PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Chiefs punished for tampering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Tagliabue talked about how this is not what to do.....Rather than trying to be consistent, single out one franchise for a supposed violation and crush them. Tagliabue talked about it was more important to be proactive and prevent violations rather than trying to make a big show.

I doubt the Chiefs did any more than many other teams did....But, they get singled out. Steph Stradley also suggested this was why all teams' fan should be bothered by deflategate.

Sigh.

Ellll OHHHH ELLL

What about the Dolphins? Everyone knew long before FA opened that they were going to sign Suh

Ahh but that would interfere with rule #1, to **** the Patriots... Taking picks from the Dolphins just increases the Patriots odds, so we'll let that one slide...

Funny how the only thing that's been transparent since Rog promised transparency are his biases. Pretty obvious they delayed this penalty a year so fewer people would notice that they got hit 10x harder than the Jets for the same infraction during the same off season.

On the topic of transparency, where is the league's evidence of tampering? When the Patriots are involved, all we heard was how the public is entitled to see the evidence or Brady not turning over his personal phone is a sign of guilt. So, if the NFL doesn't lay out their case against the Chiefs publicly, if they refuse to reveal this information, the Bart Hubbuch's and Gregg Doyel's of the world are going to call them on it, right?

So stupid. What about all the other teams who were "tampering" early last year? Dolphins with Suh? Eagles with Maxwell? Several more. What about all the teams clearly doing it this year?

That was just a day or two before FA began though. Even worse was in mid-December, the Jets tampered with Revis, yet they only got a $100k fine. Not only did the Cheifs get a total of $350k in fines, they also lost a 3rd and 6th.

That's the NYFL for you!
Because the Chiefs have been playing well recently. They don't punish average teams. Parity in all of it's glory.:(

*11-5. If the Kansas City Cheats don't cheat maybe oline is well rested and we win SB :rolleyes: cheaters!!!!

That's great...but who are the Chefs?

Hey our 3rd round draft pick(s) {and beyond} just moved up by one!

How do we know the Chiefs didn't tamper in that 2014 MNF disaster? We don't know and we shouldn't have to wonder.

There's nothing "meaningless" about fighting back. You want them to roll over so you can use it to justify Kraft's inaction.
Right, because maybe Roger the arbitrator will overrule Roger the commissioners punishment and everyone will live happily ever after.
goodell appeal.jpg

Unfortunately we're all going to have to sit back and wait for him to piss off owner after owner until they collectively finally have enough of his BS and jettison him. Hunt has voiced his displeasure and his appeal will might get him a touch of leniency. Maybe.

If you think for one second Roger would have gave us back that 1st if Kraft appealed you're living in a fantasy world. Kraft *****ed about it but conceded in the hopes Roger would have given Brady a break. He didn't.

To many people, to me, are more interested in posturing than results. I don't see it that way. Soap box bravado doesn't impress me.

Right, because maybe Roger the arbitrator will overrule Roger the commissioners punishment and everyone will live happily ever after.
View attachment 12412

Unfortunately we're all going to have to sit back and wait for him to piss off owner after owner until they collectively finally have enough of his BS and jettison him. Hunt has voiced his displeasure and his appeal will might get him a touch of leniency. Maybe.

If you think for one second Roger would have gave us back that 1st if Kraft appealed you're living in a fantasy world. Kraft *****ed about it but conceded in the hopes Roger would have given Brady a break. He didn't.

To many people, to me, are more interested in posturing than results. I don't see it that way. Soap box bravado doesn't impress me.
I personally think if enough teams at least ***** to the media enough, and get these inconsistencies out to the public, it will help sway people's perception of Goodell's true intentions. You can already see a slow growing anti- Goodell movement starting among the media

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST