PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Massarotti's tearful on-air apology today

I don’t think there is anything less becoming of a man than rooting for a sports talk entertainer to lose their livelihood over an innocuous comment. The guy talks for a living twenty hours per week for over a decade and that’s his worst gaffe? The vitriol expressed herein is legitimately pathetic.

I don’t think there is anything less becoming of a man than rooting for a sports talk entertainer to lose their livelihood over an innocuous comment. The guy talks for a living twenty hours per week for over a decade and that’s his worst gaffe? The vitriol expressed herein is legitimately pathetic.

The guy is paid in six figures to be a professional whose primary responsibilities include steering well clear of such "gaffes." It was anything but innocuous considering the show's routinely racially diverse subject matter and listening audience.

I wouldn't go as far as to say he should be fired over it, but it was the type of Freudian slip that makes him -- and by extension, the show -- look really, really bad. Whether that portends lasting negative impact is for the station managers to decide.

Last edited:
Possibly. But you must be pretty well-heeled to own houses in both Wellesley AND Nantucket.
....and one breadwinner quits her high-paying tv job to help her child get ready for college.

I'm pretty sure they got jack squat from FAFSA and CSS applications.

All that content by the Herald from that weekend is gone - just like it never happened :rolleyes:

I had not tried to look up any of those articles in a while, so that's disappointing, but not really surprising. On that topic, one of the annoying things with the Herald's retraction was that Tomase's explanation/apology article did not contain anything close to an "I'm sorry" statement. When people pointed that out, Tomase had to write a second article where he specifically apologized for making such a huge mistake. That was only published on his blog, though, which is long gone from the internet.

Tomase is a prime example of why nothing will really happen to Massarotti. Tomase blundered on a national stage and his "punishment" was that he was moved from covering the Patriots to the Red Sox. And he still believes that he's right and a Rams walkthrough tape come to light tomorrow.

I had not tried to look up any of those articles in a while, so that's disappointing, but not really surprising. On that topic, one of the annoying things with the Herald's retraction was that Tomase's explanation/apology article did not contain anything close to an "I'm sorry" statement. When people pointed that out, Tomase had to write a second article where he specifically apologized for making such a huge mistake. That was only published on his blog, though, which is long gone from the internet.

Tomase is a prime example of why nothing will really happen to Massarotti. Tomase blundered on a national stage and his "punishment" was that he was moved from covering the Patriots to the Red Sox. And he still believes that he's right and a Rams walkthrough tape come to light tomorrow.
Thomase may have moved from Pats to Sox to NBCSportBoston but will always have the Scarlet Letter of "F" which means ****ingidiotbuffoonlyingsackofshitelitistreporter

To me it's not about any one thing these jokers say, but that as a group they're all trash people in general, and I don't even mean political opinions or whatever. They're just braying jackasses about everything and it's exhausting.

On that basis I have 0 sympathy, a bloo bloo bloo, rest in piss.

The third guy on the show, don't remember his name, was cackling in the background, he thought it was funny as hell, he should get suspended too.
Jim Murray.. he's another one who goes along with the other two.. felger actually isn't as bad when you see him do TV.. however guilty by association.. I have to want to think mazz isn't racist, but hey when you feel comfortable enough to make any type of joke like that then it's on the employer.. I don't see how they recover from this.. ratings definitely took a hit..

To me it's not about any one thing these jokers say, but that as a group they're all trash people in general, and I don't even mean political opinions or whatever. They're just braying jackasses about everything and it's exhausting.

On that basis I have 0 sympathy, a bloo bloo bloo, rest in piss.
It is an industry where outrage sells (much like political talk). An intelligent, level headed individual with moderate, rational opinions would not succeed because who wants to listen to that?

A little over the top. Verbally/physically abusing a woman, child or a defenseless animal is a helluva lot more unbecoming than calling for some ******* shock jockey's head after he casually threw around racial stereotypes.

Felger and Mazz take shots at other people all the time and don't care about the consequences.

Live by the sword, die by the sword!

Cancel him....immediately!

Later that night, Carlson pointed Hannity to a tweet by Fox reporter Jacqui Heinrich, which fact-checked a tweet by Trump that mentioned Dominion voting conspiracy theories. "There is no evidence that any voting system deleted or lost votes, changed votes, or was in any way compromised, she wrote.

"Please get her fired,' Carlson texted

Hannity and Ingraham. "Seriously ... What the ****? I'm actually shocked. It needs to stop immediately, like tonight. It's measurably hurting the company. The stock price is down. Not a joke."

If you want to keep posting political **** then it’s going to go both ways, I’m not going to keep ignoring it.

Oh, I know, I'm just surprised he survived that nuclear bomb he dropped and stayed in New England in the media. Time might heal a lot of things, but that one is tough to ever forget. Especially since people still refer to it as fact despite the fact the Herald later admitted it wasn't true.

What I don’t get is why Ron Borges, who hasn’t been relevant in over a decade, still has the NFL Hall of Fame vote for New England? That vote should have gone to either Curran or Reiss years ago.

WhoDat?

New Orleans car thefts are 28% above the national average for cities and they have surpassed StLouis as the murder capital of America in 2022.

You may not like it, but the place is as bad as it gets.

It also takes hours to get a response to a 911 call, because of the police cuts.

Last edited:
Sara was back at work this am. Must be some belt-tightening going on in the Felger household. Property taxes must have gone up in Nantucket....

This conversation seems to boil down to the role of Sports Talk Radio, I used to be a huge fan.. but lately a lot less so.
Instead of informing or discussing they have descended into the hell of creating controversy and rely on conspiracy theories. Have often heard them go on and on about athletes person lives, in the fall of '21 Bertram ( who for some reason is revered) was talking about how Gisele was unhappy as Tom chose Tampa Bay instead of Miami, apparently Tampa Bay was not as glamorous as Miami. Every time I tune it I hear these ridiculous unfounded nontroversies.. what really gets me upset is when this happens, the guy who knows most about the Pats, Zolak is silent or leaves the room. They seem to believe it is their role to "gin up" controversies.. then I run into someone who tells me did I hear about (insert idiotic sports story) and I say did you hear that on Sports Talk radio??

WhoDat?

New Orleans car thefts are 28% above the national average for cities and they have surpassed StLouis as the murder capital of America in 2022.

You may not like it, but the place is as bad as it gets.

It also takes hours to get a response to a 911 call, because of the police cuts.

New O)rleans had temporary cutbacks in all municipal departments because of pandemic-related drops in tax revenue. It does not take "hours" for 911 call response. And Jackson, Miss. has the nation's highest per-capita murder rate.

I've heard Felger and Mazz are trash for years now...

However every forum/discussion I find myself at, goes on for pages with everyone breaking down their takes.

Say whatever it is you want about their takes, just realize what you do - you are doing exactly what they want. They got this formula down to a "T".

Plus the Felger and Mazz big board game is more accurate than 99.99% of all the ******** I read on the draft (the .01% it's not more accurate than being @BaconGrundleCandy )

I don't tune in that often but when I do it's more for ****s and giggles and/or the big board.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back