PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Pats still New England's team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady_to_Moss

28-3....
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I have people that still tell me it's a baseball first town.....well not really...

Here's how fans score Boston sports | Boston Herald

They haven’t won a Super Bowl in 10 years but New England sports fans still say the Patriots are their No. 1 team, Tom Brady is their favorite player, and they give a big thumbs-up to the Red Sox grabbing Cuban defector Rusney Castillo in an annual survey that lets the fans grade the region’s professional teams.

“I’m always impressed with how smart the fans are about their teams,” said Sue Monahan of Channel Media & Market Research in Sudbury, which every year polls more than 13,000 sports fans about the state of the local sports scene. “They have very strong opinions and they expect the teams to be competing every year. They won’t let ownership get away with it if they don’t.”

Among the findings:

• The Patriots were chosen as the favorite team by 42 percent of those polled. Despite their dismal year, the Red Sox came in second, scoring with 30 percent of the respondents, while the Bruins grabbed 21 percent. The rebuilding Celtics took just 6 percent to the Revolution’s 1 percent.​

mod edit: please do not copy and paste entire articles, especially long ones such as this, as that is a violation of copyright laws. For the rest of the column, please click on the link above.

Only 3% liked the Welker deal. I like seeing the Bs starting to rise...about time.

Last edited:
How long before the bruins overtake the redsux for second? Guesstimates anyone?

....but they remain an elite team with two SB appearances as of late.

This is a great ride that's the envy of many towns

How long before the bruins overtake the redsux for second? Guesstimates anyone?

I don't know, but I have a hard time understanding how the Red Sox suck with three championships within a decade.

It's getting there. If the Bs win it this year...it will come very close

It would have been closer if the NHL didn't have player strikes every 8 years.. The Bruins took a long time to recover from the 2005 one...

With that said, I'm the farthest thing from being a Sox fan, but if the Sox become good again in the coming years, and the Bruins slip back a little, I can see the B's falling back.

I just love seeing the gap between the Pats and whoever's in second place. Makes you realize how far the team and game itself has come in this town.

It's getting there. If the Bs win it this year...it will come very close
It isn't so much about the success of the Bruins as it is about the aging Red Sox population. Kids aren't into baseball, and really haven't been for 15 or more years. As the aging Sox fanbase dwindles, so will the Sox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back