PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Pagano on Luck's turnovers: 'It's not that hard, it's not trigonometry'

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really IS shocking how stupid most NFL HCs are. Look at their utter paralyzed amazement at the device known as the time clock.
I am not conflating degrees with intelligence, especially as it regards football reasoning capability but as Fourier Series said about the Patriots top coaches, "Their analytical skills and their ability to think logically is unparalleled." Such capabilities are needed to get those degrees and they translate well to analysis, innovation, game planning, personnel decisions under a salary cap, etc.

Rex was daring BB to run on his D and BB just spread the Bills out and let Brady pick them apart.

This week, BB will probably turn Blount and the run game loose and give Bradys arm a rest.

Not sure about that. Jags have had a pretty good run D in the first 2 weeks. Top 5 in yards per game allowed and they only give up 2.9 yards per carry.

Their secondary is their weakness.

Couple of months ago, I suggested Ariens is in the SB, Pagino is fired.

Pagano could survive if The Drug Addict makes a move on the idiot GM Grigson. Or both could get canned. But barring a months long drug-induced stupor in the owner's box, there's no way they're both around for the longer haul.
Firing Grigson would be the smart move, so the drug-addled Irsay will probably fire Pagano.

It really IS shocking how stupid most NFL HCs are. Look at their utter paralyzed amazement at the device known as the time clock.
I am not conflating degrees with intelligence, especially as it regards football reasoning capability but as Fourier Series said about the Patriots top coaches, "Their analytical skills and their ability to think logically is unparalleled." Such capabilities are needed to get those degrees and they translate well to analysis, innovation, game planning, personnel decisions under a salary cap, etc.
Really. I'm hard pressed to find very many good ones. Even the much praised Mike McCarthy. He was so awful in that playoff loss to Seattle last year, and then, in the game this weekend, I watched Russell Wilson run the exact same bootleg pass twice in a row, first to his left, then to his right, and GB didn't make the slightest attempt to keep him in the pocket. They we're running inside stunts and stuff all night, as though they had made it a goal to get Wilson out of the pocket.

Andrew Luck Career Record:

vs. AFC South: 17-1
vs. Rest of NFL: 19-19

But it's all Pagano's fault.

A lot more people can do trig than can be starting nfl qb's

The Indianapolis Colts are unraveling. And I'm not even talking about on the field. Because even at 0-2, the Colts should probably still be seen as the favorites in the AFC South.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...novers-its-not-that-hard-its-not-trigonometry

No wonder the Colts management struggles with thermodynamics; they struggle with basic trigonometry.
:confused:

What is wrong with these people from Indy? Look. I get it. Not much happens there. So, a winning team- in any sport -might be the formula for acquiring as much of the people's resources- including them -as possible. However, these impatient (and incapable) idiots are hitting it with a sledgehammer; apply a level of force that now has them implying that their franchise player is stupid.

And allow me to pause here and state that I like Andrew Luck; find him to be a pretty good human...as far as I know. (He's not a lot of other negative things that those with the talent and paycheck become.)

Yeah, the Indy formula is based on statistics and money...or can we say materialism.

Compare this to the Patriots. BB seems to have a beat on the human qualities that affect play. He's not affected by draft positions, etc.... He understands what he is looking for; accents the human aspects (e.g. intelligence, drive; love for the game et al). Money in football to BB seems like it is just some number that keeps him from acquiring this/that player. Stats? Oh, ya mean wins and losses?

Eventually, these idiots in the middle of the country will drive Luck and his arm out of town. The win now or else attitude is smothering...choking.

ehh.... Pagano's comment was fine:

1. Most people never use more than basic math once they graduate.
  2. "Math is hard" became a feminist rallying cry because of a Barbie doll.
  3. Pagano was more firing shots at his GM through his QB criticism than he was firing shots at his QB.

Being honest and fair isn't as much fun as bagging on Pagano/Colts, even though it's over a complete non-issue, so I get it. I just think that it's been more than a week, and we should move on. Plenty of laughs to be had at the expense of the Ravens, for example. The Colts will supply us with more fodder before the season is done, in all likelihood, especially given that Pagano apparently doesn't expect that he'll be brought back as the coach.

Just my $.02

Last edited:
THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO RESPECT THE CLOCK. :D

i was watching the ticker during the pats game and saw that the colts were down a couple of scores and that luck had throw a couple of ints. They are incredibly lucky to not be 0-3 right now. Luck has more ints and TD's

Have you ever /been/ to Indiana?

Is that a rhetorical question?

If not, yeah, I got stuck there overnight one time. In addition, I've driven through the state a few times. FYI: I went to college for a few years in the Midwest and played sports..so, I got to see many places in the middle of the country, whilst traveling a long ways to get there.

i was watching the ticker during the pats game and saw that the colts were down a couple of scores and that luck had throw a couple of ints. They are incredibly lucky to not be 0-3 right now. Luck has more ints and TD's

It was 14-10 Colts and them I jumped into the game thread for a few minutes. I read that the Colts were on their way to 0-3. So, I go back and check and the Colts are down 24-14. The next time I checked, it was 35-33

Personally, I dislike the way Indy fans are demanding that Luck be better than Manning right now and beat Brady handily. That seems to be the (impatient) mandate. And when they don't get their way and/or win, they whine, whine, whine. All this from the team that played for the #1 pick be being as horrible as they could...cheaters! And as far as they are concerned, they earned- via their wait -the right to demand to win now for doing so. (If they do not win, somebody must have done something to them.)

All this because Peyton Manning won a Super Bowl there once upon a time. :rolleyes:
Big deal! Joe Namath won a Super for the Jests one time. :oops:
And no- you can't multiply your single win by 4. :(
If you ain't got a Montana, Bradshaw or Brady- go away! :p

So easy a caveman can do it.

GeicoLuck-580x232.jpg
Want to hear a boatload of irony? Back when the GOAT grew out his hair (08?), one of my (former) Failbook (TM) friends mocked TB as "the Geico caveman." (This was back when Captain Omaha was on the Colts.) Now he has a true Neanderthal as his team's face. lol

When you think about it, we easily have the smartest coaching staff in the entire league, and it's not even close.

Belichick - nothing needs to be said here. GOAT coach.
Matt Patricia - degree in aeronautical engineering.
Josh McDaniels - degree in mathematics

It's not a surprise that we're always on the cutting edge with these guys at the helm. Their analytical skills and their ability to think logically is unparalleled.

Let's not forget Ernie Adams. The guy is scary smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back