PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Giants RB Brandon Jacobs is afraid to play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mogamedogz

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
"Why would I rush back when we've got a seven-year veteran that can do the job?" Jacobs said. "I'm only in my third year. I don't want to risk the rest of my career."

Source: New York Daily News

Wow... Just WOW!!! :bricks:

Last edited:
he's right, except he shouldn't have verbalized it. i bet alot think that like seymour and i don't blame them because once they're broke and done the players is cast away.

abraham did the same thing

your making this out wrong. he said he doesnt want to rush back..why risk further injury until hes healthy enough to play the way he did? they have Droughns who can carry load..no need to rush back until its safe for ihm to play and not risk worsening the injury

he's right, except he shouldn't have verbalized it. i bet alot think that like seymour and i don't blame them because once they're broke and done the players is cast away.

abraham did the same thing

He also plays for a team that has all but locked up a playoff bid in a conference where the 3/4 teams are essentially equal as are the 1/2.

If he isn't healthy they shouldn't play him because they won't win without him in January.

He also plays for a team that has all but locked up a playoff bid in a conference where the 3/4 teams are essentially equal as are the 1/2.

If he isn't healthy they shouldn't play him because they won't win without him in January.

bingo, i totally agree

sounds like it got twisted

How can you possibly knock him for this? Should he be saying "I can't wait to rush back and injure myself permanently so I can get cut, then live in pain for the rest of my life because the players union is corrupt and will turn its back on me"

I don't see what the problem is.

The Giants have a rough schedule ahead plus a chance at the playoffs better to rest up so he can be as close to 100% as possible for more games than rushing back and re-aggravating it.

these kinda comments is why BB asks his injured players to shut it. something harmless said can be interpreted in so many ways.

You guys are too easy. This is something that should have definitely gone without saying. If this was Maroney saying this, there is no doubt in my mind this place would be up in arms!

It says allot about Jacobs character IMO. It makes him sound soft. Especially when you compare him to another young RB like Adrian Peterson; who DID rush back (from a much more serious injury) and help his team fight for a play-off spot.

And people think Maroney is made of glass? As big as Jacobs is, he is as fragile as they come. What a douchebag!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft