PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: HGH-Boy Starting Divisional Game. Going for 10th One n Done. Chances of AFCCG In MA Improve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manning lookedshot from game 1 of the season after a whole off season...so i dont buy that a few weeks off will suddenly have him look like the manning of old

Mannings arm is done, however he can still make some throws with some level of competence.

The greater question is can he keep his ego and urge to make risky big plays in check while giving his defense and running game a fighting chance to win.

Ehh.... People here are ridiculously downplaying Manning's influence in that game. Manning came in with about 8 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, and the Broncos down 13-7. The drives prior to his entering the game went:

TD
Fumble
Pick
Fumble
Punt
Pick
Punt
Half
Fumble
Halftime
the osweiler-led broncos played worse than i thought. they even fumbled during halftime! ;)

Predictable.

I already warned everyone of how this season is going to end, but nobody listens.

Sadly, they will build statues in his name and inject them with HGH so that they can withstand time.

It will end with a couple of pick sixes for his tenth one and done for the postseason.

Oh but don't worry, they will still erect that statue infused with HGH in his honor. ;)

maybe espn will mention peyton being the greatest choker in the history of pro sports.
9 one and dones is embarrassing.

Manning just wants to make sure his record for most one and dones in the playoffs is never broken.

Remember the going away present Jerome Bettis got from the league in Super Bowl XL?
And the Ray Lewis retirement coronation.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
Kinda stupid especially if Pittsburgh wins this weekend. The Steelers' defense is mediocre at best, but they have the defense that can flood the center of the field and force Manning to throw outside the numbers and down the field where he sucks. Osweiller is far better suited to beat the Steelers because he can throw down the field and take advantage of the bad Steeler secondary.

Ehh.... People here are ridiculously downplaying Manning's influence in that game. Manning came in with about 8 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, and the Broncos down 13-7. The drives prior to his entering the game went:

TD
Fumble
Pick
Fumble
Punt
Pick
Punt
Half
Fumble
Halftime

Manning then came in and the drives went:

TD
FG
FG
Punt
TD
Game

It is what it is. Manning was clearly what sparked that Broncos team.

Until you make this claim. You have to track at what points were all the Charger defensive players knocked out of the game. About 3-4 defensive players who were in the first half were knocked out of the game.

Kinda stupid especially if Pittsburgh wins this weekend. The Steelers' defense is mediocre at best, but they have the defense that can flood the center of the field and force Manning to throw outside the numbers and down the field where he sucks. Osweiller is far better suited to beat the Steelers because he can throw down the field and take advantage of the bad Steeler secondary.

they'll either play pitt or KC. both teams are going to give him some trouble.

Until you make this claim. You have to track at what points were all the Charger defensive players knocked out of the game. About 3-4 defensive players who were in the first half were knocked out of the game.

Yeah, Dontrelle Inman was playing safety at the end of the game and they were worn down by the time Manning had entered the game because their offense kept going three-and-out. So it's not an apples-to-apples comparison.

Don't get me wrong, though, it would have been tough to be worse than the Denver offense was in the first half. Not all of that was on Osweiler's shoulders, though.

Last edited:
they'll either play pitt or KC. both teams are going to give him some trouble.

My concern with KC is whether they can score points against the Denver defense.

Most of the people circle jerking to this decision thinking it leads to an AFC title game in foxboro are the same folks who sang from the mountaintops that Miami would lay down & be a walk over....

Never underestimate the ability of the NFL to author this season's playoff/super bowl narrative....

And also when was the last time Brady beat Manning ON THE ROAD?????

Gary Kubiak is a great strategist and an unbelievable ****y. I have noted many occasions when he was with Houston and he played incredibly conservative. Example, getting into 50-yard field goal territory and running into the line three times. He is one of those guys who is always going to play the "safe" move (but not the right move) when the pressure is on. Benching Osweiler for Manning is just another step in this direction. Osweiler threw two picks that weren't even his fault and other players fumbled three times. Yanking him for Manning made absolutely zero sense, but I'm sure he felt the media noose tightening around his neck and panicked. With the EXACT same offense, Osweiler had an 86.4 passer rating while Manning was at 67.9. To any rational human being, it isn't even a debate who is the better quarterback right now, and the better quarterback gives you a better chance to win. In addition, Kubiak is destroying a golden opportunity to build tremendous confidence in a young QB by providing him with a great defense and lots of weapons and home field in the playoffs. And all this so that he can ride Peyton Manning in the playoffs, a guy who might be the biggest choke artist in league history. You can't step in the same river twice...this is a golden opportunity that Kubiak is going to pi$$ away, and I love it!

Osweiller can at least complete deep passes...even against san diego mannings passes either looked like wobbly ducks or were overthrown deep.

This gives teams to gameplan to flood the middle, stop the run and force manning to throw ducks deep and to the sidelines ripe to jump them and pick them off.

The colts of all teams did this perfectly against manning last year...and we steamrolled that team.

Not sure how manning going 5-9 for 69 yards while overthrowing receivers with ducksdeclares he is back
Deep passes are good if they are the right passes.Oswelier might be good but he is also prone to mistakes. They had 5 turnovers with him in the game last week.Not a great advertisement for going into the playoffs. Manning for all his choking habits spooks opponents more into doing dumb things and provides exp. Dont know how this is so bad for the broncos.

They managed to surprise a bad chargers team. No playoff team is going to get surprised by Manning.

Pitts will lose to the bengals.
Yeah, I'm a little surprised there's so much agreement about Pittsburgh doing well in the playoffs here. I think it's far more likely the Pats see the Bengals or the Texans.

They beat them last time in denver which was a surprise with those 4-5 picks . I find it hard they will beat them again on the road .Chiefs always flatter to deceive vs broncos. Last game was an anomaly I think. They might be the hottest team but they are barely winning comfortably.
I think full strength NE is the only team which can go in and beat denver in denver.

KC @ Denver I already know how it will end. That 4 pick game was an anomaly even for Peyton standards.

• Agree
Reactions: SVN
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back