PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Brian Cushing wins Defensive ROY

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd definitely go Woodson over Revis for DPOY.

Woodson has had a fine season but I see the Packers secondary as stronger than the Jets secondary - Revis has taken that secondary to a new level and reminds me alot of Ty Law's first few seasons.

Haven't seen Cushing blitzing as often as you make out if I'm honest (although clearly I've not seen a whole load of the Texans). If anything he's the one that's been dropping back into the passing lanes from what I've seen. His all round game has been exceptional - pass rushing, run defense and pass coverage.

What he has to do with us though? Will people be questioning why we didn't Draft Ndamukong Suh or Eric Berry this time next year?

Just like why people are why we didnt draft Aaron Curry or Jason Smith right:rolleyes:.

Woodson has had a fine season but I see the Packers secondary as stronger than the Jets secondary - Revis has taken that secondary to a new level and reminds me alot of Ty Law's first few seasons.

Darren Sharper all day!

God, we could have had Matthews AND Lauranitis, the thought of that just made me sick to my stomach (in fact, it's just re-visiting my stomach sickness from late April 2009 watching the draft). BB has really outsmarted himself too many times in the draft lately. If you keep trading down, you miss out on elite talent, and settle for MORE mediocre picks. Not saying Butler or Chung won't be good, but Matthews and Lauranitis are ALREADY good, and can be great. Add Matthews and Lauranitis to this defense, and we are SB contenders (not pretenders). Enough with the trading down, make the god damned picks !

You stole my words my friend. You are absolutely correct. Can you imagine a LB core of (Matthews, Laurinaitis, Mayo, Tully/Guyton) ? I've been saying it for months now. Ofcourse the BB apologists will try to tell you otherwise. But I don't buy it. It was poor stategy to pass on stud LB's like this. Even Rey-Rey another LB that BB could have drafted and he passed on him not ONCE, BUT TWICE !!!!!!!!!! I'm sick over it..........

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back