PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Next Madden Cover

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new game is all about WR control and etc.

Its going to be a WR either Chad Johnson Steve Smith or some other high calibur not to old WR.

If you check back a month or so,there was already a thread started on this SAME topic
Lol, there's probably been a thread on everything if you go back a month. Time to disband the message board - anything that can be posted has been posted.

Madden Curse don't exist. If someone believe it exists, he is a complete moron.
As is someone who makes sweeping generalizations about peoples intelligence based on a single factor. :rolleyes:

Madden Curse don't exist. If someone believe it exists, he is a complete moron.

Madden cover guy is related to what Madden added to this year's version. Last year big addition was RB related. So Alexander was logical. (defense playmaker addition in 2005 edition: Ray Lewis was the cover guy). What will be their addition this year?

So, let me get this straight. You think that people who believe in KARMA are morons. You do realize that means you are calling more than half the known world morons, right?

BTW, Care to explain how every single player, except one, that has appeared on the cover of a Madden game has ended up getting injured during the season in which he appeared on the cover.

So, let me get this straight. You think that people who believe in KARMA are morons. You do realize that means you are calling more than half the known world morons, right?

BTW, Care to explain how every single player, except one, that has appeared on the cover of a Madden game has ended up getting injured during the season in which he appeared on the cover.

Karma is one thing (don't believe to it anyway). MADDEN curse is another thing.

Hey, surely you could give me a list of players who had great years (madden-esque years) and could have been the cover but didn't and had problems the year after.

Edgerton Hartwell: Terrific ILB for the Ravens. Missed games in Atlanta and was not the same productive guy. Curse?

Corey Dillon who had 1600 yards one year and fall to 700 the year after. Curse?

David Boston: Career years of 1598 yards in 2001 and fall to a 512 yards the year after. Curse?

Jamal Lewis: A 2000 yards season...fall to 1000 yards. Curse?

Last edited:
Karma is one thing (don't believe to it anyway). MADDEN curse is another thing.

Hey, surely you could give me a list of players who had great years (madden-esque years) and could have been the cover but didn't and had problems the year after.

Edgerton Hartwell: Terrific ILB for the Ravens. Missed games in Atlanta and was not the same productive guy. Curse?

Corey Dillon who had 1600 yards one year and fall to 700 the year after. Curse?

David Boston: Career years of 1598 yards in 2001 and fall to a 512 yards the year after. Curse?

Jamal Lewis: A 2000 yards season...fall to 1000 yards. Curse?

Oh brother. Nothing like going off on some stupid tangent that has NOTHING to do with the discussion at hand.

NONE of your examples have merit because they don't deal with the topic at hand.

Since you don't understand, Karma and Curses come under the same genre of superstitions. Many people feel that BAD KARMA brings a curse. In this case, it seems that 8 of 9 atheletes who have appeared on the Madden cover have all been HURT the year that they appeared.

hmm well if anythign to help the curse...after 5 or 6 years of consecutive 1000+ yard rushing seasons, in 01, george ran for under 1000....trying to find out if its from injury, which i doubt, b/c you guys woudlnt have said 8 of 9 guys fell to injury....so...we'll see...

if it wasnt for the 01 season, he wouldve had 9 consecutive seasons rushing over 1000 yards ( i believe)

Last edited:
Ok.. I think its many years running that the person who ends up on the cover of Madden ends up getting hurt or doing poorly.

Madden 2007 - Shaun Alexander - missed 6 games and part of 2 more.
Madden 2006 - Donovan McNabb - Missed 7 games due to injury
Madden 2005 - Ray Lewis - Missed the last game of 2005 and Missed 10 games in 2005
Madden 2004 - Michael Vick - Vick missed 11 games
Madden 2003 - Marshall Faulk - Missed 2 games due to injury first season with more than 10 games but under 1000 yards with the Rams
Madden 2002 - Duante Culpepper - missed 5 games due to injury.
Madden 2001 - Eddie George - The ONLY player to don the Madden cover and NOT get injured.
Madden 2000 - Dorsey Levens - missed 2 games to injury and Packers go 8-8

Who is going to be on the cover of Madden and suffer the "curse"?

possibilities include:
Merriman
Tomlinson
Peyton
Chad Johnson
TO
Frank Gore
Reggie Bush
Vince Young

just to name a few

Ok.. I think its many years running that the person who ends up on the cover of Madden ends up getting hurt or doing poorly.

Madden 2007 - Shaun Alexander - missed 6 games and part of 2 more.
Madden 2006 - Donovan McNabb - Missed 7 games due to injury
Madden 2005 - Ray Lewis - Missed the last game of 2005 and Missed 10 games in 2005
Madden 2004 - Michael Vick - Vick missed 11 games
Madden 2003 - Marshall Faulk - Missed 2 games due to injury first season with more than 10 games but under 1000 yards with the Rams
Madden 2002 - Duante Culpepper - missed 5 games due to injury.
Madden 2001 - Eddie George - The ONLY player to don the Madden cover and NOT get injured.
Madden 2000 - Dorsey Levens - missed 2 games to injury and Packers go 8-8

Who is going to be on the cover of Madden and suffer the "curse"?

I was waiting for someone to bring this up, because its almost tradition to talk about this before the next game comes out. I'm just hoping its not any Pats. Hopefully Manning and the Myth continues.

It's probably going to be Chad Johnson or Jason Taylor, maybe even Champ Bailey.

Polian will pull a few strings and we'll see a Patriot on the cover.

It certainly didn't bode well for the Steelers last year when Cowher was on the cover of new Head Coach game either.........................

I never thought of the Bill Cowher NFL head coach thing.......

I just hope its nobody on this team. And if EA was smart they wouldnt even make a new Head Coaching game either cause it was/is trash.

Since this edition of Madden will feature addition to WR play, it will be a WR on the cover.

Since this edition of Madden will feature addition to WR play, it will be a WR on the cover.

yeah i heard that
if that werent the case i woulda thought vince young or reggie bush (up and comers)
but because of that it will prob be a wr
larry fitzgerald?
torry holt?
chad johnson?
antonio gates?

Damn, not Ocho Cinco. I like him.

Put Marvin Harrison or Reggie Wayne on there.

Damn, not Ocho Cinco. I like him.

Put Marvin Harrison or Reggie Wayne on there.

i know i feel the same way
if there was one wr id want its ocho cinco
(ready to get bashed)

well he has NFL Street covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back