PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Manning article coming out in ESPN the Mag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still don't understand why the team has not IRed Peyton yet

Is this maybe a gimmick to keep fans hoping the team can stay in contention this year with the promise that he MAY return by mid november?

Or do they officially end his season once the Colts reach thier 7th loss which may be less than a month away?

Either way,Its evident to me that the Colts will not risk Manning's future there and have no intentions of bringing him back this season and are heading towards the Luck Sweepstakes with Miami.

I have no desire to want an NFL without Manning.

I hope he's able to play again.

I don't dislike Peyton or the Colts for that matter, it's hard to watch a Pats vs. Colts game and not appreciate the history everytime Brady faced off against Manning - I just don't like their fans very much and their dumb arguments about who's better and why.

Now, the Jets? That's a different story. :D

Agreed, I don't like the Colts because Manning is so good! It's not a general hate it is a respect for him!

I do hope he comes back to lose again TFB & Co :)

You're cherry picking seasons (because with Faver you had to) and he wasn't even particularly good in some of the seasons in which his team (s) achieved relative success...and when he was even that wasn't consistent as he fell apart or increasingly made his trademark bonehead decisions down the stretch...

Favre's name and Brady's or Mannings should really never be uttered in the same breath. Most of his statistical records including the ugly ones are the result of aselfish gunslinger's determination to do what was best for Brett Favre's half wacked psyche and bottom line... Manning, and perhaps even moreso Brady, just want to win whether the glory is theirs or shared with teamates.

Mo, I was respoding to a poster who said some QBs don't have success after the age of 35, and was agreeing with a poster that was inferring that Favre was successful after the age of 35 . . . as Farve played 5 seasons after age 35, age 36-40, we only have 5 years to work with . . . so i am not cherry picking just looking at that 5 year body of work . . . and in those 5 years he took two teams to the CG . . . not many QBs lead their team to two CGs within a 5 year span, i think in the previous 5 years it may only be Big Ben, Sanchez, Brees, Farve, Manning, and Brady . . . and to be able to do that over the age of 35 is some indication that QBs can still be effective after 35, which was my point . . .

Seeing Indy as a tomato can on the schedule for the next few years isn't an issue for me. I'll shed the same number of tears that opponents did for the Pats in 2008.

FWIW, though, Pats-Colts has been an annual event because both teams almost always win their divisions. This year, it doesn't matter, as the AFC East plays the AFC South next year anyways, but if the Pats and Colts don't finish in the same place in the division next year, there won't be Pats-Colts in 2013.

Still don't understand why the team has not IRed Peyton yet

Is this maybe a gimmick to keep fans hoping the team can stay in contention this year with the promise that he MAY return by mid november?

Quite simply, because (A) they think there's still a chance that he could play this year, however slim, and (B) they don't need the roster spot for someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST