PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Dallas To Stick With McCarthy

They probably knew Bill wasn't going there. Jerry would never step aside even though they'd probably win a SB.

Is there a world will Bill doesn’t get a job this year?

BB should just retire. Going to Atlanta would be sadly beneath him. It would require too much work especially at his age and serve neither the franchise's interests nor his own.

yBYiaAs.jpg

Dallas is going to have to cut a lot of people this offseason, probably Michael Gallup and Brandon Cooks. They probably will go heavy WR in the draft.

No surprise from me either. His QB picked a really bad time to have a really bad game... at home no less...

What was more surprising to me was how poorly his defense played throughout the game... Makes ya wonder if that side of the ball sees attrition from its coaching ranks...

Another one and done, at best, is in dallas's future.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Hey maybe they need to fulfill the dumb old fat white guy who does not know how to coach quota.

Not his fault. The DC blew the game. Jerry didn't draft any run stoppers either.

Not his fault. The DC blew the game. Jerry didn't draft any run stoppers either.
Are we talking about the same team? Top 5 defense in yards allowed. Funny to now say the defense sucks. Maybe the coach, whose job it is to get the team ready to play, just **** the bed for this most important game of the season.

Are we talking about the same team? Top 5 defense in yards allowed. Funny to now say the defense sucks. Maybe the coach, whose job it is to get the team ready to play, just **** the bed for this most important game of the season.
They were soft versus the run all season. Small interior DL. Undersized linebackers. Packers knew this and ran the ball down their throat. If you're surprised they are keeping McCarthy then you haven't paid attention. ****ing Jason Garrett was head coach for 10 years.

Bill better call Arthur Blank and say he wants the job unless he wants to spend the season on his boat.

Is there a world will Bill doesn’t get a job this year?
No because I think he has the Falcons job if he wants it. But I think some Pats fans will be surprised by how much lighter the market is for a 72 year old who demands full control and is coming off 4 mediocre years. The Falcons and Blank really want Bill because Blank is getting up there in age and he's never really taken a big swing at a preemium name.

But the Commanders and Chargers have basically all but said they aren't that interested. Which makes sense. The Commanders will take a rookie QB and Herbert's young. They want someone who is going to be their longterm coach of the next 10 years, not a quick fix to get over the hump now.

If the Eagles fire Sirianni I could see that. Troy Aikman made a good point today though. A few years ago they fired Garrett with the same rational that there was a Super Bowl winning HC on the market who they thought had the credibility to get the team over the hump. So to get Belichick, they would essentially just be admitting that thought process failed and then going down the same path. Now some people might say "well there's a huge difference between Bill Belichick and Mike McCarthy". Which is true on paper. However, in practicality, Mike McCarthy's last few years on the Packers before he came to Dallas and even his recent tenure in Dallas, are actually significantly better than Bills last few years on the Patriots. So on top of everything else, you kind of have to hire Bill over a guy outperforming him right now based on the vague notion that he MIGHT revert back to the guy he was over 5 years ago.... That's a lot to make Jerry Jones want to make a change.

I think Bill ends up on the Falcons and like Brady when he left, it's likely the team he ends up on is really the only one or one of two seriously courting him.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back