PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Derrick Morgan arrested in Georgia

Status
Not open for further replies.
My license was suspended without my knowledge for not paying an out of state speeding ticket that I was unaware of. I think I realized it a few months later when I went to renew my license. Luckily I wasn't pulled over or in an accident during that time. That was when I lived in RI.

Sounds like something out of Brotherhood

Sounds like something out of Brotherhood

This sort of thing is going to happen more often moving forward. The use of cameras at intersections pretty much guarantees it.

This sort of thing is going to happen more often moving forward. The use of cameras at intersections pretty much guarantees it.

You're a Floridian, are you not? Did you hear what Palm Beach's "illustrious" mayor Lois Frankel did, and got caught for because of said cameras? At least she donated the fine amount to charity.

You're a Floridian, are you not? Did you hear what Palm Beach's "illustrious" mayor Lois Frankel did, and got caught for because of said cameras? At least she donated the fine amount to charity.

I lived in Florida for years, before recently moving back north. I'm hoping to get back down to Florida, but it'll likely be a while before that happens.

And, yes, I loved that happening down there. I can't begin to tell you how much I hate the cameras.

As someone who's prosecuted DWLS charges, I can tell you that there are many ways for you to end up with a suspended license without knowing about it.
You're a practitioner of the law? Hmmm.... Al Pacino type of lawyer or Keanu Reeves type of lawyer?

Last edited:

Yea, the ability of just a camera + computer to generate something that can result in a suspended license/traffic warrant is just insane. Where I live, camera tickets, like parking tickets, never result in a true arrest warrant. No actual driver around to sign a summons, no arrest warrant (as it should be). But I wonder how they do it in places like CA where they get an actual picture of the driver?

Back on topic, it's quite a stretch for someone to say we made the right decision on Morgan partly because of a speeding suspended license/speeding ticket he got.

BB had no problem drafting Aaron Hernandez

so much for this thread

Back on topic, it's quite a stretch for someone to say we made the right decision on Morgan partly because of a speeding suspended license/speeding ticket he got.

I disagree. I had a suspended license and the Patriots made a great choice by not drafting me, too.

While that may be true, he still would have needed to have done something that would trigger the suspension. In that case, he should have had a reasonable expectation that there would be a problem if he was pulled over.

The 'I had no idea/I was never notified' excuse is truthful about as often as 'the check is in the mail' is.

Obviously there is a chance that Morgan had no idea, or there was no reason that he should have suspected there was a problem. However, I think that's very unlikely. There's a much higher probability that he either did know or should have known, in which case that shows poor judgement and decision making skills.

That's not unlikely at all, not paying tickets you don't know you never had, can result in a suspended license. I actually have known a couple of people who had suspended driving licenses and had no idea that it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft