PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Any arguments as to why we should not want the Texans to win tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Whoever wins this game will be one game back of the Pats

I would think just about every member of Pats Nation wants Manning beaten and humbled tonight

Anyone with a reason why you DON'T want the Texans to win tonight?

The only reason I could see someone wanting the Colts to win is because we don't have a game with the Texans this year and do have a game with the Colts where we could win and go up comfortably on tiebreakers but we don't have that luxury of stopping the Texans via head to head should they win consistently down the road.

I can't think of any other reason but to wish the worst to Indianapolis tonight.

Houston Wins in an upset over an injury riddled Indy Offense and sweeps the series,time for a change in the South Division

Texans 31 Colts 26

Last edited:
When the Jets and Colts play I am forced to flip a coin. Other than that it's anybody but!

Considering we still have alot of tough games left on the schedule then yes.I dont know if the texans will win this game though.:mad:

I hate the Colts. So, yeah, go Texans. Not sure I could pick a better week of football than having us win and the Steelers, Jets and Colts all lose.

Considering we still have alot of tough games left on the schedule then yes.I dont know if the texans will win this game though.:mad:

Of the games remaining, only the Steelers is one that causes me great concern. The others, the Pats should win if they consistently play their brand of football.

That being said, the Jets, Phins and Bills are all going to be tough games. As will the Packers game. The Lions aren't a pushover. The Bears don't have a real quaterback and neither do the Browns.

Well, Manning is my Fantasy QB LOL
But I'm happy to lose a Fantasy game if the Dolts lose for real!

Go texans, run Arian Foster up their throats!

Who else can't wait to see Crumpler, Neal, and Morris plowing away for BJGE ripping off 8 yard runs on every attempt against that midget defense? :D

Other than an aversion to any product of the Lone Star state, no.

Texans have been wildly inconsistent, even in wins. Even with all the injuries, the Colts still appear to have a consistent offense.

I would be surprised to see the Texans in the playoffs, even with a win tonight.

Last edited:
My friend is a big Texans fan. And the Colts might compete for the #1 seed, so another Colts loss would be the perfect dessert topping to a great Halloween weekend! I'm also not convinced that the Colts O will be the same without Dallas Clark (out for the season). So this will be a pretty interesting watch.

Nothing is a given in this league.I dont know if we can win playing the way we have as much.We have won some close games and gotten some freak plays.I thought we have outfoxed our last two opponents.Our D needs to improve more then wat i have seen.They are still giving up big yardage and time of possession for the other team is immensely a problem.

Well, Manning is my Fantasy QB LOL
But I'm happy to lose a Fantasy game if the Dolts lose for real!

I think he threw for like 7,000 yards in their week 1 loss, so it could be a win-win for you again!

With our secondary, I don't want any part of the Colts or Chargers in the playoffs. Go Texans.

There is no scenario in which I'd root for the colts.

As I said in this thread....

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/687470-who-root-week-8-edition.html

Here is why I am rooting for the Colts. NEP will have an opportunity to win the tiebreakers over the Colts, NE will not face the Texans. The Texans have 0 losses in the Conf, Colts have 2, NE has 1. NE has less than a one game lead on Hou (if NE was to lose, Hou has the tiebreakers). With the Colts, NE is ahead on the tiebreakers and thus has slightly more than one game lead on the Colts.

I find it odd you are critical of having a single thread discussing who to root for league wide and find starting such a thread a waste, yet then start a redundant thread dedicated to single game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back