PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jags player, cheerleader attacked by gunman

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I know, it's pretty much a league-wide policy. This was a topic of discussion when the XFL came about - they not only allowed the cheerleaders to date the players, they encouraged it, in the hope of making some juicy WWE-type storylines.

Anyway, back then we were told the reason the NFL doesn't allow it was not because of fears of harassment or anything, but because they didn't want women trying out for cheerleading as a back-door way of meeting the players.

Of course, it happens anyway. Chris Cooley married a Redskin cheerleader, who very happily sacrificed the $50/game job to marry a star player (at least relative to the Redskins).

I don't mean to imply their marriage is a fraud or anything, they seem like very happy, well-grounded people. But you put hot young ladies in an environment with athletic rich men, and all kinds of lines are going to be crossed.

As for the "get a gun now before this happens to you" line of thought, I'm much, much more afraid of one of my toddlers accidently shooting themselves or each other than I'm worried about a home invasion. THAT's something that happens every day. If I were exceedingly wealthy, or had no children, or lived in a high-crime area, maybe I'd think differently. But a gun locked in a safe helps you as much as a wet noodle in the scenario you describe.

Last edited:
You struck me as a Bill Nighy type of guy Box_O_Rocks. So classy, liked by everyone and generally worth listening to/reading ;).

Who? Bill Nigh, the science guy? jk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST