PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Organized Religion: An utter waste of time

I think we're having a heated agreement.

Me too, errr.. haha

Back to the thread, I don't agree with some people here who bash organized religion, and in the same breath completely reject any concepts of God. They are two different debates.

Well, considering you

A) Don't understand what the majority of religions teach
B) Don't understand the proper usage of the word "supernatural" or
C) All of the above

then it is unfortunate that the basis of your contention revolves around that word.

Hmmm...interesting. So let's start with a definition.

http://www.answers.com/supernatural&r=67

su·per·nat·u·ral (sū'pər-năch'ər-əl)
adjective

1. Of or relating to existence outside the natural world.
2. Attributed to a power that seems to violate or go beyond natural forces.
3. Of or relating to a deity.
4. Of or relating to the immediate exercise of divine power; miraculous.
5. Of or relating to the miraculous.

noun

That which is supernatural.

Are you saying most religions do not teach that there are deities and miracles and powers that seem to go beyond natural forces? If that is the case, then you are absolutely right, I have no idea what most religions teach. And MAN, I think they are doing a great job at confusing most people. Seems almost like...what are the words I'm looking for here...an utter waste of time.

Me too, errr.. haha

Back to the thread, I don't agree with some people here who bash organized religion, and in the same breath completely reject any concepts of God. They are two different debates.

Well, you could look at them as two different debates, but they are most certainly intertwined. Isn't the purpose of most organized religions the furtherance of their concept of god? I don't get the sense that catholics, baptists, hindus or muslims are debating concepts of god, they are espousing their version of god. Do you disagree?

So, if you want to debate concepts of god, wouldn't you need to be outside of an organized religion to do so?

Believing in God is all that some people have, it gives them hope, it helps them survive a tragic death of a child, it gives them something to look forward too at the end of the line, there are billions of people who are not "Bible Thumping Fire And Brimstone Maniacs" they are quiet believing people who try to live decent lives and depend on their belief of a God to help them get through life.
God Bless Them.

I believe but Organized Religion and their obsession with Money turn me off, I believe in my own private way.

If you don't believe, so be it.
:bricks:

Last edited:
Believing in God is all that some people have, it gives them hope, it helps them survive a tragic death of a child, it gives them something to look forward too at the end of the line, there are billions of people who are not "Bible Thumping Fire And Brimstone Maniacs" they are quiet believing people who try to live decent lives and depend on their belief of a God to help them get through life.
God Bless Them.

I believe but Organized Religion and their obsession with Money turn me off, I believe in my own private way.

Harry, that is probably the best post I've ever seen you do. I agree 100%... and God is that antropomorphised old guy in the sky, looking down, smiling at this, frowning at that, I truly believe he smiles when you go about your business and do the right thing, more than when you preach. ("you" meaning "one.")

PFnV

God Bless Them.

Great post and very well said, Boy.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference