Welcome to PatsFans.com

On to Buffalo I say!!

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PatsDeb, Dec 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatsDeb

PatsDeb PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -1

Did anyone see the game yesterday? Did Buffalo look good or is Miami just that bad these days?

I missed the first Buffalo game and I did not see a replay, so I don't know what happened except that the D was awful and we had to come back from a pretty big deficit.

I am hoping that our division rivals to the west don't pick this weekend to pull off an upset. I want a bye and homefield advantage and I want it now!!

It seems like Buffalo plays teams tough and loses a lot of close ones. How can the Pats get back to their blow out ways?
  2. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Buffalo is an improving team. Fitzpatrick is unquestionably the second best QB in the AFCE. Miami is no slouch either they just beat the Jets.

Patriots is the better team and should win, but it is no cake walk.
  3. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

The Dolphins offense is absolutely putrid.

As a team they score 17.1 PPG, which puts them at #31 in the NFL. Only the Panthers (13.1 PPG) are worse. Their defense is actually quite good.

As for the Bills, it is worth nothing that they've had quite a few one score losses against winning teams.

Steelers: 3 points
    Ravens: 3 points
    Bears: 3 points
    Chiefs: 3 points
    Patriots: 8 points

...but also worth noting they wore blown out by the Tavaris Jackson led Vikings just 3 weeks ago.

They also rank dead last (158.6 YPG) in the NFL in rush defense. I look for BJGE to have yet another big game against them.
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  4. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I'll be there............... Should be good. I say we win though. Lots to play for. We control our destiny.
  5. robertweathers

robertweathers Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Buffalo has 4 wins. 3 have come vs teams under .500.

In the Brady/BB era, at home the Bills have lost to the Pats by an average of 18.3 points.

Pats 38 Bill 20.
  6. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -1

#54 Jersey

Oddly enough, in recent years, the Bills really get up for the games in Foxboro, but toss in the towel in Orchard Park.
  7. Kid~Brady

Kid~Brady Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

True but don't let that stat fool you. Bills pretty much beat the Steelers and took Baltimore to OT in a road game. Didn't someone say that same thing before the browns game? If there is anything I've learned this season, its not to underestimate teams, especially the Bills...it was a close game the first game we played them at home and that was with Moss catching 3 TD passes.

Bills should honestly be like 8-6 Lol
  8. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

I bet in his presser BB says the Bills are a good team that is hard to beat. Anybody want the opposite side of that action?
  9. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -1

#54 Jersey

You forgot something about the divisional aspect of the game, and it being on the road, adding to the difficulty. ;)
  10. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Before we get excited about all the "close" games Buffalo has been in with "good teams" this year, we need to start the discussion with 2 points.

1) They still lost those games.
    2) Any game with the Bills over the last 3-4 years is the very definition of a "trap game" for just about any decent football team. They are bound to play some of those games close, and even win a few of them.

They just are not that good. Talent wise.
  11. robertweathers

robertweathers Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I hear ya but I don't get caught up in that woulda-shoulda-coulda stuff. They lost that game b/c a JAG WR didn't catch the ball. That happens frequently on teams that lose.
  12. rivers983

rivers983 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I will also be there with a contingent of 10.
  13. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Buffalo's lost so many close games and won 4 out of their last 6. Dangerous road game. Still, I hope to see us bounce back from an average performance against GB. Seems like a game BB will treat like a loss and challenge the guys to make a statement this week.

BJGE has done very well against Buffalo and obviously so has Brady. Our DL injuries are a concern again but I think the front 7 bounces back. If not, we can outgun them. If we found a way to beat a very good Packer team we'll find a way to beat this team. But I'm hoping our boys make a statement here.
  14. mr3putt

mr3putt Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Two good things in Buffalo
    Wings
    A Patriots victory

One bad thing in Buffalo
    Everything else
  15. brdmaverick

brdmaverick Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

.....and more importantly, the Patriots flat out have the Bill's number. I think it goes all the way back to the 2003 opener when the Bills last beat the Pats.
  16. upstater1

upstater1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

I will definitely be there!!!
  17. Brady_to_Moss

Brady_to_Moss Revis Island is here PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

on to the next one!
  18. Brady_to_Moss

Brady_to_Moss Revis Island is here PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

and sooner or later its going to change..just hopefully not on sunday :D
  19. PatsDeb

PatsDeb PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -1

I went to a Pats game in Buffalo a few years ago. It was a lot of fun. Their stadium is just like the old Fox (metal benches & all) and even more in the middle of nowhere, if that is possible. The restaurants were good, the people friendly and I kind of liked the town, in a retro kind of way. Plus, there were lots of Pats fans there for the game (apparently a regular occurence), so the vibe was good.

I think we'll win, but I thought we'd win this week easily, and that didn't turn out so well. With what are we going to replace Moss's three TDs in week 3?
  20. Isaac

Isaac Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Buffalo is a very good football team, somehow, I'm not really sure how.

Teams that Buffalo lost to within one score:
    Dolphins
    Patriots
    Ravens
    Chiefs
    Bears
    Lions
    Steelers

They've only lost one game by more than 3 pts in the last 9 games (winning 4 of those games).

This is the biggest game of the year because the Patriots are playing for the biggest prize (#1 seed). Good stuff!
  21. MarvLevy

MarvLevy Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I know we are 4-10, but the Minny game was a fluke. They fell behind early and that is a recipe for disaster against Minny at home. Their crowd gets into it and Allen gets great jumps off the line.

And the points for stat is completely skewed. Edwards started the first 2 games and we scored a total of 17 points. With Fitz as our QB, we are averaging 21.3 points per game, which is just behind the Steelers and ahead of the Jets.

After our brutal 0-8 start, we are a Steve Johnson dropped pass of being 5-1. The oline has come together quite well, F Jax and Spiller are a good combo, our young receivers have really stepped up, and Fitz has played out of his mind (Gailey runs a QB friendly offense).

Our defense is still very shaky but has shown some improvement. I think we will put up some points against NE but I do worry how much we will limit them. I'd hope for snow but we all know how good NE is in that.

I jsut hope for a close game that gives us a shot to win in the end. As a Bills' fans against NE, our goals aren't too lofty. :(
  22. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 1 / -0

No. No they shouldn't. Not even close. But the Pats have learned their lesson by getting their asses beat by the Browns. They will take Buffalo seriously. And winning this game is very important for locking up the #1 seed. I'm sure BB will drill this into them. Pats didn't exactly beat Green Bay easily either even with Rodgers out. BB will be on their asses this week leading up to Buffalo. You can count on that. They won't take em for granted.

OOC: Perhaps this should be merged with the Trap game thread?

How many games in a row has Buffalo lost to New England now? Just saying. I'm sure you're hoping for a respectable game. But if the Pats play like they are capable of, the game won't be very close at all. Not saying that to be mean. You've seen what they've done on offense this season.
  23. baxter1

baxter1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So I am a long time die hard fan of the Bills, and this statement is (almost) 100% dead on the money. Steve not JAG..he is a legit #1 in this league, just does not have the name yet..kinda how Welker was JAG before his NE days.

Having said that, this team is different from typical Bills teams the last decade, they are actually improving week to week. Get so sick of hearing how the the worst run D in the NFL, as while technically true, the last 6 weeks prolly giving up an average of less than 120 yds per game on the ground. And every week they are getting better as they adjust to the the new DC and the new system.Not thinking htey can stop Tommy and the boys, but they won't give up 38 again..at least I don't think they will:scared:

But back to original post..they are just making that turn from finding ways to lose to finding ways to win. My logical side says Pats win again, but my emotional side thinks this team may actually have the mental capacity to beat the Pats.

Go Bills
  24. robertweathers

robertweathers Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I'm glad you called me out on my statement because I am wrong about Steve Johnson. He is a good WR and not a JAG. I don't know the root-cause of "the drop" but typically focus and lack of urgency are #1 and #2 b/c it's not talent that is the issue at this level.

The Bills have won 4 of 6 and are playing better and with any luck, should have about 6, maybe 7 wins. Keep in mind that 3 of your 4 wins have come vs teams with under .500 records.

Historically, in the BB/TB era, the Bills play the Pats tough one game and it's a 10+ points margin of victory the next. Seeing that the game in Sept was close and the Pats beat the Bills by an ave of 18.3 points in BUF and with BB cracking the whip this week, your team will most likely be in for a long afternoon.
  25. Kid~Brady

Kid~Brady Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

They beat Miami, Cleveland, Detroit and Cincy. Not too bad for them. They've had some very close games that could have gone either way. They took Baltimore to OT in Baltimore, took Kansas to OT in Kansas, should have beaten Steelers if it wasnt for that idiot dropped pass in the endzone. They gave us a hell of a game in Foxboro.

People are sleeping too hard on the Bills, they are a better team this year and are capable of beating anyone. if not 8-6, atleast 7-7 Lol.
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
  26. Patspsycho

Patspsycho Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Bills are getting there, but we will win this weekend only because it means we cinch the AFC, and we phoned it in this past Sunday, so this game will be a bounceback.

Also it hasn't escaped our notice that you guys beat Miami.

If none of the above had or were happening, then I'd say we'd be ripe for an upset. I am sure you guys will break the streak next year, for sure.
  27. patsfaninpa

patsfaninpa Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I hope like hell Buffalo wins one more game. Jan 2nd. The Jesters are pounding their chests they beat a depleted Steeler team. They better not sleep on their last two games. At Chicago. Then Buffalo comes a calling to the New Meadowlands. Would Bills fans rather win a meaningless game against NE, or Knock Out Rex?
  28. baxter1

baxter1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Noted..why we play better in Foxborough is a mystery.Think a lot has to do with the games up there have been the 1st meeting of the year. Listen, BB is the the best I have ever seen (47), but Gailey is also the best coach the Bills have had in 15 yrs from a strategy, X&Os standpoint. Not saying he is going to outcoach BB, but he will not be quite the rool over job BB typically does on us the 2nd game of the year. The Bills have been making great adjustments during the game this year(we kinda forgot what that looked like), and almost always play better in the 2nd half of games.

And, this is the first time in a long time they seem to actually still be excited this late in the year.

Were getting both, so bonus for us:woot::rolleyes:
    Go Bills..s
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
  29. upstater1

upstater1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

Bills fans should be majorly concerned about yet another 1st round pick screw-up.

My God, Bledsoe, Losman, McCargo, Spiller, Maybin, Lynch, Whitner, McGahee, Mike Williams, Flowers.

How in the world do you blow 10 #1 draft picks in a decade and win a single game in the NFL?

That's absurd.
  30. karran_s

karran_s Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If the Pats get an early lead, I don't see them catching up.. We got stymied by GB with their onside kick. Plus, Brady had only 19 mins the entire game.

The time of possession will be higher... BB will make sure with his game plan.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.