PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Massarotti's tearful on-air apology today

This conversation seems to boil down to the role of Sports Talk Radio, I used to be a huge fan.. but lately a lot less so.
Instead of informing or discussing they have descended into the hell of creating controversy and rely on conspiracy theories. Have often heard them go on and on about athletes person lives, in the fall of '21 Bertram ( who for some reason is revered) was talking about how Gisele was unhappy as Tom chose Tampa Bay instead of Miami, apparently Tampa Bay was not as glamorous as Miami. Every time I tune it I hear these ridiculous unfounded nontroversies.. what really gets me upset is when this happens, the guy who knows most about the Pats, Zolak is silent or leaves the room. They seem to believe it is their role to "gin up" controversies.. then I run into someone who tells me did I hear about (insert idiotic sports story) and I say did you hear that on Sports Talk radio??
It is their role to gin up controversies, one of the reason Merloni gave when he left to do Sox games was that it was tiring always coming up with a different angle to get people talking. I can't listen to either station now with Adam Jones in the afternoon, he's way worse than Felger.

The Herald apology is still out there, though behind a pay wall.

Last edited:
New O)rleans had temporary cutbacks in all municipal departments because of pandemic-related drops in tax revenue. It does not take "hours" for 911 call response. And Jackson, Miss. has the nation's highest per-capita murder rate.

Open your eyes Dude…. The corrupt Mayor is about to get ousted & New Orleans has surpassed St Louis as the murder capital of America.

Is that a good thing?

Now let’s talk 911 response

Somehow waiting 2 1/2 hours for police to respond to a 911 call “on average from a survey” is not a good thing, but your welcome to try to spin it in your favor.

If you don’t like this article, I can post many articles on New Orleans & their poor 911 response time.

Last edited:
Open your eyes Dude…. The corrupt Mayor is about to get ousted & New Orleans has surpassed St Louis as the murder capital of America.

Is that a good thing?

Now let’s talk 911 response

Somehow waiting 2 1/2 hours for police to respond to a 911 call “on average from a survey” is not a good thing, but your welcome to try to spin it in your favor.

If you don’t like this article, I can post many articles on New Orleans & their poor 911 response time.

I knew taking hours to answer a 911 call was nonsense. Here is your "spin" direct from the New Orleans Police Department:

"Unfortunately, the data presented to the City Council's Criminal Justice Committee today conflate response times in true emergencies with response times for routine non-emergency service calls, including calls which do not even involve an alleged crime. The best measure of how well we are fulfilling our duty to respond to 911 emergencies is to confine the response time average and median calculations to Code 2 or higher calls for service."

As I stated, Jackson, Miss. is the nation's "murder capital" as defined by incidents per capita. You can't go by straight numbers, what matters is RATE.

Open your eyes, dude!

Last edited:
I knew taking hours to answer a 911 call was nonsense. Here is your "spin" direct from the New Orleans Police Department:

"Unfortunately, the data presented to the City Council's Criminal Justice Committee today conflate response times in true emergencies with response times for routine non-emergency service calls, including calls which do not even involve an alleged crime. The best measure of how well we are fulfilling our duty to respond to 911 emergencies is to confine the response time average and median calculations to Code 2 or higher calls for service."

As I stated, Jackson, Miss. is the nation's "murder capital" as defined by incidents per capita. You can't go by straight numbers, what matters is RATE.

Open your eyes, dude!
Wow…. Some people can never admit they are wrong.

Funny I posted an article saying they were #1, but even if they are #2 in murders, it proves it is a VIOLENT City.

Nice to see you found a left wing rag defending their 911 system because there 911 system is a disaster.

Here is a New Orleans City Councilor, saying 3 hours , but I guess he didn’t check with Tunascribe

Wow… Crime is a problem in New Orleans
Leading The Nation in Homicides. I guess
Tunascribe did not tell them about Jackson

Staffing Woes for the NO police !

Need a Job !

All & All….,I guess it proves New Orleans is not the Maybury City Tunascribe says it is

You Just May Get Your Car Stolen, if they don’t kill you.

28% above the national average.
Maz spoke the truth, you just didn’t like
The truth.

Last edited:
Wow…. Some people can never admit they are wrong.

Funny I posted an article saying they were #1, but even if they are #2 in murders, it proves it is a VIOLENT City.

Nice to see you found a left wing rag defending their 911 system because there 911 system is a disaster.

Here is a New Orleans City Councilor, saying 3 hours , but I guess he didn’t check with Tunascribe

Wow… Crime is a problem in New Orleans
Leading The Nation in Homicides. I guess
Tunascribe did not tell them about Jackson

Staffing Woes for the NO police !

Need a Job !

All & All….,I guess it proves New Orleans is not the Maybury City Tunascribe says it is

You Just May Get Your Car Stolen, if they don’t kill you.

28% above the national average.
Maz spoke the truth, you just didn’t like
The truth.

Well, since you can't tell an official police department press release from a "left-wing rag" or a racist faux pas from "the truth," chances are you couldn't find your own ass with both hands. A word of advice: do yourself a favor and stay home, lock the doors and don't answer the phone come April 1.

Last edited:
Well, since you can't tell an official police department press release from a "left-wing rag" or a racist faux pas from "the truth," chances are you couldn't find your own ass with both hands. A word of advice: do yourself a favor and stay home, lock the doors and don't answer the phone come April 1.

Funny …. This link is also from the police

The police say 2 1/2 hours to respond

Maz was right !
New Orleans is dangerous !
And you hate the fact you were wrong !

Your so funny !

Maz was right !
New Orleans is dangerous !
And you hate the fact you were wrong !

The only thing I was wrong about was giving you the benefit of a doubt for not being a backwoods clown. ;)

The only thing I was wrong about was giving you the benefit of a doubt for not being a backwoods clown. ;)

That means a lot coming from an uninformed imbecile like yourself.

Whats up with Fred toucher's voice. I can't listen to him for more than 10 seconds. He needs to get hethy. Not that I particularly like the show, but jesus

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back