PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Norv Turner will remain Chargers coach in 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Norv Turner deserves to be fired I mean look at what he has done, which is absolutely nothing he has one of the most talented teams in the league with one of the most talented QB's and plays in a conference which in lamest terms is crap and he cannot make it to the playoffs.

This is great news, as we play the Chargers next year. Hopefully Norv can hang on long enough that we get to play his half-asleep, disorganized rabble of a team.

Preferably in the first half of the season. ;)

I think you guys are too hard on Norv. This is an AJ Smith problem.

They have been a really "talented" team but they have also been a team full of meatheads. Lt/Cromartie/Lights out/VJax.........

There are way too many teams filled with uncoachable meatheads that have and are failing. Look at Cincy "sans" their two meatheads.

I think you guys are too hard on Norv. This is an AJ Smith problem.

They have been a really "talented" team but they have also been a team full of meatheads. Lt/Cromartie/Lights out/VJax.........

There are way too many teams filled with uncoachable meatheads that have and are failing. Look at Cincy "sans" their two meatheads.

You could make the argument that it is AJ Smith who is the issue. But I'd contend that it is the Spanos family is the root cause. Even before AJ, with the exception of the Bobby Ross era, they were putrid.

You gotta give Schotts some credit. Hes a disciplinarian and knows talent. Same was with Ross. The guy has won everywhere he has gone and is responsible for most of the core players that they have now. AJ started to make his power play after the 05 season which brought them Light Out and other morons. Schotts problem is obviously playoff football where you need to be daring and take some risks, he was woefully short in that area.

Last edited:
You could make the argument that it is AJ Smith who is the issue. But I'd contend that it is the Spanos family is the root cause. Even before AJ, with the exception of the Bobby Ross era, they were putrid.

You gotta give Schotts some credit. Hes a disciplinarian and knows talent. Same was with Ross. The guy has won everywhere he has gone and is responsible for most of the core players that they have now. AJ started to make his power play after the 05 season which brought them Light Out and other morons. Schotts problem is obviously playoff football where you need to be daring and take some risks, he was woefully short in that area.

Agreed, it's just amzing how undisciplined they are.

I can understand Dallas because JJ is more worried about the stadium, scoreboard, and celebrities for halftime. I don't get the Spanos because they are already "SoCal".

Agreed, it's just amzing how undisciplined they are.

I can understand Dallas because JJ is more worried about the stadium, scoreboard, and celebrities for halftime. I don't get the Spanos because they are already "SoCal".

Jones is another one who needs to step away from the football ops and stick to what he is spectacular at which is building a business, a brand and making money. You would have though that all the time Jones has spent with the Kraft and Rooney families - even Parcells while he was there, he would have learned a few things. Instead he hires yesmen coaches.

Last edited:
A.J.Smith is a no-nonsense GM who is more than willing to follow his own druthers. He places a value on a player and sticks to it. He can play hardball with the best of them. He is a good talent scout though like all drafters he does NOT always hit homeruns. He is a prickly personality (translation: not well-liked by the press). Remind you of anyone?

A.J.Smith is a no-nonsense GM who is more than willing to follow his own druthers. He places a value on a player and sticks to it. He can play hardball with the best of them. He is a good talent scout though like all drafters he does NOT always hit homeruns. He is a prickly personality (translation: not well-liked by the press). Remind you of anyone?

The problem is that AJ put a price on talent more than high-character/football-is-my-life guys. That will sooner or later bite you in the butt: See the 2009 Patriots

The problem is that AJ put a price on talent more than high-character/football-is-my-life guys. That will sooner or later bite you in the butt: See the 2009 Patriots

Bingo

He also seems vindictive. That's a lethal combination with high talent, low character types.

I don't know the personalities, but it seems like Smith gets the talent. They seem to gravitate toward loser coaches, though.

Obviously coaches with guts and better character players are a part of it, but it sure seems like a decent coach could make a run with that talent, if not interfered with in the coaching realm.

We are so lucky, I guess.

We have the best of all worlds, but it's not out of the question for certain teams to be successful with a bunch of head cases. Oakland comes to mind.

Wouldn't shock me to see Gruden make a go of it. he had his issues with Keyshan, but who knows?

Where's our resident chargers fan? This news mustve been too depressing for him. For us, its great news :D

We have the best of all worlds, but it's not out of the question for certain teams to be successful with a bunch of head cases. Oakland comes to mind.

Wouldn't shock me to see Gruden make a go of it. he had his issues with Keyshan, but who knows?

Gruden continues to maintain his stance that he's done coaching last I heard. He has a new deal with ESPN and he's having the most fun of his life there.

Plus he makes prophet like calls alarmingly often. Every time he predicts or says something should happen it happens. I'd miss that, he's good for MNF in my opinion.

Last edited:
Gruden continues to maintain his stance that he's done coaching last I heard.

I'll put money on that. The right situation, he's back in, I bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back