PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Browns release Derek Andersen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to post this but members here would say who cares about the backup QB position when we have so many other holes.

I do think Andersen would be the best option behind Brady and I would be less worried if he came in if Brady got injured but there are teams like Oakland who may look at his more than we would.

I was going to post this but members here would say who cares about the backup QB position when we have so many other holes.

I do think Andersen would be the best option behind Brady and I would be less worried if he came in if Brady got injured but there are teams like Oakland who may look at his more than we would.
Please, don't go there. Anderson is HORRIBLE, I would take half of Brian Hoyer over this guy. It's not about having other needs, it's about Anderson sucking.

I think he would be a a fine backup, but I think someone else would be willing to pay him more than he's worth. I just found it interesting because of the one season he had in Cleveland and the whole QB mess they've got going on. As a Browns fan I wouldn't feel a whole lot more confident going into the 2010 season with Senca Wallace and Brady Quinn as the QB's. I do believe Holmgren will make a move some where and how much say Tubby Ratfink actually has?:rolleyes:

Please, don't go there. Anderson is HORRIBLE, I would take half of Brian Hoyer over this guy. It's not about having other needs, it's about Anderson sucking.

Andersen was good at one time and won some games for the Brownies,I will agree he has fallen on hard times but he does have what it takes to play but has been missing something last year.

5,400 yards passing in 2 seasons (2007-2008) and a pro bowl bid in 2007 says he is not as bad as you think,just last year was not his best

Then again is Brady Quinn that much better over there?

Last edited:
What's wrong with Hoyer at backup?

Andersen was good at one time and won some games for the Brownies,I will agree he has fallen on hard times but he does have what it takes to play but has been missing something last year.
The Browns had a good half season with him but his accuracy sucks. He could chuck the ball downfield to Moss and hope but short of that I don't think he could move the ball for us.

What's wrong with Hoyer at backup?

Nothing...until, god forbid he is a starter. He looked fine in the limited action he saw, but I wouldn't mind seeing another QB with a little experience brought in as well. Andersen wouldn't be bad for the vet minimum, but not much more.

The Browns had a good half season with him but his accuracy sucks. He could chuck the ball downfield to Moss and hope but short of that I don't think he could move the ball for us.

Actually I may be of the minority but if the team wants a real cheap QB,My first pick would be Jeff Garcia...even at 39

Actually I may be of the minority but if the team wants a real cheap QB,My first pick would be Jeff Garcia...even at 39
As Belichick was willing to go with Hoyer as a rookie with Brady coming off knee surgery I see no reason he wouldn't go with Hoyer as a second year player with Brady a year removed from surgery.

As Belichick was willing to go with Hoyer as a rookie with Brady coming off knee surgery I see no reason he wouldn't go with Hoyer as a second year player with Brady a year removed from surgery.

Agreed, if we want to take on another QB to develop and later trade for loot BB would be better off with one of many UFA's that will be on the market as opposed to damaged goods like Anderson.

I think backup QB IS one of the holes. The argument would be we may want to fill it with a day 2 (I guess that is now day 3?) pick so if it works we can have the spot filled for next to no cap costs for 3-4 years.

When I saw Hoyer play, I thought he had a lot of potential. He's a great backup for now.

What a clusterf@ck the Browns are.

This guy should go to Denver. I can see McD turning him into a good QB.

Browns just won't admit they made a mistake with taking Quinn...now they are stuck with him for another year.

Any chance they blow it again and try to snag a QB with their first round draft pick?

he would be a good back up but im sure any QB will be a good back with moss and welker, to throw to.

bottom line. Hoyer, is the man.

I like him . Dont fool me, hes is way better than Hoyer

He'd be a terrific back up for #12, but I'm more than happy with Hoyer.

Someone will get some value with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore