PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Deadspin releases photos of Greg Hardy's victim

Status
Not open for further replies.
The arbitrator cut it to 4 ... not goodell.
Harold Henderson needs to be in the news regarding these photos.

Wait a second....you think it was GOODELL who cut Hardy's suspensiom from 10 games down to 4????

That wasn't goodell's decision. That was an arbiters decision.

As we know all to well, Goodell has the power to appoint himself arbiter in any arbitration hearing, as well as the power to turn it over to an "independent" arbiter. If Goodell really wanted to take a stand on domestic violence, he would have done so here. Instead of appointing himself, he called his fall guy and put him in charge. He then doubled down on his fantasy land fiasco and is currently fighting the good fight in federal court.

#Integrity

As we know all to well, Goodell has the power to appoint himself arbiter in any arbitration hearing, as well as the power to turn it over to an "independent" arbiter. If Goodell really wanted to take a stand on domestic violence, he would have done so here. Instead of appointing himself, he called his fall guy and put him in charge. He then doubled down on his fantasy land fiasco and is currently fighting the good fight in federal court.

#Integrity
It was cut down because of the CBA. Obviously we all think the fights Goodell chooses are stupid, but even if he decided to make it a million games it would have just been overturned in court like Brady, and then he would have had to serve zero games.

The Cowboys can do something, the Panthers did do something, but there's really nothing the NFL can do here that will stand up if challenged.

It was cut down because of the CBA. Obviously we all think the fights Goodell chooses are stupid, but even if he decided to make it a million games it would have just been overturned in court like Brady, and then he would have had to serve zero games.

The Cowboys can do something, the Panthers did do something, but there's really nothing the NFL can do here that will stand up if challenged.

And you think Goodell really thought he could get away with a 4 game suspension for Brady? It was a PR stunt to keep the NFLPA from having to go to bat for this scumbag, while throwing the "independent arbitrator" under the bus once the media wakes up.

Framegate excluded, I would actually have respect for what is clearly the worst commisioner in US professional sports in the last few decades if he put his foot down and forced Hardy to play it out in court.

But no, this spineless piece of **** decided it was better to fabricate a PR stunt framing the most dominating franchise the league has seen (taking into account salary cap era) rather than at least standing up for what is right, or you know, showing some semblance of "integrity" they love to harp on so much.

What happened to all those domestic violence commercials? I guess they died a swift death after the SB, the money to pay Ted Wells has to come from somewhere.

It'll be really interesting to see how both NFL fans and Cowboy fans react to this.

It's weird this was released on a Friday afternoon. That's an NFL move when they try to bury bad press (so like, every Friday).

At this point I could see such a huge backlash against Jerry Jones and the Cowboys, and again against the league. I could see Goodell doing the same thing he did with Ray Rice and try to find a reason to suspend Hardy again. I could see the Cowboys backpedaling and cutting Hardy once they see the backlash. I could see Goodell going after the Patriots for something to distract everyone.

There is definitely more to come on this story.

Imagine if Hardy would of had to take this to federal court? Can anyone see Kessler taking this case? What Berman or any other judge's reaction would of been? The NFL reduced the suspension because they didn't want this getting out. Arbitrater my ass.

I understand that this is supposed to change people's opinions, since it's one thing to hear that something happened and something else entirely to see the effects of it. But in this case, the description was so detailed and terrible that it painted the picture pretty well from the get-go, IMO. Seeing this pictures doesn't really change my opinion of Hardy, mostly because my opinion of him was already really, really low.

I think Hardy's a despicable person, and deserves the worst of whatever's coming for him. At the same time, I'm not a big fan of the NFL's approach to discipline based on off-field conduct. For people who think he wasn't adequately punished, IMO the appropriate target is the judicial system, not the league. In general, I find this whole narrative that the NFL needs to punish players because the court system 'moves too slow' or 'sometimes lets criminals go free' is pretty unnerving.

I have never had as much contempt for Jerry Jones as I do now.

Yes but you need to add the judicial system of North Carolina as well. Holder backed out (read: bought off) they still chose not to prosecute.

I wish she had just had a sliver more courage to face this guy and put him away. Getting paid was the easy way out. I get it and how she feels but...........just damn sad.

Disgusting.

So does Jerry still consider that POS a "leader" of his team? I hate the NFL. They truly only care about money.

This story bothers me on many levels and not quite sure how I fell about it.... What Hardy did is obviously reprehensible and there is no way he should be allowed to play in the NFL but at the same time this stuff should never have been leaked. From the story it says the NFL had access to these pictures so IMO it's obvious they leaked this information. We can't despise the NFL for leaking info about the Pats then encourage them to leak this kind of information. Even if it was the police or prosecutors who leaked this information it's an even worse look. Nobody should be entitled to play in the NFL but everyone should have the same rights when it comes to the legal system regardless of how you feel about that person. Just because this was Greg Hardy shouldn't change anything but obviously the narrative is completely different.... Just a thought!
You set up a straw man based on your unsubstantiated opinion and then proceed to state your outrage. It's a bad though.

WOW! It is pretty horrifying to find out that Goodell had these photos and his reaction was to cut his suspension from 10 games to 4? While almost at the same time, he was refusing to lower Brady's suspension to a crime where there was no evidence of a crime. Is your mind ready to explode yet. :eek:

BTW- Lest we forget. The NFL had pictures and evidence of Ben Rothlessberger's rape charge that were equally chilling and decisive., That's why he got suspended even though he wasn't charged with a crime, because the woman wouldn't cooperate afterward.

She decided it wasn't worth it, because she knew SHE would be the one attacked on the stand, and threatened by Steeler fans. IIRC her name never become public and she too came to a "settlement" with Ben. I hope she is doing well
To be fair, HE didn't cut the suspension, and independent arbiter did, based on the league retroactively using a policy to punish him that wasn't in effect at the time of the incident.

Arbitrator Harold Henderson - pond scum.
HaroldHenderson.jpg
I'm pretty sure if he hadn't ruled that way, Hardy's team would have taken the league to court and gotten the same result. It's a hard sell to punish based on a policy that didn't exiist at the time of the offense.
Of course that doesn't answer why GD was so willing to let this one go to an independent arbiter and not fight it in court given his stance with TB.

It'll be really interesting to see how both NFL fans and Cowboy fans react to this.

It's weird this was released on a Friday afternoon. That's an NFL move when they try to bury bad press (so like, every Friday).

Normally, yes, but this basically guarantees that it'll be talked about it on Sunday. . . .

After the first person that informed me it was the arbiter who lowered Hardy's suspension, I got the message. The next 3 were redundant, but appreciated....sort of. ;)

“Yo, we play football, injuries happen, just rub some dirt on it but if a football is deflated, it will never heal on its own. so....."

I understand that this is supposed to change people's opinions, since it's one thing to hear that something happened and something else entirely to see the effects of it. But in this case, the description was so detailed and terrible that it painted the picture pretty well from the get-go, IMO. Seeing this pictures doesn't really change my opinion of Hardy, mostly because my opinion of him was already really, really low.

I think Hardy's a despicable person, and deserves the worst of whatever's coming for him. At the same time, I'm not a big fan of the NFL's approach to discipline based on off-field conduct. For people who think he wasn't adequately punished, IMO the appropriate target is the judicial system, not the league. In general, I find this whole narrative that the NFL needs to punish players because the court system 'moves too slow' or 'sometimes lets criminals go free' is pretty unnerving.

I agree with you in general but the NFL has established a strange thing called the "personal conduct policy" so while it does make sense that the individual team should decide who represents them, in the case of the NFL they have taken up that responsibility as well.

To be fair, HE didn't cut the suspension, and independent arbiter did, based on the league retroactively using a policy to punish him that wasn't in effect at the time of the incident.

That word does not mean what you think it means.

Goodell hand-picked the arbitrator.

Listen the pictures are enough. Maybe she didn't want a bad reputation to be exposed. I think she's far from an angel but hardy deserves to be out of the league
Come on, man. Quit kicking the victim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick