PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Do you really want Brandon Marshall on your team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This dude is soooo coooool!!

Check out this video of him in practice yesterday:

Video

It is disgraceful. McDaniels should Terry Glenn his arse and suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team (with this video, there is no chance he could win an arbitration challenge). Then the Broncos should franchise him next offseason and force him to beg for a trade a trade again. No matter how upset you are with your contract, you should act like a man and not a little baby.

i like the fact personally that mcdaniels has taken up BB's habit of not talking in public about player issues as annoying as they maybe.
this is for me BB's best trait. he doesnt praise any one player more than anyone but doesnt single out anyone either.

actually i think you'd break him mentally and assimilate him into your system
you guys are like the damn borg lol

A young Parcells might take that on. BB has no interest in playing "daddy" to head cases. Dillon and Moss were thoroughly vetted and had worked out whatever issues they had earlier in their careers.

That's an embarrassing episode. So much for being involved in a professional activity.

is it safe to assume you are NOT a patriot fan?
:rofl: We'd trade him, but I think the Jest were the only interested team and they lowballed the offer. ;)

It's a business. Marshall is doing what is best for him. He has clearly outperformed his contract and deserves to be paid like the rest. He asked nicely for an extension and the Broncos declined. He asked for a trade and the Broncos declined. So why are they keeping Marshall? If he can't get it with the Broncos, he should be able to get it somewhere else. Unfortunately, his numbers will decline, the Broncos will slap the franchise tag on him (which I think should be eliminated) and he will be stuck a Bronco. After McDaniels traded Cutler, I don't blame Marshall for his actions. Their franchise is quickly becoming a joke. I give McDaniels two years.

So would I want him on my team? Sure, he's one of the best WR's in the NFL and I haven't heard any stories of him being a problem in the locker room. Sure, he has some off the field issues, but so did Randy Moss early in his day. Although Moss didn't beat up his girlfriend, he did run over a traffic cop.

OK well no need for me to argue with you on any football matters anymore as it is clear by this statement you have no clue how an originization should be run and you have seen it done the right way first hand for years.

do you really need to hear the stories everyone is working their ass off in camp and he is moping around, not running, and booting balls around I am sure that his teamates love that.

It's a business. Marshall is doing what is best for him. He has clearly outperformed his contract and deserves to be paid like the rest. He asked nicely for an extension and the Broncos declined. He asked for a trade and the Broncos declined. So why are they keeping Marshall? If he can't get it with the Broncos, he should be able to get it somewhere else. Unfortunately, his numbers will decline, the Broncos will slap the franchise tag on him (which I think should be eliminated) and he will be stuck a Bronco. After McDaniels traded Cutler, I don't blame Marshall for his actions.

Finally! Someone who'll actually blame Wilfork for acting like a professional instead of acting up like a child who isn't getting what he wants.

Do you want to elaborate on that? Because I don't like what the Broncos are doing makes me not like the Pats as well? I don't like Mangini, does that mean I shouldn't like the Pats?

He's new, and your statement led him to think you're not a Pats fan. I thought that was obvious, but i figured id explain it to ya.

i like the fact personally that mcdaniels has taken up BB's habit of not talking in public about player issues as annoying as they maybe.
this is for me BB's best trait. he doesnt praise any one player more than anyone but doesnt single out anyone either.

I thought this as soon as McD came on that video. It is a brilliant trait for a coach.

I also think that what Marshall did is a disgrace. For a PROFESSIONAL athlete to have tantrums really shows his childish character. It is actually pathetic. Broncos need to get rid of him.

It's a business. Marshall is doing what is best for him. He has clearly outperformed his contract and deserves to be paid like the rest. He asked nicely for an extension and the Broncos declined. He asked for a trade and the Broncos declined. So why are they keeping Marshall?

So, whats best for him is to act like a baby?

Why are they keeping him? ummm, maybe because they couldnt find anyone to trade for him. If it was me, i wouldnt let the baby go for free. Let him sit out the season, and pout, if thats what he wants.

So the Broncos have a receiver with prodigious physical talents but major immaturity and work ethic issues? No problem. They can just bench him and play Chad Jackson instead.

Sounds like Marshall is giving Cutler a run for his money in terms of immaturity and acting like a spoiled child.

Interestingly, Cutler has now publicly praised McDaniels as an "offensive mastermind" and said that the Broncos are in "good hands" with him:

Chicago Bears' Jay Cutler praises Denver Broncos coach Josh McDaniels - ESPN

I still think that the whole saga in Denver was mainly orchestrated by Cutler's agent as a way for him to get a big fat new contract.

"blown out of proportion" and "error in judgment".

Couldn't his agent coach him any better? I git that he thought it was an error in judgment because he literally said it was an error in judgement 30 times in the interview.

In all honesty, and maybe it's because I am a Pats fan, but how can you not agree with what Josh it doing here. It's clean house time, get the players in there you want, you need. And let's be realistic, he will get SOME value for this crybaby.

As much as I think Roger Dodger is a goof, his main message is that playing in the NFL is a priveledge. Just look around. Times are tough and this punk expects royalty treatment.

I hope the Broncos can get something for him....

It's a business. Marshall is doing what is best for him. He has clearly outperformed his contract and deserves to be paid like the rest. He asked nicely for an extension and the Broncos declined. He asked for a trade and the Broncos declined. So why are they keeping Marshall? If he can't get it with the Broncos, he should be able to get it somewhere else. Unfortunately, his numbers will decline, the Broncos will slap the franchise tag on him (which I think should be eliminated) and he will be stuck a Bronco. After McDaniels traded Cutler, I don't blame Marshall for his actions. Their franchise is quickly becoming a joke. I give McDaniels two years.

So would I want him on my team? Sure, he's one of the best WR's in the NFL and I haven't heard any stories of him being a problem in the locker room. Sure, he has some off the field issues, but so did Randy Moss early in his day. Although Moss didn't beat up his girlfriend, he did run over a traffic cop.

Seriously, by your logic, the Pats should trade away Vince Wilfork before the season started because the Pats have refused to give him a new contract.

I think you are thinking this way because you don't like McDaniels.

I think Mark Schlereth was right (yeah, I can't believe I wrote those words either) when he said that Marshall's actions are not hurting managment, he is hurting the other players on his team by being a disruption in practice and attracting a media circus. It is as he said disgusting.

Marshall isn't doing what is best for him. He is one step away from a long suspension from the league (most likely why the Broncos aren't rushing to give him a contract) and almost got that step, but he was lucky to win his legal trial. Now he is pulling this crap on camera for 31 other teams to see. Talk about driving up your market value.

As for comparing Marshall to Moss, that is laughable. For all of Moss' problems before he got here, he was never in trouble with the law (other than the car incident where no charges were filed) and never was suspended by the league.

Last edited:
Seriously, by your logic, the Pats should trade away Vince Wilfork before the season started because the Pats have refused to give him a new contract.

I think you are thinking this way because you don't like McDaniels.

I think Mark Schlereth was right (yeah, I can't believe I wrote those words either) when he said that Marshall's actions are not hurting managment, he is hurting the other players on his team by being a disruption in practice and attracting a media circus. It is as he said disgusting.

Marshall isn't doing what is best for him. He is one step away from a long suspension from the league (most likely why the Broncos aren't rushing to give him a contract) and almost got that step, but he was lucky to win his legal trial. Now he is pulling this crap on camera for 31 other teams to see. Talk about driving up your market value.

As for comparing Marshall to Moss, that is laughable. For all of Moss' problems before he got here, he was never in trouble with the law (other than the car incident where no charges were filed) and never was suspended by the league.

This is what is so comical about the Cutler is a "franchise QB" talk. Here is a team that collapses three years in a row. A disgusted owner brings in a "team first" guy and the "me first" guys get exposed. It's unfortunate the talented guys are the problem but they are.

Wouldn't be suprised if that was the masterplan. You would think they could get some value from the Bears.

Does that mean every time someone out performs the current contract they've signed it should be torn up and a new one demanded? I'd love to see which school of business subscribes to that theory.

Perform over a prolonged period of time and you'll get paid. One year here, one year there, that's not good enough, rookie or not. It's that simple.

Last edited:
Hes ******* disobeying the drills and acting like a selfish brat! Belichick would have screamed the hell out of him once he kicked the ball. Best for him? Not even close...

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick