PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Megatron to retire, per ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all honesty, I think he is retiring and this is not a ploy to get away from the Lions. His contract is such that the Lions would have to ask him to lower his cap number or outright cut him before the season. So if he truly just wanted out of Detroit, he just would sit tight and wait for the Lions to release him. By annoucing his plan to retire, the Lions can place him on the "retired/reserved" list and he wouldn't count against the cap.

I get why Red Stood fans love him but I can't stand the guy. There is no baseball player I dislike more or have less respect for.
How come? I'm a Rays fan but, I have no beef with him. I thought Price was a little ***** for complaining he was being disrespected. Don't give up home runs if you don't want someone to disrespect you.

Oh God, that Jeter tour...

Don't get me wrong: I was at his last Fenway game and thought it was a very cool event, and that the Sox did well...but I'm bitter.

At the beginning of the year, I could have sold that September weekend of Yankee games for enough to cover most of the season ticket price...but my wife wanted to go, and they were really her tickets. Aaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! By the time the game neared, everyone was burned out on the Jeter thing, the Red Sox sucked, and I might have gotten face value for the tickets, tops. Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!
Sox could have at least pretended they cared about winning that game instead of slobbering over Jeter.

Dislike I get. He always seems to ***** about his contract and the time when he squawked about not getting an RBI was brutal. He was great in the postseason. Sox do not win 3 WS w/o him.

Respect? What has he done?

Years ago he went to the picnic table at Fort Myers for an interview with WEEI and when asked about the use of steroids in baseball he said that anyone using them should be banned for life. Seriously? The guy was using steroids while calling for lifetime bans for other players and I have absolutely no respect at all for that kind of hypocrisy. I could care less about steroids in baseball and wouldn't have cared in the least about Ortiz using them if he hadn't pounded his chest about banning other players for life for something he was doing. Beyond that he is completely a me first guy and his treatment of Francona was despicable imo. I don't like him and have no respect for him, and I won't be at all surprised if he pulls a Brett Favre on retiring.

Years ago he went to the picnic table at Fort Myers for an interview with WEEI and when asked about the use of steroids in baseball he said that anyone using them should be banned for life. Seriously? The guy was using steroids while calling for lifetime bans for other players and I have absolutely no respect at all for that kind of hypocrisy. I could care less about steroids in baseball and wouldn't have cared in the least about Ortiz using them if he hadn't pounded his chest about banning other players for life for something he was doing. Beyond that he is completely a me first guy and his treatment of Francona was despicable imo. I don't like him and have no respect for him, and I won't be at all surprised if he pulls a Brett Favre on retiring.

Certainly Ortiz expressing in wonderment how he failed a 2003 drug test and since then having been tested 80 times and having all clean results is a curious issue for him and MLB overall.

Ortiz and the team have emphatically denied his use of steroids/PEDs. Certainly its everyone's right to choose to believe or not believe him.

Keep in mind baseball turned a blind eye towards this culture for years.

In terms of his treatment of Francona, I agree. He didn't do him any favors for sure.

At the end of the day I guess I appreciate Ortiz but will stop short of putting him in the same catagory as other Boston sports legends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back