PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Do you really want Brandon Marshall on your team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As goofy as Wade Phillips is, and as much as I hate Jerry Jones and everything the Cowboys stand for, you can't compare them with the trainwreck that is now officially the Denver Broncos. It really makes me wonder what was going on during Shanny's couple of years for them to have become so dysfunctional.

Denver's bringing in someone as young (and green IMO) as McDaniels is looking that a really bad choice so far. However do like the way McDaniels is handling this situation and agree with the poster who said that the leeway the FO gives him is going to be crucial in his ability to put the pieces back together in Denver (and keep his job).

Actually, I think Dallas is much worse. Pacman Jones getting his last shot and blowing it. TO being TO. Romo not putting in the effort and more interested in dating celebrities than spending time in the film room. Back stabbing between the receiving corp and Romo, Witten, and Garrett.

The real difference between the Dallas situation and the Denver situation is that Wade Phillips has no power and Jerry Jones will allow the crap to go on eventhough he can't see that it is eating away at his team. If Cutler and Marshall were on the Cowboys, Jones would have looked the other way with their crap and they would be happy and selfish.

Believe me, if the Cowboys took the attitude that McDaniels and Xander are trying to implement in Denver, it would be like a nuclear bomb went off in Arlington, TX. There are about a dozen guys with the potential to have Cutler/Marshall types of attitudes if Jerry Jones laid down the hammer there.

Actually, I think Dallas is much worse. Pacman Jones getting his last shot and blowing it. TO being TO. Romo not putting in the effort and more interested in dating celebrities than spending time in the film room. Back stabbing between the receiving corp and Romo, Witten, and Garrett.

The real difference between the Dallas situation and the Denver situation is that Wade Phillips has no power and Jerry Jones will allow the crap to go on eventhough he can't see that it is eating away at his team. If Cutler and Marshall were on the Cowboys, Jones would have looked the other way with their crap and they would be happy and selfish.

Believe me, if the Cowboys took the attitude that McDaniels and Xander are trying to implement in Denver, it would be like a nuclear bomb went off in Arlington, TX. There are about a dozen guys with the potential to have Cutler/Marshall types of attitudes if Jerry Jones laid down the hammer there.

Agree 100% Jones enables. His philosophy is that it is the FOs responsibility to acquire the talent and the coach's to integrate those players into a/the team concept.

Last edited:
Christ, my 17 year old players are more mature than that.

Christ, my 17 year old players are more mature than that.

What's funny is that Broncos fans are blaming McDaniels even after Marshall has said that his problems with the team started before McDaniels was even on the team.

I hope Tanny and Ryan outbid Jerry, and then give him a huge new contract. Josh is running out of draft picks to hand over to BB.

What's funny is that Broncos fans are blaming McDaniels even after Marshall has said that his problems with the team started before McDaniels was even on the team.

There's also a few of "our own" blaming Josh for the situation. It's clear now what McDaniels is trying to deal with, spoilt prima donnas who think they run the show. That included Cutler. You can't win with guys like this in the long term and the new regime is proving why. Something happens they don't like they go crying to mummy......or mommy ;)

I personally hope it happens in Denver for Josh, it's a tough situation he's walked into in his first HC job and Denver is going to be a team in transition. Fans need to realise that, be patient with that fact and time will tell wether McDaniels leadership is good enough. If it is, those very fans will be crying out for his autograph and calling him the next great coach in the NFL.

Last edited:
LOL....

prob is, mcdaniels didnt think Cutler was NFL material......we ALL know that on the field, Brandon marshall IS nfl material....so he prob doesnt want to just trade him away

unfortunately though, with that type of behavior, McDaniel really needs to show Marshall whos boss....and if brandon still doesnt get it, get rid of him

Trade him to SF for the rights to Crabtree.

the first ever B!TCH for B!TCH swap in NFL history.

I think McDaniels has done a very poor job in Denver, they had the potential to be one of the most explosive offenses this season when he took over.

They have one of the best offensive lines, they had a great young QB in Cutler, no matter what anyone thinks. And they had two threats at wide reciever with Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal.

They might of even been able to get Knowshon Moreno with their first round pick in this years draft so they would of filled their running back position with the player they wanted.

But now their left with a poor QB in Orton and an upset wide reciever. This puts more pressure on Eddie Royal and Knowshon Moreno as they are now the main weapons on offense butb lack the experience to be the #1 option on offense.

Denver looked great going into the offseason but for whatever reasons, McDaniels or someone in the Denver front office has screwed up because if they kept everything in checked and didn't screw about on whatever it was with Cutler, they would of been a great offensive team.

If they had kept everyone and added McDaniels offensives attributes from the coaching standpoint, they would of been very entertaining to watch.

Whoever is to blame for what has happened in Denver, they've ruined a good thing. Weather it's McDaniels, or someone in the front office or Cutler himself. I was looking forward to seeing Denver this season when they announced McDaniels as their head coach.

As for taking Marshall, for the Pats, I would do it in a heartbeat. He might have issues but he has talent and in the right enviourment, he could blossom into a better player, see Randy Moss.

As for taking Marshall, for the Pats, I would do it in a heartbeat. He might have issues but he has talent and in the right enviourment, he could blossom into a better player, see Randy Moss.

Willie Andrews says hi.

I think McDaniels has done a very poor job in Denver, they had the potential to be one of the most explosive offenses this season when he took over.

They have one of the best offensive lines, they had a great young QB in Cutler, no matter what anyone thinks. And they had two threats at wide reciever with Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal.

They might of even been able to get Knowshon Moreno with their first round pick in this years draft so they would of filled their running back position with the player they wanted.

But now their left with a poor QB in Orton and an upset wide reciever. This puts more pressure on Eddie Royal and Knowshon Moreno as they are now the main weapons on offense butb lack the experience to be the #1 option on offense.

Denver looked great going into the offseason but for whatever reasons, McDaniels or someone in the Denver front office has screwed up because if they kept everything in checked and didn't screw about on whatever it was with Cutler, they would of been a great offensive team.

If they had kept everyone and added McDaniels offensives attributes from the coaching standpoint, they would of been very entertaining to watch.

Whoever is to blame for what has happened in Denver, they've ruined a good thing. Weather it's McDaniels, or someone in the front office or Cutler himself. I was looking forward to seeing Denver this season when they announced McDaniels as their head coach.

Denver was 8-8 last season, and would have been 7-9 without the Hochuli screw up. There was no 'good thing' ruined, and that team didn't look great heading into the offseason.

Please stop. Why is it that people cannot differentiate between guys like Moss and guys like TO and Brandon Marshall?

Remember what Pioli said? "We are not collecting talented players. We are building a team."

Coaching and running a team requires discipline. Insubordination is about the worst fault you could have as a player. It undermines everything and coaches and GMs know it.

It's a business. Marshall is doing what is best for him. He has clearly outperformed his contract and deserves to be paid like the rest. He asked nicely for an extension and the Broncos declined. He asked for a trade and the Broncos declined. So why are they keeping Marshall?
Because other teams haven't offered much of anything.

Either the guy is a top 5 WR or he isn't.

If he is, then he should easily get a first round pick, maybe what Dallas gave for Roy Williams.

If no team is willing to cough up a first round pick, it is time to say he is not worth top 5 money.

Umm....BB had light years more NFL coaching experience and pedigree than McDaniels when he came to the Pats (not to mention that he wasn't in his twenties. You're comparing the 1999 BB with McDaniels? :confused:

McDaniels is 33.

Anyone who wants to liken the notoriously lazy Brandom Marshall to Randy Moss needs to watch this series of videos:

YouTube - The Real Randy Moss - Part 1 - From The Moss Method

Mind you, these were all shot while he was in Oakland, back when the perception of him was so bad that he was only worth a 4th round pick.

ps. you guys wouldnt imagine how many bronco fans, still bitter by the cutler trade, are blaming this situation on mcdaniels as well. theres a lot of supposed fans who hate anything and everything mcdaniels.

That's all I saw from their fans on CBS Sportsline. They're either blaming Josh or cussing out Pat Bowlen for hiring him and firing Shanahan. Oh how the mighty have fallen. ;)

Yeah, Shanahan won back-to-back Super Bowls... 10 years ago.

As for Marshall, personally I'd like to see him get a suspension like T.O. got in Philly. That won't happen though since the NFLPA made the owners agree not to do that anymore.

That's all I saw from their fans on CBS Sportsline. They're either blaming Josh or cussing out Pat Bowlen for hiring him and firing Shanahan. Oh how the mighty have fallen. ;)

Yeah, Shanahan won back-to-back Super Bowls... 10 years ago.

As for Marshall, personally I'd like to see him get a suspension like T.O. got in Philly. That won't happen though since the NFLPA made the owners agree not to do that anymore.

They can suspend him for 4 games. What made this unusual was the fact that 2 of those games would have been preseason and, therefore, no real inconvenience to Marshall. It's no coincidence that he'll be back for week 1. If he screws up again, he'll lose 4 games and 1/4 of his salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes