PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Massarotti's tearful on-air apology today

Felger's local "in" is being an unabashed Bruins fan. I wish he had that kind of interest in the Patriots but he's foremost a hockey guy and remains loyal to the Packers and Bucks from his Milwaukee roots. Does anyone know where Jim Murray is from? The only credible Patriots talk on that show is when Greg Bedard guests on Tuesdays during the season. Otherwise, its that trio just stirring the pot with negativity to get people pissed enough to call in.
Murray is from Melrose.

Felger's local "in" is being an unabashed Bruins fan. I wish he had that kind of interest in the Patriots but he's foremost a hockey guy and remains loyal to the Packers and Bucks from his Milwaukee roots. Does anyone know where Jim Murray is from? The only credible Patriots talk on that show is when Greg Bedard guests on Tuesdays during the season. Otherwise, its that trio just stirring the pot with negativity to get people pissed enough to call in.

The irony is the operative phrase there is 'unabashed Bruins fan' because in spite of having been a B's beat guy at one point he doesn't really know squat about the game or the league. I got a kick out of watching Amonte roll his eyes when Felger tried to 'talk hockey' when they were doing pre and post game segments together. The Douche is a fraud, he doesn't even understand the base logic of the cycle.
I've got a dog who knows more about the game than he does.

The irony is the operative phrase there is 'unabashed Bruins fan' because in spite of having been a B's beat guy at one point he doesn't really know squat about the game or the league. I got a kick out of watching Amonte roll his eyes when Felger tried to 'talk hockey' when they were doing pre and post game segments together. The Douche is a fraud, he doesn't even understand the base logic of the cycle.
I've got a dog who knows more about the game than he does.
Yep. Felger played a bit of organized hockey and pond hockey growing up....which is the same as me.

When he starts talking hockey it is painfully obvious he is totally out of his depth. It's embarassing.

Yep. Felger played a bit of organized hockey and pond hockey growing up....which is the same as me.

When he starts talking hockey it is painfully obvious he is totally out of his depth. It's embarassing.

Although those looks Amonte shoots him are priceless so at least there's that

Although those looks Amonte shoots him are priceless so at least there's that
I remember when BB had a Q&A with the writers and back when he was covering the team, Felger starts his question with, "Bill, correct me if i'm wrong, but..."

BB interrupts him in mid-sentence and says, "I can't wait."

What's crazy is he was the Bruins beat writer for a long time for the Herald prior to the Pats beat way back when. Although, that was back in the late-90s, so a lot has clearly changed since then.

What's crazy is he was the Bruins beat writer for a long time for the Herald prior to the Pats beat way back when. Although, that was back in the late-90s, so a lot has clearly changed since then.
Yea there is just that level of knowing the nuances of the NHL game he just doesn't have as a sportswriter. Plus I don't think he put the time in learning said nuances.

Fluto Shinzawa is a shining example of a sportswriter who has and it shows. Man is he good.

Yea there is just that level of knowing the nuances of the NHL game he just doesn't have as a sportswriter. Plus I don't think he put the time in learning said nuances.

Fluto Shinzawa is a shining example of a sportswriter who has and it shows. Man is he good.
I agree. Been around for a while and really does a great job.

That depends on how you define 'a long time.' By calendar measure Felger was on the Bruins beat for all of 3 years, from 97-99. They were however very long years if you were a B's fan hoping for anything of substance about your team.
It was kinda like wind chill;
Real time; 3 years
Feels like: An eternity

• Agree
Reactions: Ian

Guregian had moved from the Bruins beat to being one of The Herald's general sports columnist. She routinely broke B's stories Felger missed or just didn't bother with and covered the team and sport better in her 'notes' than Felger did in his articles. As a fill in radio guy Felger talked hockey as his niche not because he knew it well but because other than Dale Arnold no one else talked B's very much and the team's fans were starved for it.

Shinzawa tosses out more real info in his average tweet than Felger reported in a week. Shinzawa actually understands the game he covers and it shows. There's no extraneous BS in his reporting, you don't need column filler when you actually know the subject

Guregian had moved from the Bruins beat to being one of The Herald's general sports columnist. She routinely broke B's stories Felger missed or just didn't bother with and covered the team and sport better in her 'notes' than Felger did in his articles. As a fill in radio guy Felger talked hockey as his niche not because he knew it well but because other than Dale Arnold no one else talked B's very much and the team's fans were starved for it.

Shinzawa tosses out more real info in his average tweet than Felger reported in a week. Shinzawa actually understands the game he covers and it shows. There's no extraneous BS in his reporting, you don't need column filler when you actually know the subject
Kevin Paul Dupont is another one who knows the game.

Kevin Paul Dupont is another one who knows the game.

Dupont does know the game and writes about it well. Too bad he was always so stiff live or he might have built himself a national presence, he's just not great with a mic in front of him.

Dupont does know the game and writes about it well. Too bad he was always so stiff live or he might have built himself a national presence, he's just not great with a mic in front of him.
Hes the bizarro Felger. All substance, no style.

No, they're celebrity entertainers. Felger in particular (and Maz) is on tv as well as radio. He has sponsorship deals. 41 million dollars net worth speaks for itself.
All good gang. But please don't believe that web page about the $41M. It provides no backup for it and in fact puts it out as speculation.

I dunno. I didn't hear this when it happened but the weepy apology was a bit hard to swallow. He made a crack to Felger about watching out for car-thieving black folks then today says, "That's not who I am." No word yet on whether another shoe will drop, re. suspension.

Cancel him....immediately!
He and felger I'm surprised were not canceled... they have said alot of border line comments over the years... guess Beasley media group is more concerned about the ratings....

Suspended for saying bad mostly true things about New Orleans….

Meanwhile….

Brings a gun to his friend who is in a beef at a bar. Stays at the scene while his friend fires 11 shots into a car parked in a crowded bar scene and kills someone’s mother.

He is playing college basketball tonight.

So say something bad about black peoples-suspended

Black kid brings a gun to a murderer, playing in the NCAA tonight.
Do people actually listen to those ******s?? Tearful apology boo hoo Maz out of the hearts' abundance the mouth speaks. :rolleyes:
Sad Pauly D GIF by A Double Shot At Love With DJ Pauly D and Vinny
They are former herald sportswriters felger admitted he isn't a patriots fan..

Show is annoying, Mazz is a whiney cry baby, felger cuts off people and always feels he's right.. neither have any sports background other than running thier mouths.. they hold the ratings for thier station is why they aren't canceled..

He and felger I'm surprised were not canceled... they have said alot of border line comments over the years... guess Beasley media group is more concerned about the ratings....
The third guy on the show, don't remember his name, was cackling in the background, he thought it was funny as hell, he should get suspended too.

All good gang. But please don't believe that web page about the $41M. It provides no backup for it and in fact puts it out as speculation.
Possibly. But you must be pretty well-heeled to own houses in both Wellesley AND Nantucket.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back