OT: LT to visit the Jesters on Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSn

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Last edited:
Let me get this straight.....

The Jets release still performing, multiple 1000 yard rusher, 31 year old Thomas Jones because they didn't want to pay him $3M or whatever it was.....and now want to sign production has fallen off a cliff, always injured, will want a lot of dough for a back up, 30 year old LaClassy Tomlinson?

GENIUS.

Just heard them taking about that on Sirius. I really hope he signs with the JEST. Will love playing against him twice a year. Maybe some of his classy will rub off on us!

he's a perfect fit to split duties with greene.......and lets them get something for leon washington.

I would not want to see this

Let me get this straight.....

The Jets release still performing, multiple 1000 yard rusher, 31 year old Thomas Jones because they didn't want to pay him $3M or whatever it was.....and now want to sign production has fallen off a cliff, always injured, will want a lot of dough for a back up, 30 year old LaClassy Tomlinson?

GENIUS.

always injured?

LaClassian would not do well with a cold-weather team.

Everything else aside, he's equally interested in money and playing time. I don't see how he gets the PT he wants with their current set-up. He would not be the #1 option.

always injured?

He's had turf toe for 3 years.

And you think he's a better option than Thomas Jones?
neolol.gif

Everything else aside, he's equally interested in money and playing time. I don't see how he gets the PT he wants with their current set-up. He would not be the #1 option.

well...considering they only have greene under contract and how much ryan likes to run, there will be plenty of work for tomlinson.....

they can get 200-250 touches out of him including 50-60 passes caught

it would be a pretty shrewd move to replace washington with tmolinson and pick up a 2nd rounder in the process

I hope they sign him, LT is done! And I don't see him as someone that likes playing in the cold, and we know come January he will just sit and pout on the bench.

One of the smartest moves the Chargers made was getting rid of LT. It should have been Rivers team for the past two years, but as long as LT was there, Rivers leadership would be handcuffed.

The Jets might be desperate to get anyone at this point. I think it could be a huge mistake that they let Jones go. 1,400 yard backs don't grow on trees and Shonn Greene hasn't shown he can carry the rock full time for a season and the Jets were 2-8 when Sanchez threw the ball more than 20 times. I don't think they were expecting Washington to get much action due to his injury and now they might have to settle for LT. Granted the way the media is ballwashing the Jets these days, look for talk of another 1800 yard season for Tomlinson if he signs with the Jets.

I am starting to think that rexy is just trolling jets message boards and going after players the fans want and doing the same when getting rid of them

Little Tomlinson seems to have chronic problem with accepting reality--his utter denial that the Pats were ever a better team than the Bolts and could beat them without cheating or being "classless", or that BB is a good coach, or that he himself is no longer anything but a once-great, now broken down RB who is all ego and no heart. No more "greatest RB of his era", no more constant ballwashing by John Madden or anyone else (Madden was out of control), no more Campbell's Chunky Soup endorsements....no more limelight. He and NY need each other.

(Although I was saying some of the same things about Favre the past two offseasons, so I hope LdT doesn't prove me wrong as well. :confused:)

Just heard them taking about that on Sirius. I really hope he signs with the JEST.
Oh, me too. I'd so rather have the Pats face him than Jones.

I think its funny how much some of you love to hate certain teams or players

Little Tomlinson seems to have chronic problem with accepting reality--his utter denial that the Pats were ever a better team than the Bolts and could beat them without cheating or being "classless", or that BB is a good coach, or that he himself is no longer anything but a once-great, now broken down RB who is all ego and no heart. No more "greatest RB of his era", no more constant ballwashing by John Madden or anyone else (Madden was out of control), no more Campbell's Chunky Soup endorsements....no more limelight. He and NY need each other.

(Although I was saying some of the same things about Favre the past two offseasons, so I hope LdT doesn't prove me wrong as well. :confused:)

Great post, but i think WE need LT. :D

LT left Minny without a contract, LT says he is now a 3rd down back (Via radio).

Sign the beast for short money.

LT left Minny without a contract, LT says he is now a 3rd down back (Via radio).

Sign the beast for short money.

You can have him. What does it say about Leon though that they're looking for another 3rd down back? Maybe he's not coming along as nicely or maybe they just want some security. Seems like you guys are always involved with big-name players (Braylon, Cro, Lito, LT, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes