PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jags player, cheerleader attacked by gunman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this on CNNSI, crazy story. Pretty sweet of the guy to lock himself in the bedroom while the GF shot it out with the gunman. :/

"Tell me what company you keep and I'll tell you what you are."
- Miguel de Cervantes

:eek:

This literally sounds like something out of a movie.

The gunman ran after her, so Osgood jammed a chair under the game room door handle and jumped out a window to the lawn below, running to a neighbor’s house to call police. Meanwhile, Bartletto and Putnal confronted each other downstairs with guns. The woman targeted him with her laser sight before both shot at each other and missed.

It's probably not appropriate to laugh at something like that due to the severity, but man... lol

Interesting, isn't it Patriots policy to keep a wall of separation between players and cheerleaders? Jags just do things differently I guess.

He hit the dog too?

Probably kicked some kids on the way home too.

The chick grabbed a gun and opened fire on the intruder? AND her gun has a laser scope on it as well? Sounds like the woman of my dreams.

And, anyway, that's what you get for living in the Northside. That is, by far, the most violent part of Jacksonville. One of the highest murder rates in all of Florida.

Last edited:
Interesting, isn't it Patriots policy to keep a wall of separation between players and cheerleaders? Jags just do things differently I guess.

I think all the NFL clubs have non fraternization rules, usually the cheerleader loses her job if caught. Clubs don't want to be dragged into potential harassment cases or situations like this... Seems this one was a rookie this season who was MIA from the roster by the time this story broke... She also took out the restraining order on the ex in May, around the time she would have made the squad...

Reminds me of the great tune in that insurance commercial with the dog and his bone... Trouble...trouble, trouble, trouble...:singing:

I don't get the kids part at all.
lol means the guy must be a pretty miserable bastard to hit a defenseless dog. The kids exaggeration is just a step further along the same vein.

This is why we carry guns people. I don't care what your view is, let a masked man come kick your door down and stick a pistol in your helpless little kid's face, believe me it happens. This thread should be a reminder to everyone this forum, if you don't have a gun get one before you find out why you need one. Get a sealed weapons permit.

This world is full of people that would shoot you dead over 5 bucks, so be prepared.

This is the second incident involving a Jags player in the last two years. I don't know a lot about Jacksonville, but it sounds like a rough town.

Last edited:
I don't mean to open up a can of worms, if people think I did.

I'm speaking from experience more than anything else, I barely survived a home invasion and I'd hate anyone else to go through it. **** happens in life. This article may sound like something out of a movie but you'd be amazed how quickly that could happen to you.

Had to share this quote from the Jags message board. :D

Osgood probably wasn't that worried by the gun, because on-field experience teaches us that Jaguars receivers are **** near impossible to hit even when they are open.

The chick grabbed a gun and opened fire on the intruder? AND her gun has a laser scope on it as well? Sounds like the woman of my dreams.

You'd know not to mess with her!

As far as I know, it's pretty much a league-wide policy. This was a topic of discussion when the XFL came about - they not only allowed the cheerleaders to date the players, they encouraged it, in the hope of making some juicy WWE-type storylines.

Anyway, back then we were told the reason the NFL doesn't allow it was not because of fears of harassment or anything, but because they didn't want women trying out for cheerleading as a back-door way of meeting the players.

Osgood ran like a biatch. If it was me, I would have stepped between the two, while guns were being fired by both. I would have taken a few bullets, and then defused the situation with the gift of gab. After that, the three of us could laugh it off over a few beers.

This is why we carry guns people. I don't care what your view is, let a masked man come kick your door down and stick a pistol in your helpless little kid's face, believe me it happens. This thread should be a reminder to everyone this forum, if you don't have a gun get one before you find out why you need one. Get a sealed weapons permit.

This world is full of people that would shoot you dead over 5 bucks, so be prepared.
You don't happen to look like this do you 51Hits?

yokel.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey