PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: LT getting jiggy with his inner Jet and pulls a Namath

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was he supposed to say to the question; "do you think you'll win a SB with New York?"

No?

:rolleyes:

Nothing to see here.

Except you are all obsessed with the Jets. Completely and absolutely obsessed.

heh... the Jests material just writes itself. Obsessed? Nah... Just enjoying our favorite NFL soap opera. :D

What was he supposed to say to the question; "do you think you'll win a SB with New York?"

No?

Nothing to see here.

You call the posters here obsessed yet here you are on a Patriots board complaining about the Patriots talking about their rival.

If anyone here is obsessed it is you.

Last edited:
If you have half a brain...you don't answer the question. He couldn't come close to winning one the last 6 years playing for a better team.

If you have half a brain you phrase it differently.

You don't say "will win it" you say "want to win it" and if pushed you say "I believe we have a strong enough team to do it".

You NEVER, EVER, EVER say "will win it". "Want to win it" is perfect because every single player on every single team wants that too and it neither a loaded answer nor is it something that will haunt you.

This is great news for the other 31 teams. Tomlinson kept telling us how great the Chargers were and how they were always the better team and they were going to win SBs.
He is perfect....always wrong, and now put the kiss of death on the Jets.
Remember the chicken that used to pick games by choosing one pile of feed or the other? His random picks are obviously far more educated that The Classy One. (By the way how much whining, complaining and disrespecting of opponents does have to do before people stop calling him classy?)
His comments in that interview were about how sick he is of people doubting him. Huh? Before he was over the hill he led the league in ballwashers. The fact that his team always LOST the big game isn't a case of people doubting him, its a case of him failing.(or often choosing not to try)

If Patriots win the September Super Bowl I want them to dance on Jets' logo.
Expresiin on LaPussy face...priceless.

When I first saw this thread title I was afraid to open it expecting to see photos of a waxed clean LdT sporting panty hose...:eek:

I then considered starting another thread that in hindsight I'm glad I didn't given PJ's counting, to note that the JETS FO appears to be experiencing a disconnect with it's HOF star/change of pace RB. Classy seems to believe he is the teams lead back. The FO meanwhile has countered his comments with a piece placed on the team website clearly stating that Green is their lead back and intimating Classy is just the limited action, change of pace, HOF window dressing most rational observers assume.

Still obsessed.

Actually I'd use the word entertained. :D We're just not as accustomed to these lo-o-o-ong offseasons as you guys are and personally speaking, I'm sorta grateful for the Jetsland summer carnival! :popcorn:

It wasn't mentioned here, but LdT has so much faith in the Jets that he got a tattoo of their logo on one of his calves..

It would be apropos if he was cut during training camp.. *LOL*:rocker:

No?

Nothing to see here.

The class and right answer to that question was: "Well, Sal, I'm not one of those people who goes around making predictions like that. Let's just leave it that I'm happy to be a member of the Jets organization and look forward to contributing to the team's success."

The class and right answer to that question was: "Well, Sal, I'm not one of those people who goes around making predictions like that. Let's just leave it that I'm happy to be a member of the Jets organization and look forward to contributing to the team's success."

How unclassy of him predicting a Super Bowl. What an ass.

As much of a homer as I am, I agree with you that there isn't much else LaClassian could or should have said. Now, will his prediction come true? Hell no! :rocker:

Truly--what IS it with this guy? I just scratch my head whenever I hear his comments anymore. Depending on how you look at it, it's either freaking hilarious that LdT continues to make these asinine comments [it's so bizarre--he just can't stop it], or really sad that he has fallen this far and can not find a way to accept it.

It's how he said it, not that he said it. There is a lot of history between LdT and the Pats, as I am sure there soon be history between him and the Jets (I suspect the Jets' Board will be railing against him by sometime in October).

Brady was once asked on 60 Minutes, "Which is your favorite Super Bowl Ring?" His answer, "The next one." Now, that, I would call "classy."

You say it his way you come off as an ass.

You say it any other way that shows confidence in your team while not outright predicting a win you come off as just that- confident in your team.

He is an ass. He has been for years and comments like that are why he is trashed.

It's how he said it, not that he said it. There is a lot of history between LdT and the Pats, as I am sure there soon be history between him and the Jets (I suspect the Jets' Board will be railing against him by sometime in October).

Brady was once asked on 60 Minutes, "Which is your favorite Super Bowl Ring?" His answer, "The next one." Now, that, I would call "classy."

It doesn't matter...in Gut's mind any comments negative against him by Pats fans are piling on and obsession. He doesn't want to hear the why, he just wants to whine about the Patriots picking on the poor, helpless Jets again :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter...in Gut's mind any comments negative against him by Pats fans are piling on and obsession. He doesn't want to hear the why, he just wants to whine about the Patriots picking on the poor, helpless Jets again :rolleyes:

Yeah, I kind of have him pegged as a friendly troll. He baits us and enjoys it when we take the bait. He never says anything nasty or really stupid (other than supporting Ganggreen to begin with). Most Jests trolls, I just ignore, but Gut's kind of likable.

There are a couple of other Jets fans out here (like Gunnails) who really know a lot about the game and so I enjoy talking NFL stuff with them and, of course, a little trash.

I think Gut's a good addition to the board, all in all.

Yeah, I kind of have him pegged as a friendly troll. He baits us and enjoys it when we take the bait. He never says anything nasty or really stupid (other than supporting Ganggreen to begin with). Most Jests trolls, I just ignore, but Gut's kind of likable.

There are a couple of other Jets fans out here (like Gunnails) who really know a lot about the game and so I enjoy talking NFL stuff with them and, of course, a little trash.

I think Gut's a good addition to the board, all in all.
Friendly troll from New York... the New York Shreks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots