PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jones/Henry salaries still count against cap

Isaac

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Just heard on sirius NFL radio that the Jones and Henry salaries during their suspension (not sure about bonuses) will be donated to charity but will still count against the cap for their teams.

Very impressive, this hurts the teams, I didn't think the owners would allow it.

Wow. The NFL is serious about this. I like that they'll be giving it to charities.

They should count, just like an injury. If not the suspensions don't hurt much.

Just heard on sirius NFL radio that the Jones and Henry salaries during their suspension (not sure about bonuses) will be donated to charity but will still count against the cap for their teams.

Very impressive, this hurts the teams, I didn't think the owners would allow it.

If the owners didn't alow it it would be BS and have no teeth. Now hopefully the lowlifes that are in the NFL will adjust thier lives to not lose thier jobs and those that don't will be gone. The owners (Bengals) that insist on NOT taking character into account will be crippled by dead money these lowlifes cost them and it will keep the NFL from becoming an NBA.

Ouch, lose the player AND have his salary count against the cap??? What a waste (except for the charities!)

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back