PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Mangold has a high ankle sprain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mangold hasn't missed a game since he was drafted, 82 straight.

He could miss up to 6 weeks, though I find that unlikely for a guy like him, still he is signed long term so I hope the Jets give him all the time he needs to heal up for the final stretch into the playoffs and beyond.

It will be an interesting story line for the next 2 to 4 games.

What happened to Rob Turner? He played pretty well last season.

They should pick up his sister, she's about the same size and equally as creepy looking.

It is pretty hard to shed tears over the injuries of the jets when we have many of our own to be concerned with. They will simply have to do what we do. Next man up.

Dude, whenever you are conflicted on whether to revel in another player's injury, just look at this: Steeler-fan site starts "Bernard Pollard Fan Club" - Projo Pats Blog . Works like a charm, every time. Screw class, man, seriously.

Agreed.

When I am unable to form an opinion on how to conduct myself, I find its always helpful to look toward the lowest element of a rival teams fanbase for guidance.

If anyone takes a shot at me, I can just link to a web page detailing lowbrow behavior of aforementioned 'lowest element' - absolving myself completely of blame.

Last edited:
Mangold hasn't missed a game since he was drafted, 82 straight.

He could miss up to 6 weeks, though I find that unlikely for a guy like him, still he is signed long term so I hope the Jets give him all the time he needs to heal up for the final stretch into the playoffs and beyond.

It will be an interesting story line for the next 2 to 4 games.

I hope he doesn't have to miss any time, and that he's able to play at a high level even this week, because I know what it's like to miss games due to injury and it stinks on ice.

Having said that, if he does have to miss time, I won't shed any tears if missing the Patriots game(s) becomes part of his recovery time.

By Jason La Canfora |

Tests on Monday showed that Jets center Nick Mangold suffered a high ankle sprain during Sunday’s 32-3 victory over the Jaguars, but he didn’t sustain any additional damage, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

Mangold has a tremendous pain threshold and is known to be a quick healer, but a high ankle sprain would put almost anyone out for at least a week. The extent of how long Mangold will be out remains to be determined, but it could be in the 2-to-4-week range.

The All-Pro center was injured when Jaguars LB Daryl Smith fell on Mangold’s leg. He exited the game and didn’t return.

Mangold has started every game for the Jets since entering the league as a first-round draft pick in 2006. If he is forced to miss time, Colin Baxter will fill in at center. Jets coach Rex Ryan praised Baxter’s effort in relief against the Jags.

Robert Turner was in line to serve as Mangold’s backup this season, but he suffered a broken leg during the preseason.

What happened to Rob Turner? He played pretty well last season.

===============================

Broke a leg in pre season game 1, should be back in a few more weeks.

Frankly I am just as if not more concerned about Hunter at RT then I am about Mangold missing some time.

The Jets o line play to my untrained eye has been less then stellar this year.

I miss the top running game of the last few years, and Sanchez is taking a beating.

Like already mentioned, it is what it is and next man up, the need to adapt and overcome could make the unit stronger as the season wears on, I hope.

I am not hearing of any decent FA's available out there, so,,,,

As someone who bet on Buffalo yesterday, I probably have more faith in them than most, but I dunno if they've arrived yet. Beating the Chiefs and Raiders isn't exactly a crowning achievement. We're going to be the first above-average team that they've played.

They should pick up his sister, she's about the same size and equally as creepy looking.

She'd fit right in with Rexy's bufoonery
Heck he may even throw in free foot massages in her contract to entice her to play. Though, me thinks he's already got a full plate for next few weeks giving out foot massages to Nicky M. for that high ankle sprain :singing:

But then Gunnails, apparently the only Jet fan on the planet who wasn't dancing in the streets when Brady got hurt, will look down on me and I will feel ashamed.

:rolleyes:

==============================================

Maybe it's just me.

But how do get respect and satisfaction out of a win, when you beat some one at half strength, I guess I could, any win is a good win rite.

You can only play who they put on the field, injuries happen.

It was more that I was thinking of all the Pat fans crying foul when a Pat like Brady, Welker whomever, goes down and opposing fans celebrate.

And there you were. It was too easy.:)

He sucks. That team could be fielding an O-line with 3 lousy players (LG, C, RT), and will be facing

@Raiders
@Ravens
@Patriots
Dolphins
@Chargers
@Bills
Patriots

as their next 7 opponents. If Mangold is out for any period of time, the Jets could be in trouble.

I think the SD game is a home game, not @SD.

I think the SD game is a home game, not @SD.

You are correct. I put @ in for all of them for cut and paste purposes, and then forgot to remove that one. My bad, and I'll fix it.

Last edited:
Frankly I am just as if not more concerned about Hunter at RT then I am about Mangold missing some time.

So is Ducasse just hopeless? That 2010 draft class has been a killer for the Jets.

I am not hearing of any decent FA's available out there, so,,,,

Going to do my little Brian Waters happy dance right now! :) He's been a godsend with all of the Pats' OL injuries.

The Jets are incredibly thin. Injuries will destroy them. The past two years they have been incredibly lucky on that score.

It is a calculated risk they take by putting all their money into the starters salaries. It can take you to the AFC championship game or you can end up like the Colts.

==============================================

Maybe it's just me.

But how do get respect and satisfaction out of a win, when you beat some one at half strength, I guess I could, any win is a good win rite.

You can only play who they put on the field, injuries happen.

It was more that I was thinking of all the Pat fans crying foul when a Pat like Brady, Welker whomever, goes down and opposing fans celebrate.

And there you were. It was too easy.:)

Celebrating? Who here is "celebrating"? Mangold is a good player and it's a shame if he misses any time. That being said, your Green Beans have been pretty lucky dodging the injury bullet the last two years. If things catch up with you this season the overall lack of depth and risky team philosophy will be exposed as losses mount. Watch out for SOJ. :bricks:

So is Ducasse just hopeless? That 2010 draft class has been a killer for the Jets.

============================================

Well it this is only year two for Vlad and as such it is probably too early to consider him hopeless, and I don't.

I do believe the Jets were expecting him to contribute when they drafted him as early as the beginning of last year.

It appears he may be able to step in at rt tackle or as a guard and produce well in the run game, but would be a liability in pass protection. Still appears raw, but I think he is a worth while project even if he does not live up rite away to his draft position.

Kyle Wilson has played well by all accounts this year as the #3 CB. The Terminator is the Jets starting and only full back, although he has not seen as much playing time as T Richardson did the last few years, then again the Jets have not run as much as they did last year up to this point. McKnight has seen some garbage time play and was crucial in the blocked punt in game 1.

So the 2010 draft has not been quite as killer in my mind as you mite picture it.

Of course I am a complete homer.:)

Best of luck to Mangold.

But darned if I don't keep reading his name as Nick Mongoloid. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back