PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Mannings 35K yards....Beldsoe??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats726

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone caught this...I guess Manning for his 46K yards passing in one more game than Marino did...but there was mention of Beldsoe and how quickly he got to 35K..and from what I hear it was 10 more games than Manning?? Wasn't sure I heard correctly..but IF that is true..considering how few good receivers Bledsoe had in NE..it shows a lot to get there that fast..Manning who has had Harrison, Wayne and others all the time. Thoughts??

Pats726 said:
Just curious if anyone caught this...I guess Manning for his 46K yards passing in one more game than Marino did...but there was mention of Beldsoe and how quickly he got to 35K..and from what I hear it was 10 more games than Manning?? Wasn't sure I heard correctly..but IF that is true..considering how few good receivers Bledsoe had in NE..it shows a lot to get there that fast..Manning who has had Harrison, Wayne and others all the time. Thoughts??

It was a list of the top 5 players who got to 35,000 yards the fastest. Marino was first, followed by Peyton last night. The other three fastest were Bledsoe, Favre and Moon. Just an empty stats race since only one of them managed a ring in all those yards. Just means they were playing pass happy football. Maybe tonight they'll graphic the fastest to three rings. I'll bet Brady tops that one, and considering how few good receivers he's had in NE...

MoLewisrocks said:
It was a list of the top 5 players who got to 35,000 yards the fastest. Marino was first, followed by Peyton last night. The other three fastest were Bledsoe, Favre and Moon. Just an empty stats race since only one of them managed a ring in all those yards. Just means they were playing pass happy football. Maybe tonight they'll graphic the fastest to three rings. I'll bet Brady tops that one, and considering how few good receivers he's had in NE...

Superbowl rings are FAR superior to just yards in the air. I agree...

I know it is a stat that means nothing..but..was Bledsoe ALl that far behind him in gaining the yardage?? If so, the socalled experts who say "Bledsoe xxx" are just not paying attention..was it only 10 games behind Manning??

YARDS means nothing. Its like the hitter who always get a hit with 2 outs and nobody on But; when there's 2 on and 2 out he makes an out.
As Old Red used to say(God bless his soul) statictics are for losers.
Winner just win...............

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes