PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: LT getting jiggy with his inner Jet and pulls a Namath

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much of a homer as I am, I agree with you that there isn't much else LaClassian could or should have said. Now, will his prediction come true? Hell no! :rocker:

We shall see. I just think it's absurd that he's getting criticized for this. If you haven't watched the two minute interview, I suggest you do.
Well, he could have said it in a smarter manner. I think you can agree with that.
Eh, I think we'll just agree to disagree.
It's how he said it, not that he said it. There is a lot of history between LdT and the Pats, as I am sure there soon be history between him and the Jets (I suspect the Jets' Board will be railing against him by sometime in October).

Brady was once asked on 60 Minutes, "Which is your favorite Super Bowl Ring?" His answer, "The next one." Now, that, I would call "classy."
Now I think Brady's answer is ******ed, and not "classy." And it's not just because it was Brady. Just pick one of the three championships you enjoyed the most; it ain't that hard. I hate this overly politically correct society.
Yeah, I kind of have him pegged as a friendly troll. He baits us and enjoys it when we take the bait. He never says anything nasty or really stupid (other than supporting Ganggreen to begin with). Most Jests trolls, I just ignore, but Gut's kind of likable.

There are a couple of other Jets fans out here (like Gunnails) who really know a lot about the game and so I enjoy talking NFL stuff with them and, of course, a little trash.

I think Gut's a good addition to the board, all in all.

Thank you good sir. :p

Last edited:
Eh, I think we'll just agree to disagree.

How the hell can you disagree with that? I was tossing you an olive branch, for crying out loud.

I'll win a Super Bowl," Tomlinson replied.

With the Jets?

"Absolutely," Tomlinson added.

You're seriously trying to claim that he couldn't have phrased that in a smarter manner?

How the hell can you disagree with that? I was tossing you an olive branch, for crying out loud.

You're seriously trying to claim that he couldn't have phrased that in a smarter manner?

Deus, "Absolutely" is a ten letter word! LdT probably had to practice days before he used it.

Rex Ryan's Gout has gotten a case of Blind Homeritis it appears...40 straight years of being a laughingstock, a worn out doormat and THE league wide joke franchise has driven the little homer over the edge.

Last edited:
I'd assume the Jets ownership is more than happy to encourage players and coaches to make such bold predictions - as they need to sell PSLs.

They'll accept the harsh consequences of a season that - for any team - can turn bad very quickly due to injury or other unexpected turns of events - if they sell the PSLs today.

That's been what's been driving this organization for awhile and is the reason why they hired a brash, bombastic coach and some players who consider quotes in the paper as important as yards on the field... the need to sell PSLs based on potential... less so than the need to STF up and let their play on the field speak for them.

The fact that Jets fans are hapilly demonstrating that they're mindlessly loving every minute of this type of rhetroric illustrates that the Jets organization has correctly assessed the intelligence level of their fanbase.

Last edited:
nail meet hammer...great take

A key injury to Greene and LT will get worn down fast....Absolutely :eek:

What was he supposed to say to the question; "do you think you'll win a SB with New York?"

No?

:rolleyes:

Nothing to see here.

Nope - nothing to see but the same dumba$$ player who boldly FAILED in his whiny boast that the Chargers could beat the Patriots 9 out of 10 times set him and the Jests up for another FAIL!

I've yet to encounter a Jets fan smart enough to make that connection but around mid season reality might begin to creep in.

Dumba$$ blabbing players and coaches. New York is welcome to them.

Last edited:
There is so much wrong with those comments.
First, there is an unwritten rule that it is wrong to predict your own success.
Second, if you are going to do so, you should at least be a STARTER on the team. Gee, all of those guys who actually contribute really make me think I can get a ring by sitting on the bench.
Third, before those comments, he whined about people doubting him. Exactly when has there been a consensus of doubting him? He is one of the most ball-washed players in the NFL
Fourth, when you are a veteran on the downside of your career who will backup a young player who only had 100 carries in his rookie year, the correct thing to do is to throw praise at the youngster and deflect the attention from yourself.
However, Tomlinson has a long running history of loving him some him and using the press to try to convince people he and his team are more than they are. I don't know that there is a player in the NFL who has more face time talking about his feelings than The Classy One, which makes the nisnomer eve funnier.

BTW, regarding the Brady comment, here is the difference.
The 3 time Champion when asked essentially says I'm not satisfied and want to go earn another one.
The no time Champ, and constant big game disappearing act, essentially says "Sure I'm entitled to one"

There is so much wrong with those comments.
First, there is an unwritten rule that it is wrong to predict your own success.
Second, if you are going to do so, you should at least be a STARTER on the team. Gee, all of those guys who actually contribute really make me think I can get a ring by sitting on the bench.
Third, before those comments, he whined about people doubting him. Exactly when has there been a consensus of doubting him? He is one of the most ball-washed players in the NFL
Fourth, when you are a veteran on the downside of your career who will backup a young player who only had 100 carries in his rookie year, the correct thing to do is to throw praise at the youngster and deflect the attention from yourself.
However, Tomlinson has a long running history of loving him some him and using the press to try to convince people he and his team are more than they are. I don't know that there is a player in the NFL who has more face time talking about his feelings than The Classy One, which makes the nisnomer eve funnier.

BTW, regarding the Brady comment, here is the difference.
The 3 time Champion when asked essentially says I'm not satisfied and want to go earn another one.
The no time Champ, and constant big game disappearing act, essentially says "Sure I'm entitled to one"

:yeahthat:

Releasing Thomas Jones and acquiring LdT has to be one of the most puzzling off-season moves in recent memory.

And keep that bulletin board material coming, little guy.

Releasing Thomas Jones and acquiring LdT has to be one of the most puzzling off-season moves in recent memory.

And keep that bulletin board material coming, little guy.

It really wasn't that puzzling. Jones was complaining about not getting a new contract. He was due $5.8 million this season. He is 32 years old and has been seriously worn down over the past two seasons. I don't know if there are three backs who have gotten more carries than him over that span. Anyway, him being worn down is proven by his abysmal 2.6 ypc in the playoffs. The man is simply done.

As for LaDainian, that is probably the case as well, but it remains to be seen. He is more valuable to this team than Jones could be because at least he represents a checkdown option for Sanchez and he is a viable #2. Let us not forget that he is coming from possibly THE worst run blocking line in the league to arguably one of the best. Darren Sproles couldn't even muster 4 ypc behind that line.

It remains to be seen with Tomlinson. I can PROMISE you Jones is absolutely finished though, and you can quote me on that. He will fade into oblivion on that terrible KC offense.

It really wasn't that puzzling. Jones was complaining about not getting a new contract. He was due $5.8 million this season. He is 32 years old and has been seriously worn down over the past two seasons. I don't know if there are three backs who have gotten more carries than him over that span. Anyway, him being worn down is proven by his abysmal 2.6 ypc in the playoffs. The man is simply done.

As for LaDainian, that is probably the case as well, but it remains to be seen. He is more valuable to this team than Jones could be because at least he represents a checkdown option for Sanchez and he is a viable #2. Let us not forget that he is coming from possibly THE worst run blocking line in the league to arguably one of the best. Darren Sproles couldn't even muster 4 ypc behind that line.

It remains to be seen with Tomlinson. I can PROMISE you Jones is absolutely finished though, and you can quote me on that. He will fade into oblivion on that terrible KC offense.

Interestingly you have concluded that the guy who's play has not declined (except for your narrow sample) is done but the guy who's play has declined tremendously is not.
Yeah, Darren Sproles, wow what an incredible RB, any OL that can't produce great stats for a guy who shouldn't get more than 8 touches a game deserves a ton of criticism. You can't really use the argument that the declining numbers on the aging RB need to be blamed on the OL for the sole reason that the aging RBs #s declined.

Oh and Tomlinson isnt running behind last years Jet OL, he is running behind THIS years, and that is not the same thing.

Interestingly you have concluded that the guy who's play has not declined (except for your narrow sample) is done but the guy who's play has declined tremendously is not.
It isn't that easy. San Diego has completely changed their offense, and further, their offensive line. They went from being a run-first team to a never-run team. Their run blocking is awful. All that line does is protect Rivers.
Yeah, Darren Sproles, wow what an incredible RB, any OL that can't produce great stats for a guy who shouldn't get more than 8 touches a game deserves a ton of criticism. You can't really use the argument that the declining numbers on the aging RB need to be blamed on the OL for the sole reason that the aging RBs #s declined.
I don't know about you, but when I watch Sproles, I see a guy with game-breaking ability and one of the best open-field players in the league. Funny you should mention the 8 touches a game. Backup RBs with limited touches SHOULD be averaging a much higher ypc than the starter. Greene and Washington both had higher ypc rates than Jones in '09. Kevin Faulk had a much better ypc than Maroney. Ricky Williams had a higher ypc than Ronnie Brown. And that's just within the division. Change of pace #2 backs are simply fresher on their feet. And Sproles sucked. What does that say about San Diego? Sproles sucks? I think you should watch some of his earlier highlights if you believe that ot be the case.

Of course though, Tomlinson has gotten older, and his #s have declined; (1) due to his age and (2) because of the offensive line shift. We'll see how he does behind the Jets o-line.

Oh and Tomlinson isnt running behind last years Jet OL, he is running behind THIS years, and that is not the same thing.

Yes. I think the line will still be very good, run blocking wise. They loved running right behind Mangold, Moore, and Woody last year. I still think that'll be the case. However, I do think Faneca's departure will hurt the running game a little. Still should be a very good line, agree?

By the way Jones had statistically the best year of his career last season.
Tomlinson had the worst of his, by far.

Your prescient claim that Jones is finished because of his playoff numbers is foolhardy as well.
Those stats pretty much match the last 3 games of almost every one of his NFL seasons, and are eerily identical to the last 3 of each NYseason, so he is no more done for that reason than he was before last year when he had his best ever season.

Here is something even more interesting.
If Jones is done because his last 3 games were 45 rushes for 117 yards and a 2.6 average why isnt Tomlinson done when his last 3 games were 30 rushes for 84 yards and a 2.8 average?

Want more? OK.

Tomlison had ONE GAME all season last year that he averaged over 4 yards a rush. And that was WEEK 1 against the Raiders where he was a whopping 13-55.
In 2008 he had 5 in 2007 he had 7 in 2006 he had 11. Who is done?

Jones? Oh he had 7 games with over 4 per rush last year, 7 in 08 and 5 in 07

Basically every single thing you said about these 2 players is completely wrong.

By the way Jones had statistically the best year of his career last season.
Tomlinson had the worst of his, by far.

Your prescient claim that Jones is finished because of his playoff numbers is foolhardy as well.
Those stats pretty much match the last 3 games of almost every one of his NFL seasons, and are eerily identical to the last 3 of each NYseason, so he is no more done for that reason than he was before last year when he had his best ever season.

Here is something even more interesting.
If Jones is done because his last 3 games were 45 rushes for 117 yards and a 2.6 average why isnt Tomlinson done when his last 3 games were 30 rushes for 84 yards and a 2.8 average?

Want more? OK.

Tomlison had ONE GAME all season last year that he averaged over 4 yards a rush. And that was WEEK 1 against the Raiders where he was a whopping 13-55.
In 2008 he had 5 in 2007 he had 7 in 2006 he had 11. Who is done?

Jones? Oh he had 7 games with over 4 per rush last year, 7 in 08 and 5 in 07

Basically every single thing you said about these 2 players is completely wrong.
Now YOU are using terrible logic.

You aren't accounting for offensive lines at all.

heh....the ol' "I'll find something...anything..and then mask my horrible disappointment over my lifetime behind this "NEW PROOF!!!" that the 40 year nightmare is finally over...the offensive line!!...THAT will show these Pats fans...yessir!!!"...

Yo, chief...THIS is your legacy...quit trying to re-invent your past and embrace it...

jets-fans-2.jpg

heh....the ol' "I'll find something...anything..and then mask my horrible disappointment over my lifetime behind this "NEW PROOF!!!" that the 40 year nightmare is finally over...the offensive line!!...THAT will show these Pats fans...yessir!!!"...

Yo, chief...THIS is your legacy...quit trying to re-invent your past and embrace it...

jets-fans-2.jpg

Thanks for contributing to the discussion.

It isn't that easy. San Diego has completely changed their offense, and further, their offensive line. They went from being a run-first team to a never-run team. Their run blocking is awful. All that line does is protect Rivers.

They became a passing team because their RB is finished.

I don't know about you, but when I watch Sproles, I see a guy with game-breaking ability and one of the best open-field players in the league. Funny you should mention the 8 touches a game. Backup RBs with limited touches SHOULD be averaging a much higher ypc than the starter. Greene and Washington both had higher ypc rates than Jones in '09. Kevin Faulk had a much better ypc than Maroney. Ricky Williams had a higher ypc than Ronnie Brown. And that's just within the division. Change of pace #2 backs are simply fresher on their feet. And Sproles sucked. What does that say about San Diego? Sproles sucks? I think you should watch some of his earlier highlights if you believe that ot be the case.
If you think Darren Sproles is a top quality RB then whats the point of talking football? He is 5'6 and 181. That great breakaway runner you see has a career long run of 37 yards. Why did he average 3.7 last year and 5.4 the year before when Tomlinson could only muster 3.3 and 3.8 and how is that the OLs fault?

Of course though, Tomlinson has gotten older, and his #s have declined; (1) due to his age and (2) because of the offensive line shift. We'll see how he does behind the Jets o-line.

They havent just declined they have become horrendous. 3.3 is probably the worst rushing average of any startng NFL RB. And he has now gone 16 straight games without exceeding 4 ypc IN ANY GAME.

Yes. I think the line will still be very good, run blocking wise. They loved running right behind Mangold, Moore, and Woody last year. I still think that'll be the case. However, I do think Faneca's departure will hurt the running game a little. Still should be a very good line, agree?
You lost your best run blocker. They ran right so much because Faneca pulled and lead it, didn't you even read the report you posted here? They give Faneca most of the credit for the success running right.
In fact, they explained that Faneca missed SIX blocks in the passing game, and thats the reason being floated out there.

I think what no one has noticed is that the Jets are roster has declined because they didn't want to shell out money to pay their players.
Thomas Jones coming off his best season is cut because of money and replaced by a clearly consistently declining player and you are buying the company line that Jones who's play has not dropped at all is finished yet Tomlinson whos play has markedly declined still has something in the tank. Faneca is cut because of money and you are buying the company line that those 6 missed blocks are such a travesty that the guy who EVERYONE that watches gives the most credit to for your running game is addition by subtraction when replaced by a rookie LT who played against weak competition in college.
No I don't accept your OL is good. Ferguson is medicore without Faneca next to him. LG is a mess. Mangold is excellent. Moore is OK, not great, not bad. Woody is out of position, aging, and one chesseburger from out of shape. When you take away the best player from an OL, the results can be extensive. You not only did that but you downgraded RB too.

Look at the acquisitions. The Jets went out and got name players that are cheap and overrated.
This off-season hasn't been one of acquiring top talent to get them over the top for the Jets, its been one of cutting costs and making name splashes to cover it up.
The Jet payroll as of today is lower than it would have been with their February roster.
You better call some friends to buy up those PSLs because its clearly affecting the product on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft