PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Parcells already looking for new job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can he rush the passer?

Can he rush the passer?

He's probably put the fear into more offenses than any outside linebacker ever did...

I think BB should hire him as an assistant coach so he can cuss him out during games.

I have no problems with this. Its well known that parcells seems to enjoy the rebuilding phase and not the maintaining phase. And if I'm a owner whose team is in the gutter I would hire him, but would also try to put a plan in place for after 3 years.

i wouldn't mind parcells coming here to do the drafting....

I think BB should hire him as an assistant coach so he can cuss him out during games.

happy2.gif

Parcells and Belichick may have buried the hatchet, but there is still bad blood between Kraft and Parcells... that will never go away

Parcells and Belichick may have buried the hatchet, but there is still bad blood between Kraft and Parcells... that will never go away

How are you so sure of that?

How are you so sure of that?

Thought that it's been well documented that Parcells and Kraft have also buried the hatchet.

I recall both saying essentially if they had it to do over again (with regard to 1996), they both would have done things differently. Personally, I don't think that those sentiments mean that they would have stayed a team, but may have split under more amicable terms.

Also, I recall Kraft extending a cordial invitation to Parcells to commemorate the 1996 SB team, and Parcells said that he was honored, but respectfully declined.

There may be some lingering bad blood, but publically it doesn't seem to be the case.

what-is-fail.jpg

Ever heard of Pat White, bub?? :rofl:

so what are you saying, that parcells drafted one or two guys that didn't pan out he's all of a sudden an idiot at drafting? have you ever heard of chad jackson? like it or not, parcells had a significant hand in our dynasty.

Last edited:
so what are you saying, that parcells drafted one or two guys that didn't pan out he's all of a sudden an idiot at drafting? have you ever heard of chad jackson? like it or not, parcells had a significant hand in our dynasty.

Parcells may have a better eye for linebackers than BB.
Unless I'm incorrect here but I believe he drafted McGinest, Bruschi and T. Johnson or were those guys Bobby Greer's picks? He picked a couple of good ones in Dallas and that other place, too.

Unless I'm incorrect here but I believe he drafted McGinest, Bruschi and T. Johnson or were those guys Bobby Greer's picks? He picked a couple of good ones in Dallas and that other place, too.

It's really hard to determine what went on. First, Charlie Armey was the personnel guy for Parcells until he left to become GM of the Rams, I believe. That meant it was Grier instead. But in Parcells last draft, he stormed out the door after the Patriots went against his recommendation. He wanted a DE (that ended up getting selected much later) and the Patriots took Terry Glenn instead. Actually, Kraft went with Parcells initial suggestion of DE Cedric Jones, but the Giants snagged him right before the Patriots. That's when the Patriots went with Glenn. Parcells stormed out of the room and Grier was left alone to pick Bruschi and Milloy. I'm not sure whose board he was working off of. Clearly Glenn was high on his board. There may have been two different boards that day. Clearly one of the boards was Grier's.

Parcells also drafted Chris Slade at #31 and Willie McGinest at #4, so... at #4 you have to hit. At #31, we got less from Slade than we hoped. He was the Ben Watson of his era. Started, but never really was good enough.

Parcells only had 3 drafts with NE and they were decent, not great, so I can't see how people think he's a great drafter.

Parcells also drafted Chris Slade at #31 and Willie McGinest at #4, so... at #4 you have to hit. At #31, we got less from Slade than we hoped. He was the Ben Watson of his era. Started, but never really was good enough.

Parcells only had 3 drafts with NE and they were decent, not great, so I can't see how people think he's a great drafter.

Thought Slade would have been a good player but had injury issues.
We got some production from Slade at least.
In any case, I think it would be intriguing were BP to join forces with BB in New England. What a freak show it would be.
On second thought, maybe it wouldn't work, anyways.

i wouldn't mind parcells coming here to do the drafting....

I was going to come in here and say this as a joke. Not surprised someone came in here and beat me to the punch with a serious face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes