PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Does anyone realize what Philip Rivers is doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think Rivers is a punk because he talks trash to opposing players on the field? This is football; it's not supposed to be all flowers and buttercups. If you want people behaving nicely towards one another go watch golf. This is a man's sport; players shouldn't be getting their feelings hurt by hearing some trash talking. If a defensive player talks trash and tries to get into the head of the opposing team people praise them and say that they're a force to be reckoned with. If a QB does it, people criticize him. Why the hypocrisy? Are QBs not part of the team? Why are they held to a different standard?

I do watch Golf, I enjoy all sports except Nascar and Baseball.

I don't understand the hate some fans, (Pat's fans in abundance) have for Rivers. They form their opinion in most cases based on the two incidences mentioned here in this thread. A simple example of how a fans opinion of a player can be attributed to the media's portrayal because thats what they want you to think. I've seen him in numerous post game pressers and he comes across to me as an intelligent, reasonable player.

If the Pats didn't have Brady, Rivers would be on my very short list of QB's I'd want to see here in silver and blue.

Don't let the low profile fool you, Seyi Ajirotutu is a big time player. One of my binkies from this past April :D

Mine too. Because he came from Friend of Bill Pat Hill's Fresno State, I felt (hoped?) that
Bill would make a very strong push for him - or my first choice, Blair White - as a UDFA,
if not at the draft spot completely wasted on Zac Robinson, or to a lesser extent Kade Weston.

The Pats lack both height & deep speed at WR.
Maybe Taylor Price is the answer there, maybe not.

Last edited:
I think Rivers is a punk and wouldnt mind punching him in the face.

Cutler is also on that list.

As should be the Mannings, Rapistbooger, Mark the Blade Sancheck & Lord Farvequad.

BTW, if Arian Foster had remembered to secure the ball in the EZ,
punk Rivers doesn't win (again).

Last edited:
I think he suffers from East Coast bias.

Some of you should watch replays. Rivers may have had backup receivers in there, but these backups for open with separation off the cornerbacks by a good 10 yards on all of his TD throws(checkout the 50 yard bomb no one was even close to the receiver). Hell, Scott Mitchell could have made those throws. I don't see Brady's receievers get anywhere near the separation San Diego receivers get.

Last edited:
Some of you should watch replays. Rivers may have had backup receivers in there, but these backups for open with separation off the cornerbacks by a good 10 yards on all of his TD throws(checkout the 50 yard bomb no one was even close to the receiver). Hell, Scott Mitchell could have made those throws. I don't see Brady's receievers get anywhere near the separation San Diego receivers get.

The Texans have the worst secondary in the league but Rivers has been shredding defenses all season long including his game against the 2nd ranked Raiders defense in which he got these stats:

Yards: 431
TDs: 2
Interceptions: 0
Completion percentage: 64.3%

Last edited:
I think that list should read, IMHO:
Vick
Rodgers
Rivers
PayaTon
Ryan
Brady
Brees
Bradford

Is that in order from best to worst because if it is you're way off. This is how the QBs currently rank in my opinion

Top Tier (doesn't matter which order but these are the best of the best in the NFL, and all four will go down as Hall of Famers):

Rivers, Peyton Manning, Brees, Brady

Second Tier:

Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Schaub, Vick, Eli Manning, Tony Romo, McNabb

Of the guys in the second tier the one that has the best shot of moving up to the first tier is Aaron Rodgers. He's just a couple of good seasons away from being among that group.

Last edited:
I don't understand the hate some fans, (Pat's fans in abundance) have for Rivers. They form their opinion in most cases based on the two incidences mentioned here in this thread. A simple example of how a fans opinion of a player can be attributed to the media's portrayal because thats what they want you to think. I've seen him in numerous post game pressers and he comes across to me as an intelligent, reasonable player.

If the Pats didn't have Brady, Rivers would be on my very short list of QB's I'd want to see here in silver and blue.

Yup. Those are people who let ESPN tell them what to think. ESPN is the TMZ of sports; they stir up controversies to get ratings.

I do watch Golf, I enjoy all sports except Nascar and Baseball.

I've even seen Brady talk trash to opposing players multiple times and there's nothing wrong with that. I like a QB that can stand up for his team and try to get into the heads of defensive players. Remember that game back in the 07 season when that Steelers safety Anthony Smith talked trash about the Patriots, guaranteeing a victory, and Brady kept going at him all game, embarrassing him and getting up in his face at one point to rub it in. That's all good in my opinion. Pats fans are okay with that when Brady does it but they hate on Rivers for doing the same. Stop the hypocrisy people.

I didn't post this video so don't blame me for the title, also it's poor quality but it was the only one I could find on youtube but this is the incident that I was referring to:

YouTube - Brady gets punked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back