PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Portnoy In Trouble?

How is she chasing clout? Do you think she wants a million degenerates online harassing her? What is she gaining out of this? Think about it for a second. She's got a million people calling her a lying whore.
I don’t know her motivation, maybe she’s angry it was meaningless sex, maybe she wanted a boyfriend, inexperienced maybe she hated the animal nature of it all or rough sex… maybe he is a scumbag who genuinely got too rough.

I don’t know. But apparently the reporter had to go looking for these girls, there were no police reports filed at the time and at least one of the two girls is coming from a place of malicious intent. You don’t sext someone afterwards and attempt to do it again if you don’t want to continue.

Last edited:
They actually are. I volunteer for rape response and have actually taken time to learn about this stuff. False allegations are not common. There isn’t much to gain from false allegations.

The victims are shamed, receive death threads, and rapist rarely get punished by the law.

People wonder why these women (and also men) don’t report right away and then immediately assume they are lying when they do report. See what the issue is?

And then when they get harassed to the extent they just drop it, people take it as proof they were lying.

I’m not trying to be a ****, I would really encourage you to open your mind and do some research.
You should do some more research yourself.

Significantly more rare than you know, rape.

But you'd never know it from the "I'll prove how insightful I am by siding with the person being accused of rape" types.
Yeah, let's hope the false allegations aren't higher than 50 percent.

They actually are. I volunteer for rape response and have actually taken time to learn about this stuff. False allegations are not common. There isn’t much to gain from false allegations.

The victims are shamed, receive death threads, and rapist rarely get punished by the law.

People wonder why these women (and also men) don’t report right away and then immediately assume they are lying when they do report. See what the issue is?

And then when they get harassed to the extent they just drop it, people take it as proof they were lying.

I’m not trying to be a ****, I would really encourage you to open your mind and do some research.
I don't think you're being a **** (well, the "open your mind" part isn't great, but no tragedy). It's simply a reality that it happens. Whether it's 5 or 10 percent or whatever it is. I know locally two kids who were falsely accused in high school (and yes, the girls recanted) and it was a very damaging thing. So we just have to keep open minds with things.

And obviously rapists should be taken out and hurled into outer space. I too have daughters (it's apparently one of @Ian's requirements to post here) and would personally murder anyone who dared to assault them.

Last edited:
I don't think you're being a **** (well, the "open your mind" part isn't great, but no tragedy). It's simply a reality that it happens. Whether it's 5 or 10 percent or whatever it is. I know locally two kids who were falsely accused in high school (and yes, the girls recanted) and it was a very damaging thing. So we just have to keep open minds with things.

And obviously rapists should be taken out and hurled into outer space. I too have daughters (it's apparently one of @Ian's requirements to post here) and would personally murder anyone who dared to assault them.
Yeah that’s fair, I just don’t like to see people jump to assuming they are lying when that isn’t super likely. And jump to the trope that if they don’t report immediately, it’s sketchy.

Doesn’t mean we assuming everyone is guilty just should take accusations seriously.

I don’t know her motivation, maybe she’s angry it was meaningless sex, maybe she wanted a boyfriend, inexperienced maybe she hated the animal nature of it all or rough sex… maybe he is a scumbag who genuinely got too rough.
Maybe she's just not terribly well in touch with reality (and I am not trying to be flippant here so I apologize if it comes off that way). It is entirely possible she asked for rape play, she got rape play, she enjoyed the rape play at the time, but now a year later remembers it entirely different and honestly believes she was raped.

I am definitely no psychologist but IMHO it is reasonable to theorize that the reason she enjoys the rape play in the first place may stem from some sort of earlier trauma. It is certainly not unheard of for a rape victim to turn around and have rape fantasies. In the heat of the moment, there is a lot going on and she probably isn't exactly thinking or perceiving the world with perfect clarity. She is, in a sense, reenacting a traumatic experience. I can imagine a situation where someone's memory might not be 100% in line with reality 1 year later.

I don't put terribly much stock in research done into this subject. Setting aside the personal agendas that researchers all-too-often have, how do you even create good methodology to determine the number of false rape reports? Hand out a survey asking women if they've ever falsely accused someone of rape? No one is going to admit levying a false accusation. We are always told the majority of rapes aren't reported to the police so how in the world does anyone have any clue how many are true and how many are false?

Season 4 Wow GIF by The Office

Seem to me ol' Dave might be in a bit of trouble this time. Maybe.

In my mind, I was thinking that this might be a hit piece from a competitor. I went looking to see if there was a relationship between Business Insider and BSPN, as Barstool seems to be leveraging themselves as the anti-BSPN. I haven't found that link, yet. However... Business Insider is owned by Axel Springer SE, the largest publishing house in Europe. Axel Springer SE recently seems to have had their own closet skeletons come to light:

So... The conspiracy nut in me says *In my very best Hal Holbrook voice* "Follow the money."

Is this possibly something to take the heat off them ?

Is this a New World Order European plot to kill the Stoolie Movement? 100% tongue in cheek, but tell me you can't hear some guy in a thick German accent fussing that "Dis vill be zee end of zee Shtoolie Movement! Those filthy Americans need to behave! Zis is unacceptable!"

Or maybe it's just a salacious sex scandal to be taken at face value.

It's funny to me that celebs often think they are untouchable only to find out that they are very much touchable. We will see. This isn't the end of it.

Worst German accent ever.

Maybe she's just not terribly well in touch with reality (and I am not trying to be flippant here so I apologize if it comes off that way). It is entirely possible she asked for rape play, she got rape play, she enjoyed the rape play at the time, but now a year later remembers it entirely different and honestly believes she was raped.

I am definitely no psychologist but IMHO it is reasonable to theorize that the reason she enjoys the rape play in the first place may stem from some sort of earlier trauma. It is certainly not unheard of for a rape victim to turn around and have rape fantasies. In the heat of the moment, there is a lot going on and she probably isn't exactly thinking or perceiving the world with perfect clarity. She is, in a sense, reenacting a traumatic experience. I can imagine a situation where someone's memory might not be 100% in line with reality 1 year later.

At some point the people who made 50 Shades of Grey (both book and movie) should be sued and also criminally implicated in cases like this as well.

when the Edelman "sexual assault!!!" story broke, 90% of this board pulled a Scott99 holier than thou morality seminar. ONE person, one member of this board said "wait...this story has more to it". I was savaged and rebuked in some of the most vile exchanges I've ever seen here but I stuck to my guns and I INVESTIGATED everything about the story INCLUDING the identities of the two complainants. It was me, the Joker, that EXPOSED her as a lying New Jersey Jet fan as well as her lying boyfriend. 100% false accusation against Edelman. I ran that story down and I put my findings up here FIRST before even the news outlets.

This story is of much less interest to me. Portnoy is not someone I'm going to lose sleep over if this pans out....but..I must remind the quick to judge and issue condemnation that YOU may also have SEVERE biases, and I'm referring to the constant west coast bias used by certain members of this board to denigrate and put down anything they find beneath their fragile silicon valley sensibilities.
Awwwwwe some people might’ve hurt snowflake Joker’s widdle feelings.

Yeah, but chances are, there's a good chance your daughters would be reporting a false rape because it's pretty common right? Or is that only other girls?

I hope it never happens but wow if you have daughters.

I’ll say the Departed or What’s Eating Gilbert Gottfried.
Yes. He was very good in both.

I cannot stand Gilbert Gottfried. My god what an annoying stage persona.

Here's what I'm going to say about this and then I'm bailing from this. To the snowflakes getting bent about "having daughters as a requirement", no you don't have to have daughters but it does give you a different perspective. Just like if you aren't a parent, you may think you know what having kids is like but there are things you don't until you are. I grew up with all boys and now I have both boys and girls, yes, my views been shaped and changed by what I've now experienced. If you're worried about your boys being accused to even 1/10th the degree you worry about your daughters being raped, then you need to check yourself. Having daughters does inform your perspective and quit crying about feeling left out. The adults know what is meant so when you start getting bent about being people adding they have daughters, thanks for your contribution to the sensitivity training.

Next. I don't give a crap if my daughters(s) have your penis in their mouth or you're in mid-stroke. If they say stop and you continue, you are raping them and it's that simple. You don't get to say you couldn't stop or she consented. It's rape at that point. Argue all you want but that's not a reason to ignore her lack of consent. If some girl in your dating history said stop and you continued against her will, you're a rapist. Conviction or no conviction.

Yeah, but chances are, there's a good chance your daughters would be reporting a false rape because it's pretty common right? Or is that only other girls?

I hope it never happens but wow if you have daughters.
Reading is fundamental idiot

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back