PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Deadspin releases photos of Greg Hardy's victim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, WTF is wrong with people? He kicked the **** out of her, threatened to kill her, and was convicted. But she's somehow to blame. Jesus.

Rooting for the same team is swell and all, but there are some lowlife posters here I wouldn't spit on if they were on fire in real life.

Because she is a GOLD DIGGER, remember? Jeez, get with the times man, she obviously instigated and manipulated poor Greg Hardy into being thrown around against objects like a basketball and bashed like a piñata, so that she could collect that ca$h! :rolleyes:

Wow Jerry Jones doubles down. Americas Team. Yea right.
CTLFYJyVAAA-8ta.jpg:large

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 5m5 minutes ago
#Cowboys owner Jerry Jones released a statement on Greg Hardy saying they were aware of the seriousness of it all

My translation of Jones statement: "We know exactly who Greg Hardy is, but he is really good at hitting people on a football field, so go f*ck yourselves"

This case could have still gone to court. Witnesses were available, the photos, 911 log sheet etc... Not sure why the DA backed down.

Only reason I can assume is that Hardy's defense puts her on the stand and recants her prior testimony....

Gotta assume having an alleged victim say that, "I fell" under oath submarines the prosecution's case big time.

Bad reputation?? Far from an angel?? What you know about her that no one else does?

Listen man, I don't know in what universe does a girl deserve to literally be beaten head to toe by a guy that a foot taller and we'll over 100lbs more than her.

Yo I get it. Some girls do like to play the victim card, but this, this isn't one of them..

And good for her for taking a settlement. I just hope she's getting paid well over the 7 figure range. She didn't deserve to be going through the ringer, and having people like you judge her cuz she was dating a ball player. You know she was getting threats from Panthers fans right?

Dude i didn't say that but i have a problem with her being a crying victim and taking 10 million to make it go away. That's what they say she took. Seriously come on now. She should have taken the guy to court period!!!

Dude i didn't say that but i have a problem with her being a crying victim and taking 10 million to make it go away. That's what they say she took. Seriously come on now. She should have taken the guy to court period!!!

I don't. I hope she did get $10M.

And shes def not the only one that wanted to make this go away. If these pics came out before Hardy signed a contract, hed be black balled.

This is very easy for you to say, right? Unless, of course, you are yourself the victim of domestic abuse, you are blindly grasping straws regarding this woman's motives/situation.

I would advise against traveling further down this path, because your stance is becoming more putrid with each successive post.

And shes def not the only one that wanted to make this go away. If these pics came out before Hardy signed a contract, hed be black balled.

I feel bad for real victims. She gets no sympathy from me. Sorry. If she was woman enough then she would proceed to put his butt in jail.

I don't want to put words in your mouth, but is your reasoning for this that Ray Rice was blackballed after the video? Because if Ray Rice could play he would be playing. He was done as a player before that incident. Greg Hardy is one of the top players at one of the most valuable positions in the league.

This is very easy for you to say, right?

Unless, of course, you are the victim of domestic abuse, then I would advise against traveling further down this path, because your stance is becoming more putrid with each successive post.

My sister was a victim and the guy's in jail. He would have been dead if he was out on streets. I know first hand

My sister was a victim and the guy's in jail. He would have been dead if he was out on streets. I know first hand

I am sorry for the situation that your sister and your family had to go through. I can not even begin to comprehend the emotions and turmoil behind it.

Be that as it may, the woman here was up against a high profile POS who had the clout to make her life a living Hell if she chose to fight him in court. I am not saying that this is indeed how it would have unfolded. Only that I can understand why she would take the money and disappear.

I am sorry for the situation that your sister and your family had to go through. I can not even begin to comprehend the emotions and turmoil behind it.

Be that as it may, the woman here was up against a high profile POS who had the clout to make her life a living Hell if she chose to fight him in court. I am not saying that this is indeed how it would have unfolded. Only that I can understand why she would take the money and disappear.

Well maybe i can understand it. She doesn't want her life out in the open. We can both agree that hardy's a pos!!! He will get what's coming to him.

I don't want to put words in your mouth, but is your reasoning for this that Ray Rice was blackballed after the video? Because if Ray Rice could play he would be playing. He was done as a player before that incident. Greg Hardy is one of the top players at one of the most valuable positions in the league.

Elijah i do feel Rice has been black balled because of the video. Not that he deserves sympathy, but i feel he became the face of domestic abuse, and undeservedly so considering the league been dealing with that issues for years.

I know Rice was showing signs of wearing down, but he was still better then some RB out there. Trent Richardson was on a roster last year, and he was terrible.

Only reason I can assume is that Hardy's defense puts her on the stand and recants her prior testimony....

Gotta assume having an alleged victim say that, "I fell" under oath submarines the prosecution's case big time.

I asked him about that and he said that happens a lot. The victim will have a change of heart because she fears the unknown. If it's her husband and he is the main bread winner, or a good father or fears for her life etc.. etc..she may recant her testimony. But if there is evidence that shows otherwise such as photos, witnesses, 911 calls, and police reports etc.. he will continue with the prosecution and try to convince the victim to testify by assuring her that he will get him into mandatory counseling if convicted which will benefit the whole family.

He also said that each state can handle these cases differently.

What happened to her was awful but a real woman goes after the perpetrator and doesn't get bought

That is simply not true at all. Domestic Violence cases are extremely complex and there are years of studies that explain why victims of DV act the way they do.

http://www.aele.org/law/2009all04/2009-04MLJ501.pdf

There could be multiple reasons why she took the money.

1. Afraid for her life she felt it was the safest option to take the money so she had the finances to get the hell out of town.
2. She was angry and afraid so she took the money to get back at him but was too afraid to testify.

3. She knew he was going to lawyer up and thought she would lose so she took what she could get so that he at least paid a minimal penalty for what he did to her.

Her actions are not unique. The victim often will recant their testimony for various reasons.

I feel bad for real victims. She gets no sympathy from me. Sorry. If she was woman enough then she would proceed to put his butt in jail.
Unfortunately (and this is a sad statement on society) there wasn't a chance that would happen. The actual sentence he received after being found guilty in the bench trial was 18 months probation and a suspended 60 day jail sentence.

So in other words, the very worst case scenario for Greg Hardy results in no jail time for this offense.

Last edited:
What is nuts is that people will protest dogs getting beaten and killed but they let crap like this pass.

The sensitivity to and prosecution of animal cruelty keeps a lot more people from getting brutalized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes