PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Giants...Horseplay or Dissension?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coughlin is upset but moreso about not keeping it in house. He apparently thought he made it clear to them before camp that he didn't want their business or their antics featured on social media. The part he hasn't seemed to grasp yet is the negative message being sent by members of a league doing PSA's about bullying and harassment.

Your comment makes me wonder a couple of things:
1 - How is it that the Patriots are able to keep "things" under wrap so well in the social media / 24-7 sports media era? Honestly there must be corporations and governments that wish they had half as good a level of organizational control as the Patriots have accomplished.

2 - In RE to #1, I wonder how often things of a nature like this (eye-popping display of callous teammate bullying) occur in the NEP locker room that are kept under wraps. I'd like to think they have high character guys in there who don't care as much about things like this as they do about football etc... but that'd be awfully naive of me.

Prince seems as if he may be too soft for the NFL.

It happens to rookies, though. Not second year players. I feel bad for Amukamara. Maybe he should stand up to JPP and punch him in the mouth. With that said, he should be expecting a beat-down afterward, but at least JPP would probably think twice before he threw him into the tub again...

There was limited training camp last year. Maybe he catching up on lost time

It happens to rookies, though. Not second year players. I feel bad for Amukamara. Maybe he should stand up to JPP and punch him in the mouth. With that said, he should be expecting a beat-down afterward, but at least JPP would probably think twice before he threw him into the tub again...

It's better to get a beatdown from a guy that outweighs him by 80 pounds( real shame in it,right?) instead of getting carried into that tub like a child.

Why was JPP so animated though? Is he just ******ed or was there something more to this?

And the punter is in the gang,filming? lmfao

I expect(not) Eli to put an end to this situation...since he is such a good top 5 QB and all that.

That team belongs to the D-line.

Last edited:
Justin Tuck tries to play spin doctor:

Defensive end Justin Tuck is one of the players discussing the video and he’s putting a different spin on it than we heard on Sunday. That was when Mike Garafolo of the Newark Star-Ledger reported that Amukamara has been dunked eight times because the team wants him to show more edge and because they don’t yet consider him to be done with his rookie year because he missed time with a broken foot last year.

Tuck said that Amukamara wasn’t dunked because his teammates were hazing him or giving him a hard time about his lack of edge. It was all about the love.

“We don’t dunk guys who we don’t think will be a part of our team and are going to help our football team,” Tuck said, via Tom Rock of Newsday. “It’s kind of a good thing that you get dunked. I know that doesn’t sound right, but Prince is one of those guys who everybody around this room loves and we find him to be one of the most amusing guys. He kind of in some ways enjoys the fact that we give him a hard time. Again, we’re still very sensitive to the fact of the bullying epidemic that’s around this world and how people can perceive it in the wrong light. We’ll just try to be very conscious of that.”

Justin Tuck says getting dunked is a good thing | ProFootballTalk

:bricks:

Once. Ok I'm a rookie. Twice. Ok this isn't funny. More dunks after that and he's just getting punked. Should learn some bjj choke holds and arm bars and warn JPP he's getting choked out next time. That's probably the only way he could get it to stop and not look like a chump. Or the punch to the face. That might work as well. I feel bad for the guy but he's got to make a stand.

It's better to get a beatdown from a guy that outweighs him by 80 pounds( real shame in it,right?) instead of getting carried into that tub like a child.

Why was JPP so animated though? Is he just ******ed or was there something more to this?

And the punter is in the gang,filming? lmfao

I expect(not) Eli to put an end to this situation...since he is such a good top 5 QB and all that.

That team belongs to the D-line.

JPP outweighs him by that much and has the extensive reach advantage. Prince would get worked.

The bolded part of your post is the most important aspect of this whole situation. Prince is a multi-millionaire in a position of power/strength and will likely end up just fine. But it puts a stamp of approval on locker room "hijinks" that high schoolers can see. And it relies on the "prankster" (15-18 yo kid) to know the difference between appropriate and inappropriate behavior. For that matter, the difference between appropriate/inappropriate is how it affects the person receiving the "prank"...so they are the only people qualified to know how damaging these situations can be. Everyone else, including Bill Polian (God I hate him) on ESPN should just (Please be quiet - edited)!

The particularly galling part of this is that people don't seem to realize the potential societal effects of these situations in young people. Not just internalizing these helpless feelings in self-harm or even suicide...but externalizing them in violent outbursts that unfortunately can end up harming innocents.

I have a son starting high school football this year. Our school has a no tolerance policy for situations like this. Besides the obvious liability issues (what if Prince's head hit the side of the tub?), the chances for a tragic outcome is just too high. If anyone did something similar to my son, I would do everything in my power to have the situation handled as an assault and punished accordingly.

Before anyone compares this to shaved eyebrows, funky haircuts, carrying shoulder pads or getting taped to goal posts...just ask yourself if the rookie had the option to simply say "No" without retribution. If they had that option, I agree it is just silly team building. Prince didn't have that option. Once that option is removed, it becomes something much darker. I can't think of a worse example to show to our kids.

The Giants (all of them) have failed miserably in handling this. The NFL dropped the ball as well. Someone associated with football needs to step up and make the case that the powerful dominating the powerless isn't helpful or funny or harmless. It is just wrong in all cases and at all times. Asking the powerful how they feel about it is just stupid.

Last edited:
Does New England (and other teams) do the haircut thing anymore?

So I'm in the Air Force. Since we wear our rank on our arms, when we get promoted people "tack on" our new stripes by punching us on the arm. I have no issue with other people punching me at whatever strength they want...most people do it in good fun and for the few who do it hard because they need to feel tough, well you go ahead and punch away; you're probably a hen pecked guy that hates your homelife and use situations like this to take out your aggression. I specifically DON'T punch people hard for that reason, I don't want to look like some loser NCO trying to show an airman who's "in charge".

On the other hand, one time we had a guy get promoted to E-5 (Staff Sergeant) and he specifically said "Do not punch me in the arm, I consider it hazing and will go to the commander if you do". That guy...yeah, he didn't have many friends before that due to his crappy attitude and after that he was even less liked. Doing something like that just makes you come off like a punk, much like Dez Bryant did a couple years ago.

It's a fine line between hazing/team building. JPP crossed the line by being a bully, Prince brought this on by not standing up for himself after the second time. Damn near the whole organization is in the wrong by trying to bury this.

It looks like Anaksunamoon is finally out of the news. Maybe JPP drowned his ass and stashed his corpse in the Jets locker room where nobody noticed another non-functional body.

It looks like Anaksunamoon is finally out of the news. Maybe JPP drowned his ass and stashed his corpse in the Jets locker room where nobody noticed another non-functional body.

lmfao....this is wrong yet hilarious at the same time. my kind of humor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News