PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Kris Jenkins torn ACL - gone for the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Jenkins ACL - gone for the season

I have read 10-12 weeks after surgery, so should be back for the last few weeks and playoffs.

I was just passing on the Glazer report.

Tough blow for the Packers, I'm reporting RB Ryan Grant is done for the year w severe ankle and leg injuries. Will be placed on IR.

Twitter / Jay Glazer: Tough blow for the Packers ...

If you've got something different, I'd love to read it, because it would be great news. I hate seeing these guys losing their seasons.

I was just passing on the Glazer report.

Twitter / Jay Glazer: Tough blow for the Packers ...

If you've got something different, I'd love to read it, because it would be great news. I hate seeing these guys losing their seasons.

Apologies, what I read was that he will be on crutches for 10-12 weeks according to Schefter. So IR is more than likely :)

Wright has been a starter for almost a year now and Warren has been a starter for a number of years. They may not be great starters, but they are starter quality. The Jets have two starter quality d-linemen since DeVito who is now a starter is now a back up.

I like the Pats back ups better than I like the Jets right now. We are talking depth, not starters.

Neither Wright nor Warren is a starting quality 3-4 DE. I'm sorry, but that's just the reality of what NE is putting on its line.

Freddie Mitchell started 17 games in the NFL. He wasn't a starting quality WR. Sometimes teams have to make do.

Apologies, what I read was that he will be on crutches for 10-12 weeks according to Schefter. So IR is more than likely :)

No need to apologize. I was hoping you had some new info or something.

Last edited:

I think Rex just threw-up in his mouth

Great athlete and a very agile and mobile man at his position,just like Wilfork -always respectful in speaking of the Patriots from what I know.

Unfortunately he has been on the field 2 years in a row in the wrong spot at the wrong time,I feel bad for him as he reaches 32 years of age and hope he gets better and returns next season.

HUGE loss for the Jets,hate to see it happen no matter about liking or disliking the team - losing him on that line is equal to us losing Warren.

Great athlete and a very agile and mobile man at his position,just like Wilfork -always respectful in speaking of the Patriots from what I know.

Unfortunately he has been on the field 2 years in a row in the wrong spot at the wrong time,I feel bad for him as he reaches 32 years of age and hope he gets better and returns next season.

HUGE loss for the Jets,hate to see it happen no matter about liking or disliking the team - losing him on that line is equal to us losing Warren.

I think they might be hurting this week but considering how they continued to do well last year after his absence, I have no doubt that they will continue to be robust this season too.

Jeez, people are going down left and right. It stinks for the players, their teams and the NFL itself when players go down like this. Hope Jenkins, Sanders and Grant make a speedy recovery back to health.

Leonard Weaver of the Eagles is gone too.

That was one awful replay Sunday afternoon. I should have looked away when I heard the crowd groan/oooh in the background as the replay started. No one's leg should bend that way.

Last edited:

I think they might be hurting this week but considering how they continued to do well last year after his absence, I have no doubt that they will continue to be robust this season too.

Jenkins or no Jenkins,Yes the Jets will be a top 5 defense all season,about on the level of the Steelers and Ravens I would say....they are still THAT good.

If we win next week we will have to score at least 20 points,I can't see the Jets offense being any worse than they were yesterday...its going to be hard to get 20 on that D definately.

You never want to see this happen. That said, their defense is still going to be very difficult to move against. And with Revis working his way back in, I think the 2nd half of the year it's going to be very difficult to move the ball against them.

Jenkins or no Jenkins,Yes the Jets will be a top 5 defense all season,about on the level of the Steelers and Ravens I would say....they are still THAT good.

If we win next week we will have to score at least 20 points,I can't see the Jets offense being any worse than they were yesterday...its going to be hard to get 20 on that D definately.

LOL, the only bright star today, the jets offense cant be as bad as they were last night. You know how awful you have to be to guarantee you won't be any worse. That's how bad my offense was.

Jeez, people are going down left and right. It stinks for the players, their teams and the NFL itself when players go down like this. Hope Jenkins, Sanders and Grant make a speedy recovery back to health.

Also the few Eagles players who are out for the season.

I hate to say it but I'm kind of glad he's out because that only makes it easier for us. I like Jenkins as a person and a football player and it really sucks that that has to happen to him but it is what it is. The Pats have their own fair share of defensive injuries this season.

Per LaCanfora on twitter

To quote Steve Mariucci, after his 49ers squeaked by the Giants in the POs because PI wasn't called after a game-winning FG snap was botched:

Bummer.

Agreed, and they played pretty well in the game last night after he left, so I'm not sure this makes a huge difference.

My sympathies to Jenkins though. Hate to see this kind of thing, and I would much rather beat the Jets at full strength anyway.

Not sure Dan Koppen agrees with you lol

But seriously it sux for kris and the jet fans Hopefully he can come back and regain some of what made him a force.

Your post demonstrates a lot of class. Well done. I wonder if Jets fans would show as much class if the situation were reversed.

they did. in 2008. "yahoo..brady out for the season"

You could tell as he was coming off the field he was done, look on his face said it all.

Sorry to hear it. Jenkins worked hard to come back from his last injury and looked to be in good condition. I was looking forward to seeing what he could do this season.

I never want to see players injured, especially players who are a major piece of a defense or offense. When teams fall on game day, you want them to fall with no possible excuses.

To quote Steve Mariucci, after his 49ers squeaked by the Giants in the POs because PI wasn't called after a game-winning FG snap was botched:

Bummer.

I was going to say the same thing except I was going to quote Jerry Garcia from Altamont in 1969 (if anyone remembers).:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes