PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Do you really want Brandon Marshall on your team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
From a 2006 pre-draft profile:

Negatives: Lacks maturity, demonstrating a Terrell Owens prima donna attitude...Has one off-field issue that needs further review...Lacks good work ethic and struggles with authority, as he does not take well to hard coaching...

The physical talent was always apparent, as were the red flags. At this point there have to be a ton of teams saying "I've seen enough, thanks."

I am ECSTATIC that you are not running an NFL team.

Moss never ran over a traffic cop please, he nudged the cop with his car (stupid none the less). By the way, here are some of Marshall's transgressions.

October, 2004: Misdemeanor charges of trespass, resisting arrest without violence, disorderly conduct, refusal to obey and assault on a police officer. (Later dismissed)

April, 2005: Retail theft of $20 bed sheets at Burlington Coat Factory. (Later dismissed)

June, 2006:Reports of domestic violence, no charges ever filed.

December, 2006:Was named as a possible cause that ultimately led to the death of cornerback Darrent Williams via drive-by shooting after spraying champagne on night club patrons.

January, 2007: Incident with his own father that reportedly included gun shots. No charges were filed.

March, 2007: Reports of domestic violence, no charges filed.

March, 2007: Arrested for false imprisonment and domestic violence, charges were later dismissed after attending anger management classes.

June, 2007: Reports of domestic violence, including an “accidental cut” on his girlfriends thigh and a rock thrown at the passenger side of her friends’ car. No charges were filed.

June, 2007: Police respond to “fight-in-progress” call and find girlfriend with noticeable bruises and scratches. No Charges filed.

October, 2007: Cited for driving under the influence, BAC of 0.116.

January, 2008: Girlfriend files for temporary restraining order, was later lifted.

March, 2008: Domestic violence call, ultimately resulting in Marshall fleeing the scene. Girlfriend would then file for another temporary restraining order.

August, 2008: Suspended for three games by the NFL. After appeal, the league reduced the suspension to one game without pay plus a fine.

September, 2008: Charged with two misdemeanor counts of simple battery as a result of the incident the previous March.

September, 2008: A year after being cited for DUI in Denver, Marshall pleaded guilty to the lesser offense of driving while ability-impaired. He was sentenced to one year of probation.

February, 2009: Became engaged to then girlfriend Michi Nogami-Campbell, a different female than the one named in the incidents above.

March, 2009: Marshall and Nogami-Campbell seen in a physical altercation. Situation is “under review” per the NFL.

I knew he had some off-the field issues but this is absurd. i'm suprised Riannahs name isn't on this. Sheesh.

I'm sure one of the reasons the Broncos are not willing to give him an extension is the pending CBA/uncapped year situation. With regard to salry structure, roster building, etc., Josh has no doubt implemented some of the philosophies in Denver that the Pats follow. So that may be reason #1.

Even if the labor situation was not as murky, if I'm Pat Bowlen, under no circumstances do I shell out a $30m signing bonus to a guy who is very talented no doubt, but is NOT a leader and is certainly NO a solid citizen who can represent my franchise with the dignity and class that I expect.

With that said, I also have no doubt that they have fielded offers for Marshall and are either holding out for something better or hope that Marshall can rehabilitate himself and contribute to the team. Even so, based in this John Gotti-esque rap sheet, I wouldn't hold out much hope for that to occur.

My .02$

Last edited:
I think the NFL needs to come down as hard as what the AFL (Australian Football) does here on it's footballers. None of this sort of behaviour is tolerated, either on or off the field. Massive fines or sanctions are handed out and the players, by and large are pretty good.

I think the NFL needs to come down as hard as what the AFL (Australian Football) does here on it's footballers. None of this sort of behaviour is tolerated, either on or off the field. Massive fines or sanctions are handed out and the players, by and large are pretty good.

Agree 100%.

How many years left on his contract?

At some point, if he's making a pittance compared to what he would on a new contract, it's smart for him to hold out and just not play. That way he doesn't have the injury risk of never getting the big payday.

Who is the person who suggested that they "franchise his ass" next year?

So a disruptive guy should be "franchised" at a cost of 9M dollars or so? Yeah, that'll show him! Mess with us and we'll make you set for life!

At some point, if he's making a pittance compared to what he would on a new contract, it's smart for him to hold out and just not play. That way he doesn't have the injury risk of never getting the big payday.

So a disruptive guy should be "franchised" at a cost of 9M dollars or so? Yeah, that'll show him! Mess with us and we'll make you set for life![/QUOTE

Agree. No way the Broncos franchise him. Not for the dollars that you stipulate.

Just heard on 98.5, that the moron is suspended indefinitely for conduct detrimental to the team. Good for Josh. He's gotta show that Marshall isn't bigger than the team.

Again, I think he inherited a lot of head cases. In the long run, the team will be better without him. The Dallas Cowboys have shown that a mixture of talent and immaturity is a recipe for disaster. Depending on Pat Bowlen's patience, McDaniels has a better shot building a winner long run to exorcise these morons from the team. Granted if Bowlens isn't patient, then the next guy will benefit.

So a disruptive guy should be "franchised" at a cost of 9M dollars or so? Yeah, that'll show him! Mess with us and we'll make you set for life!

Marshall doesn't want to be franchised. Even with his problems, he can probably get someone to give him $20-25 million guaranteed and $10 million a year (someone will be stupid enough to pay him. See TO for proof). So he will lose money by being franchised. The Broncos can either trade him to where ever they want (a team that may not mind paying the franchise tender for Marshall especially if there is no cap) or recind the tender after the big money is paid out.

Still some quality receiving talent on that team with Eddie Royal, Brandon Lloyd, Stokley, Scheffler, Gaffney, and both Patriot CJs.

I wonder if Chicago would make a trade for him: he'd be out of the Bronco's hair and he could link up with his buddy Cutler.

Just heard on 98.5, that the moron is suspended indefinitely for conduct detrimental to the team. Good for Josh. He's gotta show that Marshall isn't bigger than the team.

Again, I think he inherited a lot of head cases. In the long run, the team will be better without him. The Dallas Cowboys have shown that a mixture of talent and immaturity is a recipe for disaster. Depending on Pat Bowlen's patience, McDaniels has a better shot building a winner long run to exorcise these morons from the team. Granted if Bowlens isn't patient, then the next guy will benefit.

If you ask me, it's more than past due. It probably won't straighten him out, but something had to change.

Last edited:
They should trade Brandon Marshall straight up for Chad Ochocinco. Chad would be happy to be on a playoff contending team, and Brandon would fit in great in Cinninati. ;)

If you ask me, it's more than past due. It probably won't straighten him out, but something had to change.

at the very least it shows who is in charge here...

As goofy as Wade Phillips is, and as much as I hate Jerry Jones and everything the Cowboys stand for, you can't compare them with the trainwreck that is now officially the Denver Broncos. It really makes me wonder what was going on during Shanny's last couple of years for them to have become so dysfunctional.

Denver's bringing in someone as young (and green IMO) as McDaniels is looking that a really bad choice so far. However I do like the way McDaniels is handling this situation and agree with the poster who said that the leeway the FO gives him is going to be crucial in his ability to put the pieces back together in Denver (and keep his job).

Last edited:
As goofy as Wade Phillips is, and as much as I hate Jerry Jones and everything the Cowboys stand for, you can't compare them with the trainwreck that is now officially the Denver Broncos. It really makes me wonder what was going on during Shanny's couple of years for them to have become so dysfunctional.

Denver's bringing in someone as young (and green IMO) as McDaniels is looking that a really bad choice so far. However do like the way McDaniels is handling this situation and agree with the poster who said that the leeway the FO gives him is going to be crucial in his ability to put the pieces back together in Denver (and keep his job).

And BB's first year in Foxboro was all sunshine and puppies. . . . :rolleyes:

And BB's first year in Foxboro was all sunshine and puppies. . . . :rolleyes:

Umm....BB had light years more NFL coaching experience and pedigree than McDaniels when he came to the Pats (not to mention that he wasn't in his twenties. You're comparing the 1999 BB with McDaniels? :confused:

Umm....BB had light years more NFL coaching experience and pedigree than McDaniels when he came to the Pats (not to mention that he wasn't in his twenties. You're comparing the 1999 BB with McDaniels? :confused:

A few years back, TB was doing an interview when he mentioned he received a phone call from a friend after being drafted. The friend congradulated him and informed TB that he was on the team "experts" rated as the least likely franchise to be succesful in the 200X's.

Funny how things work out.

Besides with Royal and Moreno and Stokely; it's not like the shelves are totally bare.

Two totally different situations.

1999 Pats had an aging roster, cap issues, etc. Sure he had TG as a malcontent but what BB had was experience in a top-flight organization (Giants) and experience rebuilding a program (Browns) and the bypoduct of having those experiences, both positive & negative to draw from.

McDaniels has made some mistakes (being vocal about Cutler, etc), but IMO he has handled the Marshall situation as well as can be expected. He needs him away from this team so that he is not undermined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back