmare. My contact didn't have any tickets to spare. But I found a local ad, did my homework, have his patriots account number and other contact info so if there are issues. I expect none.

I hope you get to the game. I wont be 3 rows off the field like I was in 2014, rather I'll be 2 rows from the top this time. But I'll be there with a daughter that is just as excited! And that doesn't have a price tag.

A good habit to do is to review what fake tickets look like. The use of PayPal is a good options since it can protect both the buyer and the seller. I have seen, and used tickets that neither look like standard season hard tickets or TM printouts. They look like they are tickets to the enter the Hall. Some ST holders have access to extra tickets and they are box office printouts. But you have to know how to ID the fakes there too. I was so skeptical the first time I almost offended the STH. He made me take a photo of his drivers license the first time. I didn't understand why then, but I do now. In the end I developed a very good contact and has sold me excellent tickets (same strange tickets) to games I wanted them. I know where his seats are and he never charges me a premium. He even mailed me the hard copy of his season ticket for the home opener in 2015 as a souvenir.

As for going alone...done it. Do it! Just drink more beer! LOL.

I bought 4 tickets off CL for this game. The exchange was/is a nightmare. My contact didn't have any tickets to spare. But I found a local ad, did my homework, have his patriots account number and other contact info so if there are issues. I expect none.

I hope you get to the game. I wont be 3 rows off the field like I was in 2014, rather I'll be 2 rows from the top this time. But I'll be there with a daughter that is just as excited! And that doesn't have a price tag.

Thank you for the lengthy post. So if I'm buying from an actual season ticket member, they should have no problem letting me get a pic of their license and providing an account number right? I previously thought this and based on what you said it seems that way, just want to make sure

Yeah. As others have said, there needs to be a way to protect yourself in case of fraud. An upstanding ST seller is going to be ok with you asking for some info. And seller should want to meet you. They are not going to want you to get kicked out of the game on their tickets (that reflects poorly on them, and can lose them their ST).

That still amazes me that the Pats would allow this...because years ago they were cracking down on STH who were selling their tickets on StubHub for triple the price at playoff games even though not much came from it

the pats get a big chunk of the profits from Ace. that's why there are limited tickets available through ticketmaster. since they work only exclusively with Ace, they may have gone after stubhub in the past. the pats will make another good bit of profit with super bowl tickets.

yup, and even if they will meet... be careful. make them show you some kind of proof of validity.
i'll only do it if they meet up and give proof, send directly through ticketmaster before i pay, or post on eBay

I've had a great week. Literally made my 2017 yearly income selling gameday "tickets" on Craigslist.
Still have a couple more days left to make tickets!

I am a season ticket holder. None of the playoff tickets I received from the Patriots are hard tickets. I had to print them out or use my phone.

In the past, I shared information with people to prove I was a season ticket holder.

While we're on the topic. Can you "trade" electronic/paper tickets for the actual original ones at the box office? For example we went to Warped Tour this past summer, lost one of the tickets in the uber, and the box office was able to just confirm our purchase and give us new hard tickets. We love to keep the original ones as memorabilia

I am a season ticket holder. None of the playoff tickets I received from the Patriots are hard tickets. I had to print them out or use my phone.

In the past, I shared information with people to prove I was a season ticket holder.
Oh that sucks. The 2014 AFCCG ones were hard tix I wish they did the same this year

Hmmm hard tickets for the game do exist right? I've seen them all over Craigslist. They have Brady from 01 on them

While we're on the topic. Can you "trade" electronic/paper tickets for the actual original ones at the box office? For example we went to Warped Tour this past summer, lost one of the tickets in the uber, and the box office was able to just confirm our purchase and give us new hard tickets. We love to keep the original ones as memorabilia
For anyone who cares, I called and the answer is no

Hmmm hard tickets for the game do exist right? I've seen them all over Craigslist. They have Brady from 01 on them

I never received them. Maybe because I chose a pay-as-you-go plan over the buy both games and wait and see plan?

I used to get hard tickets, but not this year. Kind of disappointing

Yup just found someone on Craigslist who sent me a pic of hard tickets. They look legit. (The other guy knows I'm looking for tickets with my friends and is completely cool with that). Definitely worried that these 4 tickets could be counterfeits. Already read today someone got sold fakes In black Bay and I'm pretty sure i responded to that ad. Not sure if the guy sold hard tickets or print outs.

If you got hard tickets it's easy to compare them to say Div round tickets and pictures of them and just the feel alone (Barcode is rasied off of the ticket a bit ect)

As far as PDFs i got.... I compare them to the ones I got throughout the year and Div round...section is a bit higher than seat and row ect at the top of the ticket. Not a lot of people will go to all that effort to create the little details because most people don't look.

That's why I always get off of Stubhub if i need to just because I am protected and can still get in if you do get fakes. ( I know you pay out the *** for them..but my previous coworker got fakes to an islanders playoff game...called stubhub..and they got him glass seats for his pain for no added fee.)

BTW did they ever do a presale for public? I never saw it

I received the hard tickets when i got my season tickets. They all came together. Must be based off of whatever payment plan was chosen when I paid for the season tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST