One more thought on the Redskins game

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchick

Moderatrix
Staff member
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I was just reading a post from a Colts fan about how physical their secondary is. Which of course was the same thing all the Redskins fans said. We heard 2 things over and over, both from Skins fans and from commentators:

- The athletic, physical secondary led by Taylor and Landry would try to make the Pats' receivers pay after every throw;

- They would take away Moss and Stallworth and test the patience of the Pats' big-play oriented offense.

So here's what just hit me: they did just that. The Skins secondary -- particularly Taylor and Landry -- were extremely physical. They did punish receivers. There were times they seemed to crush Wes Welker like a bug....after he made the first down. :) Moss and Stallworth? Shutdown city! They combined for just 9 yards in the first half.

In other words, the Redskins carried through on their defensive game plan and the Patriots still laid down 52 points on them. How scary is that?

I was just reading a post from a Colts fan about how physical their secondary is. Which of course was the same thing all the Redskins fans said. We heard 2 things over and over, both from Skins fans and from commentators:

- The athletic, physical secondary led by Taylor and Landry would try to make the Pats' receivers pay after every throw;

- They would take away Moss and Stallworth and test the patience of the Pats' big-play oriented offense.

So here's what just hit me: they did just that. The Skins secondary -- particularly Taylor and Landry -- were extremely physical. They did punish receivers. There were times they seemed to crush Wes Welker like a bug....after he made the first down. :) Moss and Stallworth? Shutdown city! They combined for just 9 yards in the first half.

In other words, the Redskins carried through on their defensive game plan and the Patriots still laid down 52 points on them. How scary is that?
Very Scary :eek:

My guess is that the Colts miss the team bus to the Dome, and decide to go bowling instead.

yeah...duckpins

yeah...duckpins

Wildly OT, but did you know that Indianapolis is in fact the only city in the Midwest with duckpin bowling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News