PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Per LaCanfora on twitter

Last edited:
Re: Jenkins ACL - gone for the season

Well that makes it a tiny bit easier!

Wow, two years in a row. Sucks for the Jets.

Knew it would happen eventually, but first quarter of game one? That's a crap break, and probably a career ender. Sucks to hear.

Jenkins' career is likely over then. He's a knee injury waiting to happen. That's a shame. I hate the Jets but I never like to see a player's career end like that. Good luck to him in whatever he does next (unless he comes back to the Jets next year).

JasonLaCanfora Jets DRs had hoped the ACL wasn't torn, but the injury is severe. Looked gruesome at the time it happened in the first quarter Monday night
3 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

It's over. Just too bad for a player's career to end that way. As much as I hate the Jets, I wish him well.

Man...he lasted at least until Oct last year. He is out at the very first quarter?? Should be very tough for him considering the stuff he did (losing weight, better conditioning etc) before starting this season.

Listing to weei dale and holley

Maybe jets try to get albert haynesworth

Wow! That sucks. Want to see the Jets go up in flames, but not through serious injuries.

When they had their chance... they didnt.

I wish him a full recovery and I never wish an injury on anyone.

When healthy Jenkins can be a special player. As much as I like Koppen, there were plays when Jenkins simply overpowered him. The Jets defense is still the strength of that team, but Jenkins is a real loss.

Jenkins' career is likely over then. He's a knee injury waiting to happen. That's a shame. I hate the Jets but I never like to see a player's career end like that. Good luck to him in whatever he does next (unless he comes back to the Jets next year).

Agreed. That is rather unfortunate knowing what these guys go through. Even if he's a Jets player, that is a shame.

Your post demonstrates a lot of class. Well done. I wonder if Jets fans would show as much class if the situation were reversed.

No, they celebrated when Brady went down.

Screw the Jets and their fans.

Generally I dont show as much sympathy as I think it is the nature of the beast that is the NFL and no one shows sympathy to our guys but you have to genuinely feel bad for Jenkins here as this is at least his fourth ACL injury and the second time in his career he has battled back from one to have it or the other knee go on him early in the season.

Amen. That's a lot of abuse for a knee joint to take -- I just hope he's able to recover long-term for a healthy and active life.

More money to their list of payroll!!!

Shame a career has to end with an injury. (I know he hasn't ended it, but near certain that it will)

Jets run a 3-4, right? They'd just inherit Mad Albert.

As a fan of sports and a human being, injuries are awful. Besides, I dont want there to be any excuses when we lay down the hammer at the Meadowlands ;)

I hope he recovers ASAP, and if its not to play football then to do something meaningful elsewhere.

No, they celebrated when Brady went down.

Screw the Jets and their fans.

Just because some Jets fans are small, petty people doesn't mean we have to sink to their level. I have never and will never celebrate another human being's suffering.*

*There are a few exceptions, but they are scum who hurt others without regards to their health

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes