PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Former Jet Joe McKnight killed in shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with all of you in saying this should never have happened. I live across the river from New Orleans, and the incident also happened on the same side of the river where I live, less than ten minutes from my house. I was appalled to hear the local media reporting that a witness saw the shooter standing over McNight and saying something like "I told you not to F**k with me" and then shoot him a second time. When the shooter was released today, I knew the initial "eyewitness account" was a huge lie. As an earlier poster wrote, the shooter was sitting in his vehicle and shot three shots through the open passenger side window. Why would a reporter run with the false narrative of the shooter standing over the fallen victim, taunt him, then shoot again? Shameful reporting.
There was also a snippet that another "eyewitness" stated McNight got out of his vehicle to apologize. Why would the shooter open fire on a person who was apologizing? If the shooter was having road rage, then he wouldn't have been released. There is a lot more to this story than is being reported. Unfortunately, because there are a lot of details not being reported, there are a lot of people upset and are using inflammatory words that McNight was "lynched". That's the word the local demonstrators were prominently displaying on their signs today. Bottom line is a widely liked local young man was killed over someone cutting someone else off on the Bridge connecting the East Bank (where New Orleans is) and the West Bank (where the shooting occurred). No one has confirmed who cut off who, and who was chasing who. Such a tragic story.

Wealthy white guy shoots black guy during traffic incident

Reports come out that witness says it was cold blooded murder

White guy is released without charges

Most people have no clue what really happened, but one thing is for sure: This is shaping up to be a major ****-show

Another shooting that involves a white/black guy that the media jump to conclusions about before the facts have been fully reported, trying to cause further racial division.

Great job, folks.

Most people have no clue what really happened, but one thing is for sure: This is shaping up to be a major ****-show

Weird. That's basically the same thing that was written in Post #42, but you hit the Disagree button on that.

Weird. That's basically the same thing that was written in Post #42, but you hit the Disagree button on that.

Had no idea I hit a button on that, I was scrolling on my phone and didn't know I disagreed

I just undid the rating rating and agreed

Not getting into what is right or true in all these varied stories, but you sir are promulgating more story that is either obviously untrue or a superficial guess BS (at best) with an apparent agenda to incite racial tension. Stop it please.

Go look at the pictures, your "wealthy" white guy is driving some late model chevy [edit: actually an Acura sedan], lives alone in his dead fathers house, and the "company" he owns apparently employs only one person who installs telephone cable. Meanwhile, the "poor" black guy is driving a newer model Audi SUV and had a multiyear nyjfl career where the min Salary is +$350K.

Imo the shooter is likely wrong and probably deserves jail time; but there is no need to make it racial, make **** up, or even make a judgement until FACTS are in play /available.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: TBR
Not getting into what is right or true in all these varied stories, but you sir are promulgating more story that is either obviously untrue or a superficial guess BS (at best) with an apparent agenda to incite racial tension. Stop it please.

Go look at the pictures, your "wealthy" white guy is driving some late model chevy, lives alone in his dead fathers house, and the "company" he owns apparently employs only one person who installs telephone cable. Meanwhile, the "poor" black guy is driving a newer model Audi SUV and had a multiyear nyjfl career where the min Salary is +$350K.

Imo the shooter is likely wrong and probably deserves jail time; but there is no need to make it racial, make **** up, or even make a judgement until FACTS are in play /available.
My perception is the poster was summarizing the narratives voiced by different groups and concluding this is going to be a mess.

We have some dramatically different reports of what happened. Not witness misperceptions or police cover up. One story is a blatant lie.

Go look at the pictures, your "wealthy" white guy is driving some late model chevy [edit: actually an Acura sedan], lives alone in his dead fathers house, and the "company" he owns apparently employs only one person who installs telephone cable. Meanwhile, the "poor" black guy is driving a newer model Audi SUV and had a multiyear nyjfl career where the min Salary is +$350K.

Quite a reply to my brief message

So other than the one word "wealthy" in my message, is there anything else in it that you disagree with?

Had no idea I hit a button on that, I was scrolling on my phone and didn't know I disagreed

I just undid the rating rating and agreed

Thank you kindly, Mitch! :)

So it appears that some of the "eye witness" reports are false.. that certainly changes my anger levels towards this event.. They will continue to investigate, I guess they don't have enough evidence either way to hold him but they could build a case over time

You really don't know what to believe anymore

This has nothing to do with race at all.

Besides, if you really want it to be, you should know that statistically: a) he was far more likely to have been killed by another black guy, and b) blacks murdering whites is far more common and disproportionate than vice-versa.

The only way this becomes a "****-show" is if race-baiters like you turn it into one.

edit: Looks like some people don't like reality. Funny!

Last edited:

Besides, if you really want it to be, you should know that statistically: a) he was far more likely to have been killed by another black guy, and b) blacks murdering whites is far more common and disproportionate than vice-versa.

The only way this becomes a "****-show" is if race-baiters like you turn it into one.

Did you read my entire message?

Or did you just start typing your rant after reading the first few words?

LA and their laws for **** like this...i am pretty sure are the worst in the country at convicting people. Maybe someone living there that's on here could back this up but that states laws are ******

Whoah, Dude!

Read what Mitch wrote again. He wasn't race baiting anything. He was making an observation of the visuals of this situation and how it would most likely turn into a circus ("****show"). He wasn't saying that it SHOULD turn into a ****show, but that in this day and age, it is pretty predictable that it will.

It's 2016, but there are lots of people today who still think it is 1955 - extremists on BOTH sides - and the media feeds this type of crap for ratings. It's fairly obvious to most of us that that was what Mitch was saying.

You didn't have to go off on him by calling him that.

I have a hard time imagining that a bullet (potentially) flying through the cabin of a pressurized aircraft at ~35,000 feet would ever be considered safe.

Right. That was the scare tactic used to take away the only protection that they had.

There have been airplanes that flew and landed with cargo doors and passenger doors that blew off and left a gaping hole. There has never been a plane taken down by a bullet hole.

The Israeli airlines had a hijacking in the 60's and haven't had another since. That's because they have armed guards on every flight.

Mitch Kumstein...race baiter.....oh boy!...wait til I tell SG3...it'll raise him from the dead!

Mitch Kumstein...race baiter.....oh boy!...wait til I tell SG3...it'll raise him from the dead!

Heh there's a name from the past! When was the last time that you heard anything from the world's angriest jests fan, Joker?

Joe McKnight's shooter is a repeat road rage offender.. anger issues??

Life on the "farm" may prove interesting for Mr. Gasser...

Joe McKnight's shooter was cited in 2006 road rage incident, beating at same Terrytown spot: JPSO

The man who shot and killed Joe McKnight was cited a decade ago after a road rage incident in which he allegedly beat another man on the same intersection where he shot McKnight on Thursday, authorities said.

Ronald Gasser was issued a misdemeanor summons for simple battery in the Feb. 20, 2006 incident, after a man said Gasser attacked him and beat him with his fist, the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office said. The charge was ultimately dismissed, but will be reviewed again now, JPSO said in a press release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back