PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Kiwanuka Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

PonyExpress

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Maybe this belongs in the draft or post-draft forum. Kiwanuka, according to the NYtimes, had 2 1/2 sacks in a 3 play sequence against the Ravens last night. Too early to judge, but encouraging.

it was 1.5 sacks actually but against 3rd string defense..impressive though none the less

Remix 6 said:
it was 1.5 sacks actually but against 3rd string defense..impressive though none the less

You are right, 3rd string is third string. But he could have been alot worse. I like his game and his approach, and contrary to what some believe, think he could step in, start immediately and contribute. As much as I dislike Shockey and Beaker the Muppett I may actually root for the Giant defense this season.

yeah their defense looked horrible though..first group. without Strahan and LaVar, they should of played al ot better as first team D..their coverage was BAD!

Preseason Game 2 update: a sack on one play, forced fumble on another, a crushing hit, and several excellent pursuit plays. Still ridiculously early, but Kiwi's playing better than any other defensive player in the draft so far. Hopefully we'll see him against the "ones" soon.

NEM said:
Prior to the draft, he was my choice, but he was gone early. Although, as it turned out, we stole two of the best ,. in Maroney and Jackson.

Why is Jackson one of the best? I'm just curious because he's practiced three times so far and hasn't played one NFL game yet.

I still believe in Jackson, despite the hammy. Granted, I'm going on faith without anything but circumstantial evidence, but if he can get his body healed he is going to be special (in a good way).

Who cares? I'm sure there are plenty of Giants fansites if you like to regale their players.

Brady'sButtBoy said:
Who cares? I'm sure there are plenty of Giants fansites if you like to regale their players.
Then why respond? Are you lecturing me? You are strange.

PonyExpress said:
Then why respond? Are you lecturing me? You are strange.

Kiwi is going to be a monster. I hope he's the most dominating defensive player taken in this draft.

Brady'sButtBoy said:

Agree.

We do have an interleague forum here.

But, the Giants have always been my #1 hated team so I could be biased.

Last edited by a moderator:
PATSNUTme said:
But, the Giants have always been my #1 hated team so I could be biased.

You're like that, too, huh?

Have anything to do with Chris Schenkel?

PonyExpress, you obviously haven't heard one of my lectures!:D That was a mild rebuke at the worst. I am a long time Big East fan (and still begrudgingly root for BC after their desertion) and I love to see local college boys excel. But this is a site for Patriot love, not for extolling the virtues of a rookie we didn't draft, right? Besides, if Kiwi becomes a star he is an enemy since he doesn't play for us. If the Interleague forum isn't right then maybe you could get Ian to start a forum for local college boy rooting (seriously), there you folks could rant 'til satisfied and folks like me wouldn't have to see one word of it! Perfect for everyone.

Last edited:
If Ian feels this isn't relevant, he can move it easily to the other forum, just as he does with NEM's insane rantings. So far, he hasn't, so I can't be that far off. Kiwanuka's is of interest because many people felt he would be the perfect replacement for McGinest, he's a local kid, and I labeled the post OT. You are sounding dangerously like a librarian here trying to shush people, not that there's anything wrong with that. Librarians need love too. But we're football fans, man.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope Kiwi has himself a good career. Last year at BC he was recovering from an injury. Good luck to him.

Jacky Roberts said:
Kiwi is going to be a monster. I hope he's the most dominating defensive player taken in this draft.

I hope he's the SECOND most dominating defensive player in this draft. To Mario of course :)

In all seriousness, I'm a huge BC fan and wanted the Texans to take Kiwi wayyyyyyy back in last November when I whipped up a mock on the Texans board. I remember the game where BC played NC St late in the season and Kiwi had something like 4.5-5 sacks in the first half. Easily my favorite player coming out of the last draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes