PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: McNabb to Skins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, this has been coming for two years. Reid justifiably lost the power struggle in Philly over the last couple of seasons. That is why Heckert left. Reid was the only thing standing between McNabb and another team, and even he had toyed with the idea of moving on multiple times in the last couple of seasons...but he didn't have the guts too when it might have paid dividends. Reid will be the next domino to fall in Philly unless Kolb is in fact the second coming.

As for Shanny, the guy who got canned in Denver because his ego increasingly and finally totally ballaxed a perennial contender ... He won't take Marshall back, even he was ready to move on and was the one who wouldn't give him an extension despite whatever his in office lie detector detected... And he's transitioning all Snyders overpaid defensive talent into a 3-4 defense this season, one which calls for Haynesworth to play the nose and he's not remotely thrilled about that prospect and therefore not attending the offseason program...

He has one pick left in the first four rounds of the deepest draft in recent memory, but he had to do something because without a functional QB (which McNabb still is) you get fired by year three. He has to hope for at least a .500 season coming off 4-12 to buy him time to figure out a longer term plan.

If the Cowboys don't dominate that dysfunctional division this season, Jerry should fire everyone, including himself. If Washington can just contend Reid and Coughlin will likely be unemployed come January 2011. If he somehow manages to trump Dallas for the division, Wade will be gone too. And that will make him the man in the NFCE and a pre season (if there is one) favorite to dominate the NFCE in transition in 2011. That keeps you employed.

The other guy who is really devastated today has to be Bradford...who is now clearly going to the Rams...where everyone will likely be fired next January when the team changes hands... And Clausen has to be sweating bullets that if Buffalo or Cleveland don't love him he could drop like a rock and Tebow could end up being the 2nd QB off the board (hopefully to someone trading back into the first at around 22...).

I think besides Bradford,there is another guy who can be totally devastated or dissapointed at least....his name is Colt Brennan who some said could crack the starting job with a solid camp this season.

Not only did Brennan's slim chance at starting end quickly with no chance,but his number 5 was promptly given to McNabb and Colt now wears 15

BTW: In case you didn't know,Haynesworth and Landry were brought up in those trade talks with Philly but I assume Philly didn't want Haynesworth contract and don't really have a huge need for a safety right now - Haynesworth is not exactly satisfying the Redskins brass right now....for $100M he needs to be the NFLs most dominant lineman when healthy.

Last edited:
Honestly, this has been coming for two years. Reid justifiably lost the power struggle in Philly over the last couple of seasons. That is why Heckert left. Reid was the only thing standing between McNabb and another team, and even he had toyed with the idea of moving on multiple times in the last couple of seasons...but he didn't have the guts too when it might have paid dividends. Reid will be the next domino to fall in Philly unless Kolb is in fact the second coming.

As for Shanny, the guy who got canned in Denver because his ego increasingly and finally totally ballaxed a perennial contender ... He won't take Marshall back, even he was ready to move on and was the one who wouldn't give him an extension despite whatever his in office lie detector detected... And he's transitioning all Snyders overpaid defensive talent into a 3-4 defense this season, one which calls for Haynesworth to play the nose and he's not remotely thrilled about that prospect and therefore not attending the offseason program...

He has one pick left in the first four rounds of the deepest draft in recent memory, but he had to do something because without a functional QB (which McNabb still is) you get fired by year three. He has to hope for at least a .500 season coming off 4-12 to buy him time to figure out a longer term plan.

If the Cowboys don't dominate that dysfunctional division this season, Jerry should fire everyone, including himself. If Washington can just contend Reid and Coughlin will likely be unemployed come January 2011. If he somehow manages to trump Dallas for the division, Wade will be gone too. And that will make him the man in the NFCE and a pre season (if there is one) favorite to dominate the NFCE in transition in 2011. That keeps you employed.

The other guy who is really devastated today has to be Bradford...who is now clearly going to the Rams...where everyone will likely be fired next January when the team changes hands... And Clausen has to be sweating bullets that if Buffalo or Cleveland don't love him he could drop like a rock and Tebow could end up being the 2nd QB off the board (hopefully to someone trading back into the first at around 22...).

Peter King showed today that the Eagles cut or traded 9 starters this offseason including McNabb, Westbrook, Will Witherspoon, Shawn Andrews, Kevin Curtis, Darren Howard, Sheldon Brown, Chris Gocong, and Chris Clemons. The Eagles are poised to take the sharpest decline in the league this year just based on the talent they loss. They are in major rebuild mode.

As for the rest of the NFC East, they may be back to the NFC Least again. I agree that Dallas should walk away with this division. But then again, they are the Cowboys and they are always ripe for a late season implosion.

I think besides Bradford,there is another guy who can be totally devastated or dissapointed at least....his name is Colt Brennan who some said could crack the starting job with a solid camp this season.

Not only did Brennan's slim chance at starting end quickly with no chance,but his number 5 was promptly given to McNabb and Colt now wears 15

BTW: In case you didn't know,Haynesworth and Landry were brought up in those trade talks with Philly but I assume Philly didn't want Haynesworth contract and don't really have a huge need for a safety right now - Haynesworth is not exactly satisfying the Redskins brass right now....for $100M he needs to be the NFLs most dominant lineman when healthy.

Heck for $100 million, he should at least show up for offseason workouts when asked. He can't even do that.

Marshall to Washington would all but catapult that team to the top of the NFCE.

Exactly what I was thinking and would Haynesworth for Marshall work perhaps? They tried to move him for McNabb. Big contracts either way but Al has already got his 21 million from Dan. Now they still go OT at #4 but on the 4th round perhaps Troup or Joseph as NT.

DW Toys

Not trying to offend anyone here, but I'm starting to come to the conclusion that the NFL is FIXED - I mean this is a JOKE, Eagles trade McNabb to a DIVISIONAL RIVAL for a MERE couple of lousy decent picks? Don't the Redskins give up tons of #1's for over the hills? How the heck did the Eagles not demand much in return?

Again - not trying to imply that the NFL is fixed, but this itself is a JOKE.

What?

The Eagles made out like bandits trading away an aging QB in the final season of his contract for the 37th pick which is basically a 1st round selection in this draft.

The Eagles know McNabbs limitation better than anyone.

Exactly what I was thinking and would Haynesworth for Marshall work perhaps? They tried to move him for McNabb. Big contracts either way but Al has already got his 21 million from Dan. Now they still go OT at #4 but on the 4th round perhaps Troup or Joseph as NT.

DW Toys

No one is paying anywhere near what Snyder paid for a guy that got injured in his first year of a HUGE contract and as Rob said,failed to show up for VC.

Marshall to the Redskins makes them an instant Super Bowl contender IMO,They are loaded on defense with possibly a need for a corner at best and now they have a veteran winning QB and a HC who is on or near the level of BB.....Marshall would probably be as happy as a lark and try his best to be a team player just to get out of the rockies

I'm with Rob... the Raiders have become a hopelessly incompetent organization, and there is no hope for their fans until Al Davis is no longer running things (which knowing him means until he dies or is medically incapacitated.) A lot of times when I hear about pro athletes saying they don't want to be traded here or there, I think "What a spoiled crybaby." But I can't blame anyone for not wanting to go to the Raiders. In Washington, McNabb knows he at least has a chance to make the playoffs.

Last edited:
I'm with Rob... the Raiders have become a hopelessly incompetent organization, and there is no hope for their fans until Al Davis is no longer running things (which knowing him means until he dies or is medically incapacitated.) A lot of times when I hear about pro athletes saying they don't want to be traded here or there, I think "What a spoiled crybaby." But I can't blame anyone for not wanting to go to the Raiders. In Washington, McNabb knows he at least has a chance to make the playoffs.

One of the Philly sportswriters wrote this morning that if the Eagles had traded McNabb to the Raiders, it would have been, " like putting your mother in a state-run nursing home."...Ouch.....
Philly has always had the reputation of jettisoning players when they hit age 30 ( as opposed to BB who believes linebackers don't come into their own until age 30) and as of now, they have two players on their roster with 10 years experience Juq'aa Parker and David Akers, a kicker..... It could get ugly here this year if Kolb doesn't light up the place...in a good way...

No one is paying anywhere near what Snyder paid for a guy that got injured in his first year of a HUGE contract and as Rob said,failed to show up for VC.

Marshall to the Redskins makes them an instant Super Bowl contender IMO,They are loaded on defense with possibly a need for a corner at best and now they have a veteran winning QB and a HC who is on or near the level of BB.....Marshall would probably be as happy as a lark and try his best to be a team player just to get out of the rockies

They need an OLB to to compliment Orakpo.

AD? HA!
DW Toys

I like Mcnabb, hate the Eagles. Wouldn't it be awesome if it's like week 4, the Redskins are 3-0 facing the struggling 1-2 Eagles with Kolb. Mcnabb hands them the early season dagger?

Be careful what you wish for Philly.

I like Mcnabb, hate the Eagles. Wouldn't it be awesome if it's like week 4, the Redskins are 3-0 facing the struggling 1-2 Eagles with Kolb. Mcnabb hands them the early season dagger?

Be careful what you wish for Philly.

They play on MNF October 25th as I had said before,thats the word from the NFL Schedule early release....doubtful they meet before then

Last edited:
it's funny how eagels fans talk on there bord like it's realy no big deal McNabb, in mike shanahan's system will suck

the redskins have a lot of talent on defense. if they get any kind of a offense. from. McNabb, they will win the NFC east

Hell the Redskins are a lock to win it all - they are every year around this time.

Memo to Dan Snyder - you have consistently re-created my fantasy team from three years ago every off-season. Even Washington fans recognize this. Until you start making the big names perform and THEN get the big deal, this will continue ad infinitum.

Dudes, I am not saying the Skins are no threat with Larry Johnson, D. McNabb, and Willie Parker on board. I am just saying they will find a way to be less of a threat than any other team that landed these names.

PFnV

Hell the Redskins are a lock to win it all - they are every year around this time.

Memo to Dan Snyder - you have consistently re-created my fantasy team from three years ago every off-season. Even Washington fans recognize this. Until you start making the big names perform and THEN get the big deal, this will continue ad infinitum.

Dudes, I am not saying the Skins are no threat with Larry Johnson, D. McNabb, and Willie Parker on board. I am just saying they will find a way to be less of a threat than any other team that landed these names.

PFnV

I think an improved group of coaches led by Shanahan who is a 2 time SB champion coach will change that philosophy

PFnV

+1. Looks like not much has changed in Redskin land, even after the Shanahan hire.

IMO the Redskins will suck AGAIN this year. McNabb cannot and will not stay healthy over the course of a season and was already on the back nine of his career two years ago. Just a terrible move by Snyder. Jason Campbell is a better player than McNabb at this point and can be a good starter in the NFL with the right coaching and in the right system. The star-stuck Snyder again royally screws the pooch with his impatience.

when do they pick up javon walker?

Only thing left now is for Snyder to sign Favre so as to provide some "competition" for McNabb. :rolleyes:

Man, wouldn't the Washington Press Corps have a meltdown over THAT scenario, eh? :singing:

McNabb is an excellent signing for the Redskins. Their biggest problem has been sorted now because Campbell was just godawful.

All I can say is they better pick up a left tackle in the draft... Oh and about 5 other linemen.

Come on guys, this is Dan Synder's Redskins. I remember before FedEx Field opened and there was a bomb scare. On TV they said the bomb was taken to RFK stadium and detonated. I couldn't help but say over the newscaster when he said it was taken to RFK... "effectively ending its career."

All I can say is they better pick up a left tackle in the draft... Oh and about 5 other linemen.

Come on guys, this is Dan Synder's Redskins. I remember before FedEx Field opened and there was a bomb scare. On TV they said the bomb was taken to RFK stadium and detonated. I couldn't help but say over the newscaster when he said it was taken to RFK... "effectively ending its career."

It's pretty widely known that the Foreskins are going to go O-Line in the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes