PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ot: Bills sign Michael Buchanan

Status
Not open for further replies.

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Liked him but not surprised the Pats moved on...their clock probably ran out on him. Too bad.

I'll be surprised if he makes the Bills roster.

I think we all had hopes he could give solid contribution on the DE rotation to relief a little for CJ and Ninko but he didn't. Time to move on to new rookies.

I think Buchanan's ceiling was always likely to be ST stalwart and some reps on the D-line.

One guy i'll be watching closely this year is Zach Moore (much higher ceiling) - he is probably going to have to produce something early to stave off the influx of d-line rooks.

All part of the Rex nefarious plot to steal our D playbook.. .what evil lurks in the mind of Rexy???

Good situation for him. Pretty much anyone with a pulse can look effective playing in Jerry Hughes' spot, so if Hughes gets injured and he's next man up he could make himself a lot of money in FA.

Plus, I think he was really held back here because he frequently went too high on the QB (drawing 15 yard penalties), and he gave up gap integrity and opened up running lanes while going after the QB. It's likely that Rex will care less about both of these issues.

I can already imagine a scenario where Hughes gets hurt, and Buchanan steps in on a rotational basis, has a couple of nice flashy sacks while continuing to exhibit the flaws that kept him off the field here. Then a bunch of people go nuts thinking that Belichick screwed up by cutting him because he can do the one thing he does well pretty decently when the opposing OL is paying basically no attention to him. Can we just agree now not to do that?

Last edited:
He has no chance for playing time on that defensive line.

Wait a second. Rex is doing it again.

The last two years Rex brought in Sudfeld, Cunningham, and Ras IR Dowling.

Never change, Rex. :D

Good luck to the kid. He worked hard in Foxboro.

Rex still after BB's rejects......No wonder Ryan is always a bridesmaid and never a bride. :rolleyes:

Jermaine Cunningham school of free agency.

And the Texans apparently signed Brandon Deaderick.

Good luck to both Buchanan and Deaderick. I liked both, and both worked hard in New England.

It's interesting how the defensive end position is solid with Ninkovich and Chandler Jones, two talented players who are versatile against the run and the pass. Newcomers Grissom, Sheard, and Flowers are listed as defensive ends but all smaller than either Buchanan or Deaderick. They bring more speed to the outside, and have the potential to move to LB where needed. When Mayo and Hightower are 100% the front seven is going to be able come at QBs from anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results