PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

One week later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do you find the stats on the length of the throws? Look, Cassell dinked and dunked, just like TB before Moss came around. Kudos to the staff for the gameplan, and management of Cassell, but IMO, I don't think you can say he outplayed Fabre.

Rump Swab? Quiet, you are starting to look like a baby, who cannot handle an opposing point of view. Very unbecoming.
Quiet??? I will call one a rump swab WHEN I see it that way..a baby? You have your head so FAR up his behind it's not funny..THAT is MOST becoming.. isn't it. Having an opposing view point is fine..being BLIND is being a rump swab..Length of the throws? I watched the game..saw where recivers were and for you to assert again and again about yardage after the catch on one hand..Cassel and be so UNAWARE of Favre's throws and where they went..is just silly. There were plenty yards after the catch for Favre's throws as well..and I pointed those out. Your point that Favre WAS SO MUCH better "vertically" just wasn't the case. And what about the many yards lost on his short throws?? You are entitled to being wrong...It's OK. And one LARGE factor was the turnover..Cassel had ZERO...Favre ONE..and it cost the team.

Last edited:
Quiet??? I will call one a rump swab WHEN I see it that way..a baby? You have your head so FAR up his behind it's not funny..THAT is MOST becoming.. isn't it. Having an opposing view point is fine..being BLIND is being a rump swab..Length of the throws? I watched the game..saw where recivers were and for you to assert again and again about yardage after the catch on one hand..Cassel and be so UNAWARE of Favre's throws and where they went..is just silly. There were plenty yards after the catch for Favre's throws as well..and I pointed those out. Your point that Favre WAS SO MUCH better "vertically" just wasn't the case. And what about the many yards lost on his short throws?? You are entitled to being wrong...It's OK. And one LARGE factor was the turnover..Cassel had ZERO...Favre ONE..and it cost the team.
Turnover or not, Jets were not winning that game. 89 to 85 in QB ratings, Cassell wins that. I will tell you this, I'd rather have Favre than Cassell.;)

Have fun with the dink and dunk.

Dink and dunk insults are back!

The anti-Brady folks are wheeling out their old shtick and applying it to Cassel. It really is 2001 all over again.

So, if we had switched QB's a week ago, who would have won? The patriots played one of the worst teams in football 2-53. We will get to do a lot of that this year. I believe that Cassel can bring us deep into the playoffs and perhaps to the SB. However, I don't have to believe that Cassel's OK performance made him better than Favre, even for a day. Favre had a very weak supporting cast, including poor coaching.

Cassel played better than Favre. Aside from it hurting your feelings, it is simply a fact.

Turnover or not, Jets were not winning that game. 89 to 85 in QB ratings, Cassell wins that. I will tell you this, I'd rather have Favre than Cassell.;)

Have fun with the dink and dunk.
Unfortunately THAt was not the question...the question was about one game....SUNDAY's Game. How quickly does one change the subject and run from it..THAT is OK..do watch the game and see for yourself.
It's a whole other question about this year as to who I'd take. Good for you that you would take Favre..NO surprise there.. And in many waus it's a lot easier...an older HOF QV vs a 4th year player who has just made his first NFL start.
They are in different places in their careers..Cassel has an upside while Brett is getting older and has a large downside. The HOPE is he will so something for the Jets before it comes on strong. I think he'll make some big plays for them, but will also cost them some plays as well. At this point..I think it's a wash. With all the money NYJ have spent in teh offseason on guaranteed contracts, I think their fans expect a bit more than what happened on Sunday. Time will tell.
I'm fine with the dink and dunk and winning...better than will happen with Favre's Jets.

Unfortunately THAt was not the question...the question was about one game....SUNDAY's Game. How quickly does one change the subject and run from it..THAT is OK..do watch the game and see for yourself.
It's a whole other question about this year as to who I'd take. Good for you that you would take Favre..NO surprise there.. And in many waus it's a lot easier...an older HOF QV vs a 4th year player who has just made his first NFL start.
They are in different places in their careers..Cassel has an upside while Brett is getting older and has a large downside. The HOPE is he will so something for the Jets before it comes on strong. I think he'll make some big plays for them, but will also cost them some plays as well. At this point..I think it's a wash. With all the money NYJ have spent in teh offseason on guaranteed contracts, I think their fans expect a bit more than what happened on Sunday. Time will tell.
I'm fine with the dink and dunk and winning...better than will happen with Favre's Jets.
Pretty soon, you will have to score touchdowns.

We're working on it.

Still, winning by nine doesn't strike me as a close game. Why does everyone keep calling it that?

So, if we had switched QB's a week ago, who would have won? The patriots played one of the worst teams in football 2-53. We will get to do a lot of that this year. I believe that Cassel can bring us deep into the playoffs and perhaps to the SB. However, I don't have to believe that Cassel's OK performance made him better than Favre, even for a day. Favre had a very weak supporting cast, including poor coaching.

I dont know what 2-53 means??
I do know that Matt Cassel played better in this game than Brett Favre did.

I have no clue what switching QBs a week ago means. Brett Favre is not our QB so what he would do on our team is irrelevant.

Matt Cassel is our QB and what he would do on another team is irrelevant.

The fact remains that Matt Cassel playing with Patriot teammates against Jet defenders played better than Brett Favre with Jet teammates vs Patriot defenders. That is the only scenario that matters.
Favre is supposed to be the reason the Jets win, and everyone expected them to overtake us when Brady went down. Whether its coaching, supporting cast, decision making, accuracy or whatever, the fact remains that our QB, supposedly the reason we now suck, played better than theirs, supposedly the reason they overtook us.

Why? The Pats' defense is only going to get better. If a Cassel led offense averages 17 points a game, the Pats probably get somewhere between 12-14 wins, IMO. I see this defense being one of the most stifling, when it comes to scoring, that the Pats have had in a while.

I keep forgetting, we (at 2-0 with a 19-10 win over you) better start scoring TDs, but you (at 1-1 with a 10-19 loss to us) dont have to.

We were supposed to be worried abut Cassel. Your guy put up 10 points and threw a crucial Int, its time for you to be worried about him. And we have a lot of talent around our guy. Yours needs to carry you. He wont be doing that putting up 10 points and giving you a weak argument that he played better than a guy making his first start since High School.

You need him to carry your team if you have any chance at being respectable, and you are fighting for justifying his 10 point day being good.
No wonder Jet fans are called delusional.

This is hardly a litmus test.....The JEST are 3-0 against the Phins and 2-13 against everyone else in the last 2 years. I did all I could to NOT be a part of the 10 PAGES of dumb QB threads in the last week.....but alot of fair weather fans showed their true colors.

yeah, the jets are pretty bad, imo worse than most people think. i think the chiefs and the jets aren't the best comparisons for this team. let's see how they do against a better team, though not sure when that will be. even san fran is looking decent so far, and san diego is still tough even though they're 0-2.

We have a 53 man team. 2-53 is player 2 through 53. Okay Matt Cassel is one of the best QB's in the league because he plays on such a good team that only mediocre performance on his part is needed to win. That doesn't make sense to me. We needed and need a C+ to C- performance by our Qb to win games. Our team is that good. The jets need at least a B+ performance from Favre to beat a decent team. I believe tha Favre played at a B level and Cassel at C level. That's fine. We were better than the jets at almost all other positions.

We can take the position that winning is all that matters in which case if we win, all our players played better. If we lose, all our players played worse.

I dont know what 2-53 means??
I do know that Matt Cassel played better in this game than Brett Favre did.

I have no clue what switching QBs a week ago means. Brett Favre is not our QB so what he would do on our team is irrelevant.

Matt Cassel is our QB and what he would do on another team is irrelevant.

The fact remains that Matt Cassel playing with Patriot teammates against Jet defenders played better than Brett Favre with Jet teammates vs Patriot defenders. That is the only scenario that matters.
Favre is supposed to be the reason the Jets win, and everyone expected them to overtake us when Brady went down. Whether its coaching, supporting cast, decision making, accuracy or whatever, the fact remains that our QB, supposedly the reason we now suck, played better than theirs, supposedly the reason they overtook us.

We're working on it.

Still, winning by nine doesn't strike me as a close game. Why does everyone keep calling it that?

would have been a 1-possession game if the jests kicker wasn't a doofus and missed the fg on the opening drive. thank goodness for that.

it was obvious that the pats were going to win once they got that lead, but the jets were able to do pretty well. 260 yards of offense vs. 256 yards of offense...it was close in all other aspects of the game.

This seems so much like 03...when the team was winning close games..same kinds of issues..a BIT DIFFERENT with Cassel..but the feel for 03...

We have a 53 man team. 2-53 is player 2 through 53. Okay Matt Cassel is one of the best QB's in the league because he plays on such a good team that only mediocre performance on his part is needed to win. That doesn't make sense to me. We needed and need a C+ to C- performance by our Qb to win games. Our team is that good. The jets need at least a B+ performance from Favre to beat a decent team. I believe tha Favre played at a B level and Cassel at C level. That's fine. We were better than the jets at almost all other positions.

We can take the position that winning is all that matters in which case if we win, all our players played better. If we lose, all our players played worse.

LOL Since when is a <200 yard 1 TD 1 COSTLY pick 2 scoring drives performance a B level one for a dead lock HOF'er and a 0/TD 0/INT while leading 5 scoring drives performance a C level one for a guy who hasn't started since HS...

I keep forgetting, we (at 2-0 with a 19-10 win over you) better start scoring TDs, but you (at 1-1 with a 10-19 loss to us) dont have to.

We were supposed to be worried abut Cassel. Your guy put up 10 points and threw a crucial Int, its time for you to be worried about him. And we have a lot of talent around our guy. Yours needs to carry you. He wont be doing that putting up 10 points and giving you a weak argument that he played better than a guy making his first start since High School.

You need him to carry your team if you have any chance at being respectable, and you are fighting for justifying his 10 point day being good.
No wonder Jet fans are called delusional.
Again, I am not a Jets fan. Not a Packer fan. As others have agreed and can plainly see, Cassell didn't "outplay" Favre. On the flip side, I wouldn't say Favre outplayed Cassell either. Talk about delusional. Every fanbase seems to be. Perhaps because this is a pretty popular place, we see more delusion here?

Oh, we're basing performance on waht we should expect from the player based on skills and past experience.

In that case, I give a clear A to Cassel. He's doing all he can with what he has.

LOL Since when is a <200 yard 1 TD 1 COSTLY pick 2 scoring drives performance a B level one for a dead lock HOF'er and a 0/TD 0/INT while leading 5 scoring drives performance a C level one for a guy who hasn't started since HS...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft