PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: NFL non-Patriots cuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes our chance, the cards cut the immortal Monty Beisel.
He was actually playing with the first unit a week or 2 ago. Paris Lenon was the other starting ILB. And you think we have LB problems

Actually Shawn Andrews was released some time ago. He was picked up by the Giants and is supposedly in great shape. He played against the Pats this week. Peter King said he is on the verge of locking up a starting spot on the Giants O-line.

This is looking like a missed opportunity by the Pats.

Last edited:
Actually Shawn Andrews was released some time ago. He was picked up by the Giants and is supposedly in great shape. He played against the Pats this week. Peter King said he is on the verge of locking up a starting spot on the Giants O-line.

If I am not mistaken, it was his brother Stacy that was released today. Not the same caliber as Shawn, but I am not certain that either fits the profile of a Pats guard: quick, able to get downfield relatively quickly.

CB David Pender
DE Pannel Egboh,

CB Cornelius Brown

I'd look at all three of these. Brown looked superb at the Combine - immense feet and hips. A typical BB cornerback.

The Pats don't like leaden-footed, huge mauling guards unable to block outside of a phone-booth.

Last edited:

Odd Peter King would say that, Andrews was with the second string and wasn't moving acting-DE Pierre Woods as far off the ball as you'd expect from a first round draft pick.

Him over the Arrington for the special teams/5th CB spot?
I'd have to juggle the roster a bit with this in mind. Arrington is very valuable on STs, not so much as a position player. Richardson had a ST's rep, but was hurt a lot while here and unable to show much for his time. When he did play CB I saw good and bad, enough I'd say to put him ahead of Arrington as a reserve CB, but I'm not sure it outweighs losing Arrington's coverage plays.

Last edited:
Can't see it being previously mentioned (sorry if it has),

D.Ward has signed with Texans after his release from Bucs.

Now here's a very interesting cut. The lions have cut T/G Jon Jansen. This would be a quality addition to the o-line seeing his versatility at both T or G.

Justin Smiley will probably get the axe in Jacksonville. He's more of the pull/trap kind of OG as ooposed to the road-grader. Big salary ($2.5 m), and he'll cost Jacksonville a 7th round pick to Miami if he sticks. The Jaguars have a few others ahead of him right now.

Patrick Turner apparently cut in Miami.

That's an interesting one.

Justin Smiley will probably get the axe in Jacksonville. He's more of the pull/trap kind of OG as ooposed to the road-grader. Big salary ($2.5 m), and he'll cost Jacksonville a 7th round pick to Miami if he sticks. The Jaguars have a few others ahead of him right now.

No, thank you. I'd rather have a look at Hartwig.

James Marten apparently close to being whacked in Chi-town, he's one for the PS.

Bengals release WR Dezmon Briscoe

Now here's a very interesting cut. The lions have cut T/G Jon Jansen. This would be a quality addition to the o-line seeing his versatility at both T or G.
I dont think its versatility. He is a T and he is done, so they tried him at G to see if he had anything left, which apparently he does not.

No, I think Pete is looking for productive, less expensive players, trying to build a team up from where the Seahawks are, and an expensive WR that doesn't get open doesn't help.

He sent LenDale White packing after 2 days in camp, sent Lawrence Jackson a former first round talent from USC to Detroit, I think.

Hosh isn't able to get open on a regular basis. His best days are well behind him.

So it's pretty safe to say that Pete Carroll is now trying to assemble a college team in the NFL. :bricks:

Jim Cordle whacked by the Giants. Interesting.

I dont think its versatility. He is a T and he is done, so they tried him at G to see if he had anything left, which apparently he does not.

He was edged out of his starting job by Cherilus, and the lions cut him for financial reasons. It was considered a surprise cut by Rotoworld, and they still feel he is a very reliable vet. I for one don't think he's done quite yet.

Dolphins waive ILB Austin Spitler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents