PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Former Jet Joe McKnight killed in shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was shot by a 54 year old who owns a tech company.

I guess he can count all that cash from that company for the rest of his life in a prison cell

What an idiotic lunatic

Shocking and terrible news.

Not to make this a political discussion, but part of the problem is the proliferation of guns and this is to be expected when everyone carries a gun. The problem with a gun is that before when people got mad and possibly irrational they might have taken a swing at someone and a black eye might be the result. However when either party now has a gun available, a moment of irrational behavior goes to a place where no one comes back from.

For good or bad, we are a gun culture that has been built on fear and incidents like this should be shocking. Unfortunately, they should be expected. Stuff like this sad incident are going to continue and become routine. Remember you just have to THINK your in danger, and you have the right to shoot first.

Now there are many, many responsible gun owners, probably a vast majority. I don't worry about those people, but as gun ownership expands that small minority expands too.

BTW- while I have my own personal opinion about this issue, I don't post this to question the right or wrong of it. Just to point out that this kind of this kind of incident is now here to stay. To quote a great philosopher, "it is what it is".

Terrible story and sadly it's all too common. Messed up place this earth.

Not to make this a political discussion, but part of the problem is the proliferation of guns and this is to be expected when everyone carries a gun. The problem with a gun is that before when people got mad and possibly irrational they might have taken a swing at someone and a black eye might be the result. However when either party now has a gun available, a moment of irrational behavior goes to a place where no one comes back from.

For good or bad, we are a gun culture that has been built on fear and incidents like this should be shocking. Unfortunately, they should be expected. Stuff like this sad incident are going to continue and become routine. Remember you just have to THINK your in danger, and you have the right to shoot first.

Now there are many, many responsible gun owners, probably a vast majority. I don't worry about those people, but as gun ownership expands that small minority expands too.

BTW- while I have my own personal opinion about this issue, I don't post this to question the right or wrong of it. Just to point out that this kind of this kind of incident is now here to stay. To quote a great philosopher, "it is what it is".

Since this is more of a sub-thread at this point compared to the other main one on this disturbing story, I don't feel its inappropriate to engage in conversation about this.. since it is kind of related.. so here goes:

Yes what you say is true, and the same can be said for suicides... some people who try to commit suicide will often panic and change their mind while in the act, but with a gun its just the pull of a trigger and its over, there is no chance for them to change their mind the second they apply a little pressure with their finger. (recently lost someone to suicide by gunshot to the head)

There are over 300 million guns in the US, so we will forever be a gun culture.. no laws will ever change that, you can't clean that many guns off the streets without some type of major conflict/civil war, especially when powerful criminal organizations like M13 make hundreds of millions of dollars smuggling firearms, coke, etc into the country.. unfortunately the gap between the rich and poor continues to grow as well, so crime and violence will continue to be perpetuated... The silver lining I guess is that no country could ever hope to invade the US, they would have 100+ million guerilla fighters ****ing their **** up

This maniac could have just as easily had a machete or something in his car and it would have ended in an even more horrific way for the victim... Until we have a cure for complete and total lunacy, senseless violence like this will forever be a problem. It wouldn't hurt if we took mental health more seriously, but we seem to be a country that doesn't give a **** about that.. My wife went to college for her masters and worked as an understudy to get licensed for another 2 years to become a clinical psychologist, yet she makes almost nothing for a salary... I don't even have a college degree and I make more than double her salary.. She isn't alone, she knows countless people in her field that work for a variety of organizations and non-profits that all barely make enough to cover their student loan, pay their rent and not starve to death. That is quite frankly a shameful reflection on our society and culture

I guess he can count all that cash from that company for the rest of his life in a prison cell

What an idiotic lunatic

What's the right to defend yourself law in that state? Can he use that to escape prison time?

What's the right to defend yourself law in that state? Can he use that to escape jail time?

Not sure, but he ruined any chance at arguing self defense when he stood over his body after shooting him the first time, talked some more trash, then shot him again... That isn't self defense, that is 1st degree murder

I witnessed fatal road rage ten years ago, driving home from work. For some reason there was gridlock as I was going up the ramp onto a mixmaster 75 feet high. On the freeway below I saw a white cloth below. :eek: What I found out later was a guy and a gal, both 25 got in an argument in a Mercedes. Guy decided to stop on top of the mixmaster, take the gal and drop her from 75 feet. :mad: Realizing he was now a certified dirtbag, he jumped off.

I don't and never will understand this.

Thoughts and prayers to the family and the USC community who lost a good man today.

R.I.P. This is why I never get out of the car or incite road rage anymore even though I carry. People don't have any respect for human life out there and are very quick to resort to violence. It's simply not worth it.

Precisely why I just got my LTC.

Too many violent people out there that are incapable of rational thought, reason and respect.

Your first paragraph reminded me of a great bit from a Jim Jefferies special on Netflix (the whole Gun Control bit is awesome, but the musket bit is linked below).

NSFW

As for guns in general, I don't believe they kill people. Many countries have high rates of gun ownership and nowhere close to the USA's crime/homicide rates with guns. The difference is that those countries teach people responsible gun ownership. That's the part that lacks in America these days. It's always blah blah blah freedom, nobody talks about responsibility or accountability anymore.

Any idiot can buy a gun with no license or training. I'm terrified of someone who knows nothing about guns and never shoots guns buying one for "self-protection" because they're more likely to hit an innocent bystander than the target. Then you have the sociopaths who do intend to do bad things, sure, no problem, guns for you too. After the Virginia Tech shooting, they passed a law preventing mentally ill people to purchase guns. THIS WASN'T A LAW BEFORE!

If you practice regularly under proper instruction and learn how to handle one responsibly, I have no problem with anyone getting that gun. I personally wouldn't, but I have no issue with responsible gun owners. However, I have very strong objections to pretty much handing one out to anyone over the age of 18 who asks for one. It's not quite the same as buying a Blu-Ray player or toaster at Wal-Mart, yet we treat it pretty much the same way.

And when you have millions of people who don't understand what they're buying running around packing heat, I'm not sure why anyone is surprised that **** like this happens. It's the inevitable outcome. It's not rocket science.

Jesus ****ing christ...take the political **** to the damned political forum.

Can't even let the body get cold...

Not sure, but he ruined any chance at arguing self defense when he stood over his body after shooting him the first time, talked some more trash, then shot him again... That isn't self defense, that is 1st degree murder

You'd think so, but some crazy **** (well, mostly first degree murder) gets passed off as self defense, especially in the South. My money says he gets off scot free, or something relatively cushy like involuntary manslaughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes