PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: LT getting jiggy with his inner Jet and pulls a Namath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now YOU are using terrible logic.

You aren't accounting for offensive lines at all.

You are saying that the guy who had his best year is over the hill and the guy who had his worse as part of a steady decline isn't.
Blaming it on the OL is an excuse.

Thanks for contributing to the discussion.

hard to "contribute" anything to a fan whose team has it's own "Ten Worst Draft Blunders In NFL History" video ranked #1 on youtube.

They became a passing team because their RB is finished.
They became a passing team because of Norv Turner and Philip Rivers. Tomlinson was declining obviously.

If you think Darren Sproles is a top quality RB then whats the point of talking football? He is 5'6 and 181. That great breakaway runner you see has a career long run of 37 yards. Why did he average 3.7 last year and 5.4 the year before when Tomlinson could only muster 3.3 and 3.8 and how is that the OLs fault?
Offensive line. Of course its the OLine's fault. Do you know nothing about football? The running game depends on the LINE more than anything.

They havent just declined they have become horrendous. 3.3 is probably the worst rushing average of any startng NFL RB. And he has now gone 16 straight games without exceeding 4 ypc IN ANY GAME.
Because of the ****ty line and him getting older. See where I'm going? We're never going to agree.

You lost your best run blocker.
I wasn't aware that the Jets lost Nick Mangold.

They ran right so much because Faneca pulled and lead it, didn't you even read the report you posted here? They give Faneca most of the credit for the success running right.
Faneca was a bull in the running game. He wasn't the best, or even second best run blocker though. Moore was easily better.
In fact, they explained that Faneca missed SIX blocks in the passing game, and thats the reason being floated out there.
Faneca allowed more sacks than any guard in the league last year. He was such a liability in the passing game. Anyway, you are changing the subject.

I think what no one has noticed is that the Jets are roster has declined because they didn't want to shell out money to pay their players.
Thomas Jones coming off his best season is cut because of money and replaced by a clearly consistently declining player and you are buying the company line that Jones who's play has not dropped at all is finished yet Tomlinson whos play has markedly declined still has something in the tank. Faneca is cut because of money and you are buying the company line that those 6 missed blocks are such a travesty that the guy who EVERYONE that watches gives the most credit to for your running game is addition by subtraction when replaced by a rookie LT who played against weak competition in college.
Faneca was cut partially due to money, but we still have to pay him a nice sum of guaranteed $. So it was mainly a football reason. The line needs to get younger, and it started by cutting AF and drafting Ducasse. Jones was cut because he doesn't need 5.8 million to be a freakin' backup. Not to mention, he was complaining about losing his job. Joe Flacco played against weak competition in college. Sometimes it doesn't matter. The Jets' scout team had Ducasse at a first round grade.

No I don't accept your OL is good. Ferguson is medicore without Faneca next to him. LG is a mess. Mangold is excellent. Moore is OK, not great, not bad. Woody is out of position, aging, and one chesseburger from out of shape. When you take away the best player from an OL, the results can be extensive. You not only did that but you downgraded RB too.
ProFootballFocus.com - By Position

According to PFF, Ferguson is the 5th ranked left tackle. Nick Mangold is by far the #1 ranked center. Brandon Moore was the 9th ranked guard, left or right. Damien Woody was the 2nd best right tackle and 4th best tackle overall. Wanna know what Faneca was ranked? 67th among guards.

^^These rankings were from the 2009 season.

So I strongly disagree that they lost one of their best linemen. And the claim that the Jets OL isn't good is absurd. Really absurd. At least Kontradiction and Deus give some credit. You give none. That's why I can't take you seriously at times.

Look at the acquisitions. The Jets went out and got name players that are cheap and overrated.
This off-season hasn't been one of acquiring top talent to get them over the top for the Jets, its been one of cutting costs and making name splashes to cover it up.
The Jet payroll as of today is lower than it would have been with their February roster.
You better call some friends to buy up those PSLs because its clearly affecting the product on the field.
I can argue that they upgraded by getting players such as Holmes and Cromartie for measly draft picks. Why not cut costs to eliminate dead weight such as Faneca and Jones? Why waste money on players who won't be that important in the upcoming season?

I'm done responding to your posts, at least in this thread.

You HAVE to be an intergalactic moron.Who cares whether you respond or not...you're a Rat troll bent on arguing every single facet of the Jets is the best in football, all their moves are the greatest in history and the Patriots are nothing....all this on a (here it comes,Booby) PATRIOTS BOARD. You belong on a couch with a Freudian analyst.

Tomlinson's true talent was his ability to make laser sharp cuts and juke one player and take it to the house. He had moments where he had power, but its not like Earl Campbell is back there with just unrelenting power. And with injuries and age I truly believe that LT will never achieve that type of speed he had again. If you honestly think that LT will turn his career around a new o-line you're delusional. If you want and old RB to help you're better off getting Williams from Miami.

Offensive line. Of course its the OLine's fault. Do you know nothing about football? The running game depends on the LINE more than anything.
Of course it does, that doesn't mean Tomlinson doesn't suck at this point.

Pretty much every other RB on the team has outperformed him for a couple of years now. There's a reason they extended Sproles, and not him.

ProFootballFocus.com - By Position

According to PFF, Ferguson is the 5th ranked left tackle. Nick Mangold is by far the #1 ranked center. Brandon Moore was the 9th ranked guard, left or right. Damien Woody was the 2nd best right tackle and 4th best tackle overall. Wanna know what Faneca was ranked? 67th among guards.
Pro football focus is a gigantic ******* joke. Seriously. I agree Faneca is overrated, but the site is absolute DRIVEL, and doesn't at any point even come close to actual relevance.

If thats the best you can do, you shold be done. Damien Woody the 2nd best RT in the NFL bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Even you know thats stupid

Dude..... PFF sucks for rankings. When you're using PFF for your argument, you've already lost.

If you want more realistic rankings of offensive line play, try Football Outsiders. Here's a link to last year's data:

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | 2009 OFFENSIVE LINES

Re: LT getting jiggy with his inner Jet and pulls a Namath

Well, Madden 2011 is coming out in about a month. He must already be chomping at the bit to win the Super Bowl on that. Either that or he expects to get cut in the preseason and go to the Saints, Vikes, Colts, or Ravens.

I don't see the Saints giving LT a shot. Payton is not interested in selling jerseys, he wants to win football games.

I think that a person's mouth actually physically becomes bigger when he becomes a New York Jet.

Tomlinson's true talent was his ability to make laser sharp cuts and juke one player and take it to the house. He had moments where he had power, but its not like Earl Campbell is back there with just unrelenting power. And with injuries and age I truly believe that LT will never achieve that type of speed he had again. If you honestly think that LT will turn his career around a new o-line you're delusional. If you want and old RB to help you're better off getting Williams from Miami.

Big LT fan back in the day. In his early years he had it all. Saw him smoke the Pats bigtime live in SD in 2002. But that was then and this is now. It's Lady T these days.

Re: LT getting jiggy with his inner Jet and pulls a Namath

I don't see the Saints giving LT a shot. Payton is not interested in selling jerseys, he wants to win football games.

He got rid of Deuce who was one of their biggest names and the team's all time leading rusher, why would he take on a similar guy past his prime having similar problems with an ego attached that Deuce didn't have(AFAIK)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News