PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Portnoy In Trouble?

But that's the last I will say of this lest you go running to the mods.

The only one bringing up the mods is you. So, please, do tell.

If you act like trash, you have little right to complain when you get treated like trash.

and i have no doubt he crossed the line more than once with these girls......not to the point of being prosecutable, not that i've seen......but i have no doubt he's crossed lines that shouldn't be crossed
"Crossed the line" is an incredibly vague term. Your line and my line and his line may be entirely different, so I am not going to debate something so vague. To me, the key question is: did he break the law? This returns me to my statement that people are going to believe whatever they want to believe but no one can intelligently claim at this point it has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

Quite honestly, I don't even see how one can argue it has been demonstrated by a preponderance of evidence.

"Crossed the line" is an incredibly vague term. Your line and my line and his line may be entirely different, so I am not going to debate something so vague. To me, the key question is: did he break the law? This returns me to my statement that people are going to believe whatever they want to believe but no one can intelligently claim at this point it has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

Quite honestly, I don't even see how one can argue it has been demonstrated by a preponderance of evidence.
this.

My take on this having 2 daughters and large number of years on this Earth.

1) Me too movement was pretty eye opening to me. I've always avoided putting myself in a position in the office to have those situations but I've been shocked at some of the boldness of guys when the stories emerged...In hindsight, I know I've made some sexist remarks I'm not proud of but I hope I've evolved. My wife was victim of sexual harassment in the office though and her low-life boss put the moves on during a business trip. I got him fired for that.
2) We all know guys who are complete low-lifes when it comes to women and wouldn't think twice about prying them from their panties using alcohol, drugs, and social pressure as means to do it.
3) Portney has built a culture around sensationalizing and titillating the male psyche so is it any wonder he kept pushing it and indulging in it?
4) Teenage girls getting caught up in the attention? Not surprising that they do or that they don't think it through. Did any of us males think through our opportunities and whims at that age?
5) This is the big one for me. He's in his 40s and he's randomly hooking up with them. Look, I'm all for those dirty little fantasies but the reality is he has no business indulging in it like he did and should expect it to come back and bite him in the ass. I still do double-takes at times and I certainly haven't lost my attraction for women but I'm in control of my actions.

He's a guy who started off as a horny post-teen but never evolved. Sure, he's built a business selling sex but he's also done it by exploiting willing participants who don't fully realize the consequences. He's not a kid anymore and "DM" with random girls to come over and hook up is not the sign of a well-adjusted person of that age. Sorry guys but anyone that thinks he should be admired for this behavior, consensual or not, is feeding the issue that allows guys exploit our daughters, mothers, and wives. He's not kid with raging hormones anymore and he shouldn't be taking advantage of those that are just because he can.

I know I'm sounding like some old prude but some things have to change. We've all had some young girl close to us fall prey to this behavior and we've considered the guy who did it to them, scum. Just because we don't know the girls, doesn't mean his behavior is normal. He's not someone to admire. He might be the nicest guy in the world, but this isn't how a guy in their 40s should be acting.

If you act like trash, you have little right to complain when you get treated like trash.

If you send a complete stranger multi-millionaire your rape fantasies and then fly across the country to his house in Nantucket to act them out, what do you think is going to happen? A beautiful, lifetime relationship will blossom?
Most people grow up and mature and learn a lot about right and wrong between the ages of 19 and 30.
The girl made a huge mistake, error in judgment and was perhaps asking for trouble.

Does it mean that Portnoy should take advantage of that stupidity, immaturity, lack of judgment......????

a decent human being would not do that over and over and over again...He obviously has a problem. I think he likely uses these sexcapades to resolve inner anger, relieve stress and get a "high" like one would get from drugs. However its at the expense of taking advantage of young emotionally immature women (regardless of how reprehensible their behavior is). Portnoy has the advantage of life experience, wealth and fame. More should be expected of him than a 19 yo girl.
He is an immoral dirtbag pervert.

Last edited:
I know I'm sounding like some old prude but some things have to change. We've all had some young girl close to us fall prey to this behavior and we've considered the guy who did it to them, scum. Just because we don't know the girls, doesn't mean his behavior is normal. He's not someone to admire. He might be the nicest guy in the world, but this isn't how a guy in their 40s should be acting.
Most guys in their 30's/40's are schlubs like us. There's just no opportunity there to date teenage instagram model wannabes.

But regarding those athletes/actors/musicians/millionaires in their 30's/40's who have all the groupies, and who have those teenage instagram model wannabes throwing themselves at them left and right, I have a sneaky suspicion that those men indulge at a rate more frequent than many would be comfortable knowing. I read an article yesterday that Leonardo DiCaprio (age 46) refuses to date anyone over 25. I can't say I know for certain that stat is accurate, but it sure seems reasonably valid. But he is dashing and charming and respectful, so I guess it's ok for him.

Last edited:
My take on this having 2 daughters and large number of years on this Earth.

1) Me too movement was pretty eye opening to me. I've always avoided putting myself in a position in the office to have those situations but I've been shocked at some of the boldness of guys when the stories emerged...In hindsight, I know I've made some sexist remarks I'm not proud of but I hope I've evolved. My wife was victim of sexual harassment in the office though and her low-life boss put the moves on during a business trip. I got him fired for that.
2) We all know guys who are complete low-lifes when it comes to women and wouldn't think twice about prying them from their panties using alcohol, drugs, and social pressure as means to do it.
3) Portney has built a culture around sensationalizing and titillating the male psyche so is it any wonder he kept pushing it and indulging in it?
4) Teenage girls getting caught up in the attention? Not surprising that they do or that they don't think it through. Did any of us males think through our opportunities and whims at that age?
5) This is the big one for me. He's in his 40s and he's randomly hooking up with them. Look, I'm all for those dirty little fantasies but the reality is he has no business indulging in it like he did and should expect it to come back and bite him in the ass. I still do double-takes at times and I certainly haven't lost my attraction for women but I'm in control of my actions.

He's a guy who started off as a horny post-teen but never evolved. Sure, he's built a business selling sex but he's also done it by exploiting willing participants who don't fully realize the consequences. He's not a kid anymore and "DM" with random girls to come over and hook up is not the sign of a well-adjusted person of that age. Sorry guys but anyone that thinks he should be admired for this behavior, consensual or not, is feeding the issue that allows guys exploit our daughters, mothers, and wives. He's not kid with raging hormones anymore and he shouldn't be taking advantage of those that are just because he can.

I agree with most of what you write, but some of it seems leading.

"Anyone that thinks he should be admired for this behavior" seems to imply that someone has posted and admired him but all of the posts that I read are the exact opposite. This seems to be a technique used in posts, to state something that no-one has said and claim the higher moral ground on a position that no-one seems to hold. Kind of weird to pose a hypothetical position and then to argue against that position you created which does not exist.

"doesn't mean his behavior is normal". What behavior? Hooking up? I don't hook up, but it is pretty normal these days. Get a Instagram account and you can read about it daily - people don't think it is abnormal and post about it. There are hook up apps that have tens of millions of downloads. Kinky and rough sex is not normal? Again kink is normal even if it makes people outside the kink world uncomfortable. I was divorced at 48 and had my eyes opened. Professional women, doctors, lawyers, CPAs, engineers, would ask me for casual sex, bring ropes over to my place, arrive unannounced on my doorstep with only a coat on, tell me to talk dirty, pull their hair, call them whores, it was all very shocking to me, but it was what they liked, and they are considered balanced professional community oriented women. Yes, you might be a prude ;) I was too.

Most guys in their 30's/40's are schlubs like us. There's just no opportunity there to date teenage instagram model wannabes.

But regarding those athletes/actors/musicians/millionaires in their 30's/40's who have all the groupies, and who have those teenage instagram model wannabes throwing themselves at them left and right, I have a sneaky suspicion that they indulge at a rate more frequent than many would be comfortable knowing. I read an article yesterday that Leonardo DiCaprio (age 46) refuses to date anyone over 25. I can't say I know for certain that stat is accurate, but it sure seems reasonably valid. But he is dashing and charming and respectful, so I guess it's ok for him.
This ^

The whole “I would never do that” argument is null and void unless you’re fabulously rich, good looking or famous.

And Barstool didn’t take advantage of girls by posting their Instagram pictures on their site. That was the entire purpose of girls posting thirst traps online, they wanted and reveled in the attention. They wanted clicks and free money or to become a social media influencer. These social media pages have privacy settings that only allow selected friends to see your photos... privacy was never their intention.

Leo is a great example, people wag their finger at the old fat wealthy guy who has young arm candy on his arm… but the old good looking famous guy… totally cool. No woman is coming back years later regretting her sex with Leo… she’s proudly announcing it to the world.

These girls (probably) regret screwing this not attractive guy because it didn’t lead to marriage, fame, tickets to the Met Gala or a lavish lifestyle they feel that they’re entitled to.

Hypocrites all, social media is a disease… and yes I’m fully aware of where I’m saying this.

Most people grow up and mature and learn a lot about right and wrong between the ages of 19 and 30.
The girl made a huge mistake, error in judgment and was perhaps asking for trouble.

Does it mean that Portnoy should take advantage of that stupidity, immaturity, lack of judgment......????

a decent human being would not do that over and over and over again...He obviously has a problem. I think he likely uses these sexcapades to resolve inner anger, relieve stress and get a "high" like one would get from drugs. However its at the expense of taking advantage of young emotionally immature women (regardless of how reprehensible their behavior is). Portnoy has the advantage of life experience, wealth and fame. More should be expected of him than a 19 yo girl.
He is an immoral dirtbag pervert.

Exactly

But regarding those athletes/actors/musicians/millionaires in their 30's/40's who have all the groupies, and who have those teenage instagram model wannabes throwing themselves at them left and right, I have a sneaky suspicion that, more often than not, they indulge. I read an article yesterday that Leonardo DiCaprio (age 46) refuses to date anyone over 25. I can't say I know for certain that stat is accurate, but it sure seems reasonably valid.
Doesn't matter if they're schlubs or stars. It's up to society to determine if it's acceptable behavior. As long as people keep indulging in the "if I could...I would do it too", there are going to be situations like this and they trickle down into all levels of life. You've never known some high school scum who used just about any means to pry some girls panties off? Being famous isn't an excuse, it's just an opportunity. It's the attitude that it's her fault if something outside her control happens which is the common thread.

As a man, we never have a thought about "if I hook up with this girl, she's going to rape me" or end up in some gang rape. We never have to cover our drinks or try and keep from getting too drunk. We never have to worry about controlling how far things get from our end with a girl.
Girls have to consider these things because they can become victims quickly. Maybe the men should stop putting it all on the women to stay out of these situations and should start calling things out. I've had to teach my girls what to look for and even then, I just hope they recognize it. It's a pretty sh!tty feeling to have strategy discussions with your daughters because there is a certain percentage of your own sex that are not who they may appear to be and you have to teach them.

There's more than a little sexism baked into these "I have daughters" posts too. Both men and women--ADULT men and women--are sexual beings, and are free to do what they want, consensually, with anyone who will have them.

As someone else said, it's about what's legal. Everything else is just people judging from their own perspectives.

There's more than a little sexism baked into these "I have daughters" posts too. Both men and women--ADULT men and women--are sexual beings, and are free to do what they want, consensually, with anyone who will have them.

As someone else said, it's about what's legal. Everything else is just people judging from their own perspectives.
Men are attracted to young fertile women of breeding age.

Women are attracted to security in men.

This literally goes back to the age of cavemen, it’s imprinted in our DNA.

I don’t care if you have daughters, you have thoughts when you see their beautiful college friends in bikinis. If you say you don’t then you’re full of baloney, even if you feel guilty about it.

Exactly
Doesn't matter if they're schlubs or stars. It's up to society to determine if it's acceptable behavior. As long as people keep indulging in the "if I could...I would do it too", there are going to be situations like this and they trickle down into all levels of life. You've never known some high school scum who used just about any means to pry some girls panties off? Being famous isn't an excuse, it's just an opportunity. It's the attitude that it's her fault if something outside her control happens which is the common thread.
If you want to talk about society's views on sex, that will not be a winning argument. We, as a society, bombard people with sex and sexual imagery from cradle to grave. There was actually a time when Madonna bearing her midrift was controversial. But these days? I mean, have you ever seen what goes on at the VMA's or Grammy's?
As a man, we never have a thought about "if I hook up with this girl, she's going to rape me" or end up in some gang rape.
No. Men have to think "if I hook up with this girl, she may regret it in the morning and accuse me of things that didn't happen."

Yes of course...It should apply equally to both genders.
Yes this is judgment based about acceptable behavior, if it is legal between 2 "consenting"adults.

My judgment tells me that a 19 yo does not have the life experience to fully understand the downstream consequences of this type of interaction with someone like Portnoy. Do you disagree?

So yes Portnoy and the girl are free to do whatever they want. No one is saying Portnoy should be imprisoned. But its totally fair (if the allegation is true) to view him as a dirtbag scumbag pervert,

If you want to talk about society's views on sex, that will not be a winning argument. We, as a society, bombard people with sex and sexual imagery from cradle to grave. There was actually a time when Madonna bearing her midrift was controversial. But these days? I mean, have you ever seen what goes on at the VMA's or Grammy's?

No. Men have to think "if I hook up with this girl, she may regret it in the morning and accuse me of things that didn't happen."
Or get her pregnant which is something I would fear whoring around.

Anyway lets all agree on one thing. Portnoy wasn't getting much before he became fairly wealthy. If someone knows the date when that happened it would be helpful. Geeky guy that women wanted no part with for a long time suddenly gets some cash and is a freak. Who knew? lol

Actually maybe feel bad for the guy. He cant have a relationship with a regular woman or he can only attract hos.

media hit piece on a guy who, although not a conservative, doesn't toe the narrative all the time....also very successful in the ape army type movements...no, there's no left wing/establishment motivation to take down Portnoy

"doesn't mean his behavior is normal". What behavior? Hooking up? I don't hook up, but it is pretty normal these days. Get a Instagram account and you can read about it daily - people don't think it is abnormal and post about it. There are hook up apps that have tens of millions of downloads. Kinky and rough sex is not normal? Again kink is normal even if it makes people outside the kink world uncomfortable. I was divorced at 48 and had my eyes opened. Professional women, doctors, lawyers, CPAs, engineers, would ask me for casual sex, bring ropes over to my place, arrive unannounced on my doorstep with only a coat on, tell me to talk dirty, pull their hair, call them whores, it was all very shocking to me, but it was what they liked, and they are considered balanced professional community oriented women. Yes, you might be a prude ;) I was too.
I am not someone who, by any stretch of the imagination, has had terribly many hook ups or one night stands. However, I did go to high school, I did go to college, I did go to grad school, and I have a job out in the real world (Covid work-from-home notwithstanding). As such, I have had partners throughout the many years. Probably not as many as most guys my age, but the number is greater than 1.

I can say, in complete sincerity, that there are indeed those who wanted things like being choked, being "forced", being called names some might consider degrading, etc. I confess I sometimes wonder if there is something about me that attracts this type of woman or if it is just an incredibly common desire amongst the females of the population. I am starting to lean towards the latter.

Derek Jeter had a fine tuned, precision system in place designed to indemnify him from unnecessary complications.

Jeter would send 'em out the door in the morning with a gift bag....no doubt captured by security cameras.
Nice gesture.....and a perfect device to establish the evening's conquest's state of mind the following morning.

Tough to successfully claim "victimhood" when you depart with autographed paraphernalia and a radiating glow

Davey needs to do better than handing 'em a slice of day old pizza and a some chafing ointment

Last edited:
I am not someone who, by any stretch of the imagination, has had terribly many hook ups or one night stands. However, I did go to high school, I did go to college, I did go to grad school, and I have a job out in the real world (Covid work-from-home notwithstanding). As such, I have had partners throughout the many years. Probably not as many as most guys my age, but the number is greater than 1.

I can say, in complete sincerity, that there are indeed those who wanted things like being choked, being "forced", being called names some might consider degrading, etc. I confess I sometimes wonder if there is something about me that attracts this type of woman or if it is just an incredibly common desire amongst the females of the population. I am starting to lean towards the latter.
Exactly. And no judgement against those here who are shocked by what women want, just know these are INCREDIBLY common things.

This is really all there is to say, the rest is just personal taste.
Agree. Dosent mean he isn't weird. But these chicks are imbiciles. Bad parenting.

To recap:
AB accused of rape - Pats Nation says its a witch-hunt. Impossible as she went back to his place.
JE arrested of Sexual A/B - Pats Nation maintains his innocence and its no big deal.
Dave Portnoy gets his freak on with stupid ho-bags - Bad Guy!

I see what is going on........

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back